Flume Ride @ Aussie World

strop

Looks great, can't wait to try it out over the holidays. I noticed that along with the new ride came a new entry price of $29. Still great value if you ask me :D

I noticed that too lol. I was thinking that a price rise was in store for the place, I'm not at all fussed - more money for them will only lead to better ride investments in the future. Win win situation.

$25 but I think it was even lower than that before the addition of the big slide and redback, I couldn't tell you how much lower though.

Nope its been $25 for years since at least 2007. Before then it was $22 but that was only for 3 hours of unlimited rides. So technically the price is wayyyy better now because of 1. inflation 2. the fact that you get ALL day and 3. there's more rides.

Nope its been $25 for years since at least 2007. Before then it was $22 but that was only for 3 hours of unlimited rides. So technically the price is wayyyy better now because of 1. inflation 2. the fact that you get ALL day and 3. there's more rides.

In 2006 I think there was an option for non riders who got in for $5 and got unlimited Mini-Golf, ferris wheel and access to funny bone flicks. I'll post a report tomorrow about my trip to today

In 2006 I think there was an option for non riders who got in for $5 and got unlimited Mini-Golf, ferris wheel and access to funny bone flicks. I'll post a report tomorrow about my trip to today

That would be great thanks! I'm gonna do a mega report after I go on boxing day. Lots of pics too.

Just saw this news piece on The Plunge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7TkaFjiF34

Thanks for that - from that I can hear they're planning another new ride. I'm hoping it's a ghost train but not one of the new crap ones with Freddy and Jason et al. Getting sick of seeing those on new haunted themed rides, but I absolutely love the old Ghost Train at Luna Park Melbourne. Used to be called the 'Ghost Ride' back in '34, then the Tunnel of Terror and finally renovated in 2001. It's a shame they don't have a 'Ghost Train Museum' with all the old props from previous incarnations of the ride. Would be interesting to see though.

The way that place is going I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear the announcement of a new 8-10 million coaster in the next 5 years

Not entirely out of the realm of possibility :P But they'd have to get a big investor/investors on board or sell the park to someone with more capital.

They should sell it to WVTP, who could then turn it into a water park.

I hope you're kidding...i cant tell. Theres enough water parks and I like what they're doing with Aussie World. I'd much rather WVTP bought it and invested big $$ in AW expansion...bigger///better rides. Like a mini Six Flags...

They should sell it to WVTP, who could then turn it into a water park.

:D The irony is lost on some....lol Seriously though, a good second hand coaster would be the next logical attraction for Aussie World. This would then give them a very decent ride roster indeed, and one that would make people travel to visit.

The irony was NOT lost on me since I know all about that, the humor was lost on me because I cant tell from text without emoticons whether or not someone is joking. Still don't know if he was...since I know many people wanted AW replaced with a water park.

Ok POP. I am pretty sure that it was a lighthearted comment by Gazza. Seriously if we are talking a million dollars, what type of coaster (if indeed it is one) could be got for one million?? Second hand what would that buy you?

Im hoping in the future they'll be able to get a decent coaster. A small eurofighter like the Spongebob one at Mall of America isnt entirely out of the question. That ride cost $3,000,000 to build and yes I know it costs more to build rides in Australia, but even if you double it thats only $6,000,000, which is quite affordable.

Im hoping in the future they'll be able to get a decent coaster. A small eurofighter like the Spongebob one at Mall of America isnt entirely out of the question. That ride cost $3,000,000 to build and yes I know it costs more to build rides in Australia, but even if you double it thats only $6,000,000, which is quite affordable.

Not really. Our dollar is higher than the American dollar so it really wouldnt be too much more.. Wow....cool. The Spongebob ride looks AWESOME!
PS r u sure it was only $3 mill?

Not really. Our dollar is higher than the American dollar so it really wouldnt be too much more.. PS r u sure it was only $3 mill?

Yeah but I didnt want to say it would only cost us $3 million as someone would tell me it costs more here, so I doubled it just to show how affordable it really is. And RCDB says $2.9 million. http://www.rcdb.com/3727.htm A eurofighter would be an awesome addition to a park like Aussie World or even Luna Park. Who knows, Dreamworld could even go all out and make an awesome custom Eurofighter to compete with Movieworld's Green Lantern. Back to the more immediate future, I'd love to see Aussie World get a great new flat ride. I think something that can invert riders would be great and be the parks "big thrill ride", which would draw in crowds. Anybody know any good flat rides that can be bought for $1 million? Something like a Zamperla Power Surge maybe, or possibly even one of those "mini" top spins.