Flume Ride @ Aussie World

strop

Did the cgi picture look similar to the original illustration with the structure covering the top part of the ride?

Here's the concept art, hand drawn rather than CGI though: http://www.parkz.com.au/photo_update/general/2011/06/0626-1_Water_Shed_Plun_Flume1.JPG Nice to see they avoided the original green colour scheme and repainted!

Did the cgi picture look similar to the original illustration with the structure covering the top part of the ride?

Sorry to confuse, it was just a hand drawn one not cgi :P I only got a quick glance at it but I'm sure it looked a little different to the one you've shown Gazza. I'm probably wrong though haha. Either way it looks great, hope they do put the tower in though!

Sorry to confuse, it was just a hand drawn one not cgi :P I only got a quick glance at it but I'm sure it looked a little different to the one you've shown Gazza. I'm probably wrong though haha. Either way it looks great, hope they do put the tower in though!

No problem! Me too, theming can do wonders for such a simple ride. PS What did you think of AW?

No problem! Me too, theming can do wonders for such a simple ride. PS What did you think of AW?

I thought it was great! I've driven past AW a few times in the past and thought it wouldn't be worth it but the addition of the new rides got me there. Ended up staying most of the day and thought it was great value at $25. I also thought it would be desserted but there were actually quite a few people there. Although it was well populated there was still hardly any wait time for rides which is always a bonus! I was suprised to find that I prefer the Redback over the Shockwave, bit faster without the 'wave' the shockwave has. Love the wild mouse, went on it heaps. Rock 'n' roll rebel was great too. Dunno if the giant slide was a great investment for them, I didn't see it get much use at all. The only other thing is that Mozzi Muster... is there a vomit emoticon? lol It was closed three times throughout the day because of people vomiting. Come to think of it ALOT of the rides there are spinny rides. But yeah to answer your question I like it and I will definitly return :D

^ Yeah its amazingly good value. It used to be $20 for 3 hours back in 2002 (when I went there for my 14th bday) and now it's $25 all day - 9 years later + more rides. I think it's such an appealing price that people keep going back. As for the Giant Slide, I didn't think it would be a giant success since y'know, it's a slide lol. But I don't think they would've paid too much for it since it came from the Royal Easter Show secondhand. Redback has surely done amazing for attendance though (the manager recently said they had their best day ever on the Sept holidays) and the flume ride will be a BIG hit too especially in summer since it's, y'know HOT and water rides are always popular in the heat. Oh and yeah the Mozzi Muster is a real stomach churner. When my parents took me there for my 14th bday my dad got sick going on that ride lol. It's one I always avoid when I go there. We usually spend a lot of time of the Dodgems since that's our "thing" and the Dodgems there are great! FAR superior to the slow ass ones at Movie World (*shiver*) PPS And I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the Wild Mouse, SUCH good fun! I'm yet to visit since the introduction of the Redback but I will be going there when the Flume is open and taking my little 4yo cousin and 14yo brother - as an excuse. Hehe.

Here's the concept art, hand drawn rather than CGI though: http://www.parkz.com...Plun_Flume1.JPG Nice to see they avoided the original green colour scheme and repainted!

Looks great - let's hope that structure at the top of the ride actually gets built! Very nice concept. Maybe they are even planning some theming or effects to go inside the structure. Would certainly add a bit more interest to the ride

I'm yet to visit since the introduction of the Redback but I will be going there when the Flume is open and taking my little 4yo cousin and 14yo brother - as an excuse. Hehe.

Haha no excuse necessary - I'm 24 and I went with my friend who's 28 and we had a blast! Admittedly we were the oldest ones there, aside from parents of course but who cares it was fun as! We were a bit surprised by the staff constantly saying "back again?" Surely they experience re-riders all the time. But yeah I will definitely make a return visit for the flume ride later this year.

Looks great - let's hope that structure at the top of the ride actually gets built! Very nice concept. Maybe they are even planning some theming or effects to go inside the structure. Would certainly add a bit more interest to the ride

Yeah, I really hope the tower gets the go ahead as well - it'd finish it off nicely. It is certainly a needed ride, we were there on Sunday and it was hot as - would have been great to be able to cool off on something like this. Although it's not the biggest flume ride, it fits in to AW nicely. The reason I enjoyed AW so much is that you don't have to wait for rides so even if it's the lamest thing you've ever been on you still enjoy it because you know you didn't wait 30mins to hr to ride it. I wonder if they'll move the water wars attraction near this flume ride when it's complete.

^ Agree. I think they do have some quality attractions though - Dodgems are far better than Movie World's, Octopus ride is fun, Swing ride is nifty, Rock & Rebel has some cool effects + of course the Wild Mouse and now the Redback. Oh and you get a good view from the ferris wheel. I think in the next 3 years though they should add something like the wipeout (dreamworld) /rampage (Adventure world) or some type of air thrill ride. If they want to continue to grow then it's imperative they keep putting the profits back into the business. Maybe in the next 5 years they could have a few water slides too up the back there. Sunny Coast has NO slides. It's an oppurtunity.

^ Agree. I think they do have some quality attractions though - Dodgems are far better than Movie World's, Octopus ride is fun, Swing ride is nifty, Rock & Rebel has some cool effects + of course the Wild Mouse and now the Redback. Oh and you get a good view from the ferris wheel. I think in the next 3 years though they should add something like the wipeout (dreamworld) /rampage (Adventure world) or some type of air thrill ride. If they want to continue to grow then it's imperative they keep putting the profits back into the business. Maybe in the next 5 years they could have a few water slides too up the back there. Sunny Coast has NO slides. It's an oppurtunity.

Totally agreed! Haha, speaking of water slides and Sunny coast - when I was looking up AW I saw something for "Thrill Hill" and started to get a little excited until I realised they have 1 slide and charge like $20 for two hours!!! Lame much!

^ You have NO idea how much I used to love Thrill Hill. My dad and I used to go there a lot when I was younger and the slide IS a lot of fun. It's far better than the Mach 5's at W&W simply because its on a natural slope and you have room to move. But I heard the place has changed owners a lot and yeah it's gotten pretty expensive. I'm surprised to hear it's still open actually. Thought it went the way of the Pineapple.

^ I'm sure it is a great slide and lots of fun but I just don't think the prices are justified. Admission into park: $2.50 (entry & use of amenities) Waterslides: 5 years & upwards: One hour session: $17.50 (inc. admission charge) Two hour session: $27.50 (inc. admission charge) They use a plural (waterslides) to advertise it, however there is only 1. And for an hour at $17.50 I'd rather pay an extra $5 and go to AW for the whole day.

OMG they have an admission charge? That is outrageous since the only "amenities" they have is a total and a few tables + chairs. And yeah, AW is amazing value in comparison. Tbh I dont think many people go to Thrill Hill. TH + The Big Pineapple were doomed when the Nambour bypass when in in the early 90's.

• 2 weeks later...