The Parkz Update: Movie World, September 30 2011

Richard

There's currently only one row ready for installation, but these KumbaK seats reportedly offer a vastly smoother ride than the existing constrictive Vekoma trains, thanks to the open lapbar-style restraint on the new seats.

I guess this throws out the rumour from the Gold Coast Bulletin that the ride will be scrapped. :P I can't find any information about KumbaK manufacturing trains for Vekoma SLCs though. They sort of seem like the new style Vekoma trains. Does anyone have a link or some information about other KumbaK train upgrades for inverted Vekomas?

New trains...yes please! I've been wondering if Movieworld would ever purchase new trains for lethal, especially after my recent visit. To be frank, it hurt :P Even the general public thought so...with each train that rolled back into the station, at least 1 person was holding their head with a dissatisfied look on their face. The head banging really distracts you from what is a very good coaster layout (disorientating as hell...in a good way!). Even in the front I still was bashed around quite a bit. I was trying so hard to keep my head back and to the side of the head rest that all the fun in riding a coaster was lost :/ Hopefully these new trains by KumbaK will make the ride a lot smoother. Although I am impressed that MW are giving lethal a much needed upgrade =), something needs to be done about the lethal weapon area and queue. Because the queue has changed places there is a lot of unused space, leaving the whole theatre entry unused, the lethal petrol station shop closed and china town a little deserted. The new entry looks terrible...just a hole in the shed wall with shade sails recycled from the theatre entry -_- Plus the new queue misses the mark, compared to what it used to be. Just another thought...is Lethal Weapon a dying/dead movie franchise? I have a feeling that the teenagers of today wouldn't have a clue that it relates to a movie, let alone even watched the Lethal Weapon movies....heck I haven't even seen them! Along with the new trains, I think a re theme and name change is in order. WVTP did a great job with the Corkscrew, why not for Lethal? With some good marketing, it'll give the ol' hang 'n' bang a new lease of life.

Edited by Luke

Whats the concensus with Sea World's new trains? Didn't really make the ride smoother, though I'm not sure if that was the aim of the upgrade. The old trains were pretty smooth anyway. According to the website the upgrade was "the final stage of a step-by-step upgrade made to a 1982 Arrow Dynamics Loop / Corkscrew and which includes new chassis, bodies and restraint system. The new style bodies allowed the ride to be re-launched in 2010 as the 'Sea Viper'. The new restraint mechanism provides infinitely adjustability of the harnesses and ensures that the locking and redundancy of the system comply with both the Australian and European amusement ride safety standards." Hopefully the aim for Lethal Weapon is to make the ride actually enjoyable (crazy I know).

Edited by keadz

Wow MW really is getting a whole make-over, new slide on WWF, new trains for LW and new replacements in the future for BMTR2 and LT. See when you don't live close anymore you don't get to see or hear this stuff anymore until you read the update, so thanks. I think new trains are a great idea, hopefully they vastly improve the ride. Everyone I know thinks the ride is great, that it is has a great layout, unique that your legs hang and that you go upside down so many times, the one thing that stops them from not riding it is you feel like your ears are bleeding every time you get off. Question with the new trains in the end will there be 2 trains for in the peak times, because I have no doubt if the trains make the ride smoother it will see bigger crowds? Also, I haven't seen the new queue, can someone explain where it starts and what it now misses out on? I would imagine there would have to be some advertising to let people know its had an upgrade, could they open the shop then and revert the queue back to the old way and give it an update. Seeing as though the ride has no down time before Christmas I don't think we will be seeing a re-theme though.

• 1 year later...