Dreamworld. September 2011

Parkz News

I just wanted to say this is one of the best updates I've read to date. Funny AND informative. Who wrote it? Richard? Anyway, I just wanted to point out some of my highlights from the captions. I either strongly agree with these sentiments or they were just plain funny... "Dreamworld, though you're in our good books for doing something vaguely resembling proper theming this time around, it would probably be better if the major elements were facing so people inside the park could admire it, and have it add to the ambience of the park." "Lets hope Dreamworld sees the errors of past ways, and understands the value of neatly incorporating attractions into the surroundings, rather than using unrelated themes." "A healthy juice is probably just the thing to wash down your hot dog and Krispy Kremes" "Direct from Roller Coaster Tycoon, this thing has popped up." "The "famous" (?) Nick sphere is now more like an olive." Brilliant!

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing we didn't already know but... Had a DW rep come to the hotel today and drop off their new brochures for our Concierge area along with the message that we were "no longer allowed to hand out the older ones". Opened a new brochure and old one to confirm my suspicions that it was due to the removal of Nick. Surely enough every image of the Nick area had been replaced with more generic images from the park. The one thing that shocked me though was the absence of any Buzzsaw or Shockwave images or information. I think DW needs to speak to their printer to speed up the process as I am sure they would not have left these out had the brochures only been sent to printing a month ago.

Edited by Wyncenuros