Batman Adventure - The Ride 2 closed

Hendo

A friend of mine is saying that MW is supposed to be having 2 new rides in time for the Christmas holidays? Green Lantern is obviously one, but what is the other? I would have initially assumed that the reason Batman was being closed just before the busiest season is to open something new in its place in time. But seriously, closing a ride of that scale (lets face it, it has been used as one of their major drawcards to the park for years) calls for a similar one in its place, not a quick 'rush job' one. So unless they plan to demolish and replace it within, what, a 2 month deadline? Then I agree, it doesn't make sense at all to close it now :wacko: Unless they are refurbishing and reopening with a new theme.... that might possibly work?

I hope before it closes someone will do the honours of recording it and posting the footage on YouTube. "No filming" is just a formality now, seeing as it's closing. Someone pull out your IPhone and go to town. ;) I'm very dissapointed about all of this, but on the bright side maybe I'll get to see how the facades really are when they are pulled out, that'll help me enhance my next model build if I do one. Maybe MW will auction off certain pieces from the ride like they did with Police Academy...never know. It's still a really sad thing for me, without Batman I really don't have a motivation to go to MW anymore. It's just not me to go on rides for thrill only, I like the atmosphere of dark rides and the elements, not to mention a STORY. That made it memorable for me as a kid, the thrills, well thats a bonus. I remember when I was a kid always being nervous and excited to go on it. :mellow: Oh well.

Edited by Spencer

Can't say I care too much if they replace it (preferably sometime soon/next year) with something equally as immersive. I'm more excited about the oppurtunities rather than being disappointed with the loss. Same goes with LTRR + Bermuda. Just the timing of the ride closures seems a bit odd, unless there is something behind the scenes that we aren't seeing.

Edited by keadz

I'm very dissapointed about all of this, but on the bright side maybe I'll get to see how the facades really are when they are pulled out, that'll help me enhance my next model build if I do one. Maybe MW will auction off certain pieces from the ride like they did with Police Academy...never know.

Which facades are you talking about? Were there actual facades for the simulator pods? It's been so many years since I've been on the ride, I can only really remember the library and the batcave bit

Which facades are you talking about? Were there actual facades for the simulator pods? It's been so many years since I've been on the ride, I can only really remember the library and the batcave bit

I was talking about the sides of the "Tracking Modules", the pieces with the missiles and Bat symbols. In the original ride it was shown as a full vehicle, which in my opinion looks pretty cool. Very Star Tours-ish.

Ahh okay... and what do they look like now? They modified them for Batman 2?

They are exactly the same, all of the sets were left untouched. Aside from the Wayne Manor library, all that is different is they added a TV screen in which the first preshow takes place. Of course since 2001 the Batman animatronic is motionless, and particularly the module B-105 is very run-down, squeaky and such. Avoid it. Keep at the front of the line if your going for a final ride so you can have a better experience. If I remember correctly, B-103 or 4 is the best one. I'm contemplating getting a 1 day pass just to have a final ride...

LOL! I think my Movieworld days are over to be honest, they don't offer what I want anymore. Batman Adventure is what kept me going back all these years. Now it's over, like in Backdraft...they said, "You go, I go". No coaster can make me feel differently, I'm not a coaster guy....definitely not a Green Lantern fan either. It's a shame that Movieworld has no family rides anymore, that's what their target audience used to be. Family's. Now it's moody teenagers with their heads stuck in their Iphones all day long...woohoo. :angry2:

LOL! I think my Movieworld days are over to be honest, they don't offer what I want anymore. Batman Adventure is what kept me going back all these years. Now it's over, like in Backdraft...they said, "You go, I go". No coaster can make me feel differently, I'm not a coaster guy....definitely not a Green Lantern fan either. It's a shame that Movieworld has no family rides anymore, that's what their target audience used to be. Family's. Now it's moody teenagers with their heads stuck in their Iphones all day long...woohoo. :angry2:

I am a teenager but I am not moody and I don't even have a Iphone or even want one and I only ever us my phone to my parents if i need too.

Hey man, I don't blame you. It's the sentimental feeling more than anything else. I love the atmosphere and the setting, as well as the idea of chasing villains around Gotham City. I am a huge Batman fan, which locks it in even more for me, I suppose it's not the simulator itself that I love, but more the surroundings...That's how I felt about LTRR as well. I've been on better ride's, like Star Tours...but I'm not a big SW buff, so that doesn't have the same value to me if that makes sense. In any case, to each their own.

Well the website makes it simple - its gone. get your last ride in if you want to, otherwise, I welcome speculation on the new attraction... Any suggestions? What can be knocked up inside an existing building in just over 2 months?

Hold that thought Alex! I am going to create a new thread for replacement ideas for all of these rides which have closed recently... Edited by GoGoBoy

Oh Reanimated - such hilarity. With two minutes, you could perhaps have that job done twice with time for a cigarette? Besides - knocking up my mother is a physical impossibility. Now that we're done with completely unnecessary, unprovoked (not to mention disgusting) "jokes" - does anyone have a serious response?