Flume Ride @ Aussie World

strop

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great, can't wait to try it out over the holidays. I noticed that along with the new ride came a new entry price of $29. Still great value if you ask me :D

I was going to take my family to AW today but was put off by the $29 that I would have got charged for my 2 1/2 year old. Not really sure how many attractions a 2 1/2yr old can go on, so am spending my money elsewhere these holidays. I find it a bit rediculous that a small park would be willing to sacrifice patronage by charging for a 2+ yr old. Even the big parks don't start charging for children till they are 3.

I was going to take my family to AW today but was put off by the $29 that I would have got charged for my 2 1/2 year old. Not really sure how many attractions a 2 1/2yr old can go on, so am spending my money elsewhere these holidays. I find it a bit rediculous that a small park would be willing to sacrifice patronage by charging for a 2+ yr old. Even the big parks don't start charging for children till they are 3.

Same Here Troy81

I see where you are coming from, I wouldn't want to pay that much for a child that could only go on one or two rides either. I'm lucky enough to not have or ever want a child lol so it's still great value for me. Why anyone would want to take an infant/toddler to theme parks baffles me anyway, if they can't go on anything and aren't old enough to remember the experience why not wait till they're old enough or leave them at home with a baby sitter.

Why anyone would want to take an infant/toddler to theme parks baffles me anyway, if they can't go on anything and aren't old enough to remember the experience why not wait till they're old enough or leave them at home with a baby sitter.

I get the concept of not wanting to pay that much for a toddler, but to answer that question - some people are like us - enthusiasts who love their parks. Some want to expose their kids to the parks early so they love it as much as they do. Some people don't exactly like the idea of paying for a babysitter, so that they can go to a theme park - something meant for 'families'. Either way I do think it's a bit rough for AW to be charging the same price down to age 2. at least a 3 year old is capable of riding some things and enjoying it - a 4 year old would probably be better.

I get the concept of not wanting to pay that much for a toddler, but to answer that question - some people are like us - enthusiasts who love their parks. Some want to expose their kids to the parks early so they love it as much as they do. Some people don't exactly like the idea of paying for a babysitter, so that they can go to a theme park - something meant for 'families'. Either way I do think it's a bit rough for AW to be charging the same price down to age 2. at least a 3 year old is capable of riding some things and enjoying it - a 4 year old would probably be better.

Agree 100% with your thoughts here AlexB. My kids are 4 and 6 and they have been exposed to Theme Parks since birth. They love them and my son even has a collection of 5 dvd's with Rollercoaster and Theme park vids. We are heading up to Qld on Tuesday and will be visiting Dreamworld, Movieworld and Aussieworld. This will be our first visit to Aussieworld so it will be interesting to see how it rates. Looking forward to it. I also think that it is a bit much to be asking a 2 year old admission price of $29 just to enter the park. This is seemingly the only major criticism that I have heard of Aussieworld which, from all appearances, appears a very family friendly park in most other aspects.Will try and get as many pics as possible to share with the board.

I get the concept of not wanting to pay that much for a toddler, but to answer that question - some people are like us - enthusiasts who love their parks. Some want to expose their kids to the parks early so they love it as much as they do.

I Totally understand what you mean but if that's the case they shouldn't go around complaining that they had to pay for the privilege. The youngest memory I have is from about 4 years old so I still don't see why you would *want* to take them any younger, I'm sure they will still have a love for theme parks if you wait till they're 3+ to start taking them (That's just my opinion). Of course needing to take them because you have no other option is a different story and in that case you just have to suck it up and pay what they tell you to.

Some people don't exactly like the idea of paying for a babysitter, so that they can go to a theme park - something meant for 'families'.

Sure, theme parks are meant for SOME families but if you have a 1 or 2 year old I don't think that statement still applies. Take the kid somewhere more appropriate for their age.

Either way I do think it's a bit rough for AW to be charging the same price down to age 2. at least a 3 year old is capable of riding some things and enjoying it - a 4 year old would probably be better.

I doubt a 3yo is going to be able to do much more than a 2yo - I agree that 4 is probably best.

Went past Aussie World yesterday and carpark was almost full and Redback was doing a cycle which was full. I'd say they'd be doing decent business during the holidays with the Plunge now open. I'm keen to hear some reports though :o

I was actually keeping an eye out for your promised 'boxing day' visit with huge review and POV video... lol :P

I Totally understand what you mean but if that's the case they shouldn't go around complaining that they had to pay for the privilege. The youngest memory I have is from about 4 years old so I still don't see why you would *want* to take them any younger, I'm sure they will still have a love for theme parks if you wait till they're 3+ to start taking them (That's just my opinion). Of course needing to take them because you have no other option is a different story and in that case you just have to suck it up and pay what they tell you to. Sure, theme parks are meant for SOME families but if you have a 1 or 2 year old I don't think that statement still applies. Take the kid somewhere more appropriate for their age. I doubt a 3yo is going to be able to do much more than a 2yo - I agree that 4 is probably best. I was actually keeping an eye out for your promised 'boxing day' visit with huge review and POV video... lol :P

Well I was going to take my cousin and little brother but family had different plans. I still want to go sometime on the holidays though. Trust me it's not that I'm being stingey or anything, I have the money to go and I WANT to, I just want to go with kids because it's that type of park. I'd go to the bigger parks with my friends but AW with younger peeps. Edited by POP

Well I was going to take my cousin and little brother but family had different plans. I still want to go sometime on the holidays though. Trust me it's not that I'm being stingey or anything, I have the money to go and I WANT to, I just want to go with kids because it's that type of park. I'd go to the bigger parks with my friends but AW with younger peeps.

lol thats fair enough, I was lucky enough to get my hands on some free tickets so I'll be going sometime in the coming weeks. Thanks for letting us know about the crowds though, might be good to wait a couple of weeks for it to calm down again. Yeah I agree, going with some younger people makes going on the 'kiddy' rides much less embarrasing haha. Edited by Ride_me

My (now) 3 year old daughter is absolutely obsessed with Sea World, we went very regularly when we had an annual pass. I'd say it was quite age appropriate, we could always find heaps to do. I do agree that it's very excessive charging a child under 4, and we're taking a year off theme parks until she's another year older again.

My (now) 3 year old daughter is absolutely obsessed with Sea World, we went very regularly when we had an annual pass. I'd say it was quite age appropriate, we could always find heaps to do. I do agree that it's very excessive charging a child under 4, and we're taking a year off theme parks until she's another year older again.

Oh yeah, I know it sounds silly but I sometimes forget Sea World exists. All the shows, exhibits and animals are perfect for children and is definitely the best choice if you want to take kids that young to a theme park.

my kid is now almost 3 now i have DW pass we have bean taking her from when she was born had a myfun pass to SW was the best park park she love going and i take on all the the rides with no height restriction. height restriction are over 1m so to get them on those rides they need to be older will be going to AW soon now that she can go on height restriction rides now that she is 1m tall would have went before but not going to pay for my kid when they cant go on most rides

Hi Crofty, I can see you're a recent addition to the forum, please don't take this the wrong way - I think i've been a little too picky, but if you take the time to re-read your post before you submit it, it makes the reading a lot easier for others. At the very least, the the park park was a bit hard to get past. As I said i've been a bit too picky on the rest, and haven't really tried to fix grammar... (ducks before the next tirade from the anti-spell-checking-nazis)

my kid is now almost 3 now i have a DW pass and we have beaen taking her from when since she was born We had a myfun pass to SW which was the best park park she loves going and I take her on all the the rides with no height restriction. The height restrictions are over 1m so to get them on those rides they need to be older. Will be going to AW soon now that she can go on height restriction rides now that she is 1m tall. would have went before but not going to pay for my kid when they can't go on most rides

Fixed. :)

Was just having a look at some Melbourne parks as I might be heading down there soon. I noticed how Funfields bases their pricing on what rides you can actually use - definitely how all parks should be doing it! Entry & Unlimited Ride Prices* Anyone 142cm's or taller $33.00 Children between 100 & 141 cm's $28.00 Children under 100 cm's Free Seniors $23.00

Don't luna park do the same thing? they make theres heaps easier - they have a height board in the ticket queue, and each section is colour coded - i think it's red, blue and yellow - and then you buy a wristband based on your height colour (or one lower than your height if you're not wanting to ride everything).