September 2011 - Survey

aussienetman

Hi guys, Last year around this time I asked you all to do a number of different polls etc to discover which rides were your "must-do's" of the Gold Coast parks. To make this process easier (and to not clog things up) please find a link to the 2011 survey. Your answers are appreciated. I would love to compare these results to last years surveys to track any changes among members, and of course, I will post the results here. LINK TO SURVEY Thanks for your input and I look forward to seeing any changes from the last 12 months. PLease note - only the rides and shows listed on the respective official pages have been listed here. No rides or shows specifically aimed at small children have been included. Nathan Edit to add Buzzsaw has not been included because this survey only takes into account rides, attractions, shows and eateries current prior to September school holidays. All items must be listed on the respective official website. Obviously upcharge attractions are also not included. Water parks have not been included this year. This survey will be open for 7 days only.

Edited by aussienetman

Sorry skeeta, the billabong buffet was unintentionally missed. Respondants, if you do choose billabong buffet as your food option at dreamworld can I please ask that you post here and I will add to the results accordingly. Nathan

Edited by aussienetman

2011 Survey Hi All, The results of my 2011 survey are in. With the parks relying on repeat visitors I decided to ask participants which attractions they had to do if visiting one of the big 3 themeparks. % shown relates to the % of respondants who make an effort to see, ride or watch this attraction when they go to a park. As a reminder, here’s the top 10 attractions as voted by parkz readers in September 2010. 2010 RESULTS 1 Movie World - Wild West Falls 86% 2 Movie World - Superman Escape 76% 2 Movie World - Scooby-Doo 76% 2 Dreamworld - Tower of Terror 76% 2 Dreamworld - The Claw 76% 6 Dreamworld - Giant Drop 71% 7 Seaworld - Jet Rescue 67% 8 Dreamworld - Tiger Island 57% 9 Dreamworld - Thunder River Rapids 52% 9 Dreamworld - Wipeout 52% Now, let’s get straight onto the results of this vote held over the last week. I have had quite a few more votes this year than last year, so here are the Top 10 rides and attractions which have re-rideability value as voted by Parkz readers. 2011 RESULTS 1 Movie World - Superman Escape 87% 2 Movie World - Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster 82% 3 Seaworld - Jet Rescue 79% 4 Dreamworld - Tower of Terror 76% 5 Dreamworld - The Claw 66% 6 Dreamworld - Giant Drop 63% 6 Seaworld - Shark Bay 63% 8 Movie World - Wild West Falls 59% 9 Seaworld -- Polar Bear Shores 57% 10 Movie World -- Batwing 56% As you can see, Movie World takes out position number 1 and 2 with Superman Escape and Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster. Here are the top 10 Big movers of 2011 – These are the top 10 attractions who gained in popularity over the last 12 months POPULARITY INCREASE FROM 2010 1 SW Shark Bay Up 28% 2 SW Sea Viper Up 23% 3 SW Ray Reef Up 21% 4 MW Batwing Up 18% 5 DW Mick Doohan Up 13% 5 SW Jet Rescue Up 13% 7 MW Superman Escape Up 11% 8 SW Imagine Up 10% 9 MW Lethal Weapon Up 8% 10 SW Polar Bear Shores Up 7% And unfortunately some attractions suffered a downturn in popularity – here’s the top 10 biggest interest drop offs over the last 12 months BIGGEST DROPS IN POPULARITY 2010-2011 1 DW Sky Rocket -38% 2 MW Wild West Falls -27% 3 DW Australian Wildlife Experience -20% 4 DW Reef Diver -15% 5 DW The Claw -10% 6 MW Star Parade -9% 6 MW Batman Adventure -9% 8 DW Giant Drop -8% 9 MW Road Runner -5% 9 SW Fish Detectives -5% According to this poll, Dreamworld only had two attractions increase in popularity over the last 12 months, Mick Doohan Motocoaster and Cyclone. All other attractions at Dreamworld polled badly taking their final result to an 83% drop in interest in Dreamworld’s attractions compared to 2010. Over at Movie World things were fairing better with an overall drop of 3% from 2010. Wild West Falls was the shock drop of the survey losing 27% points to drop from overall winner in 2010, to 8th place this year. Seaworld was the only park of the big 3 to experience a positive overall survey result, with a huge 96% increase in interest in their attractions. The place the majority of people go to eat out of the 3 parks? Gotham City Cafe with 41% of respondants saying thats where they choose to eat. I would love to know what you think about this year's results. Anything come out of these which you find interesting? If you would like the full listing please PM me and I'll send it through to you. Nathan

Edited by aussienetman