Lethal Weapon's New Trains

Flea

Figured this deserved it's own topic. For those that didn't see (or didn't scroll down far enough) the latest Parkz update for MW, our investigative photographer managed to grab a couple of shots of a new LW train in the maintenance bay. While there are some questionable things happening at the park I think they're also doing a lot of good. LW desperately needed new trains... they could've easily let the ride deteriorate and stay rough like so many coasters around the world.

This has been in the pipe for some time. It's great to see the ride finally getting some much needed attention. Btw this will not be the only attention LW gets over the next 12 months infact don't expect it will even be "Lethal Weapon" for much longer.. Think total retheme and characters that tie in with the whole DC Universe.

...don't expect it will even be "Lethal Weapon" for much longer..

Wow, that's a little bit disappointing. Lethal Weapon and the China Town area are some of my favourite themed places in the park. I hope it's still kept rather 'enclosed' like it is now (not that I've seen it since the entrance was moved) rather than open it up to the rest of the park.

This has been in the pipe for some time. It's great to see the ride finally getting some much needed attention. Btw this will not be the only attention LW gets over the next 12 months infact don't expect it will even be "Lethal Weapon" for much longer.. Think total retheme and characters that tie in with the whole DC Universe.

Batman... the coaster!!!

^ There is really no Batman zone though since the official ride is shutting down + plus Batman is usually floating around the middle of the park. I think Batman: The Ride would be amazingly cool to replace Lethal Weapon theming. Actually I'm quite excited about that prospect.

That is fantastic news about LW! Smooth trains would be amazing! It hurt like anything last time I rode it. Even though the chinatown theming is great, I don't think LW really fits with Movie World anymore. I'm excited by the possiblity of a retheme!! Also, I like when people know things I don't. MickeyD says total retheme and characters plural. Awesome!

I quite like this idea of creating a Super Hero Plaza as you walk in - on your immediate left is the DC Comics store, Batwing, Superman is right in front of you, and head on through to Lethal Weapon (or whatever DC Hero will be taking over it). You could re-work the Adventure Ride building to work in reverse - in through the back near Lethal and come out near the walkway that will lead over to Green Lantern. It just makes sense.

post-224-0-71192900-1317639237_thumb.jpg

What an awesome list of rides relating to Superheroes. Can someone explain to me where abouts the new entrance to the Lethal Weapon is, sorry if its been mentioned already. It really does work quite nicely looking at the above image if the Lethal Weapon/Anonymous DC Comic Character Rollercoaster has moved its entrance towards that area. Only (small) problem is diversity in themeing. Superheroes are great but I think they need some new key attractions which aren't related to that. A matter of patience I guess.

Yes, There is the need of diversity... With too many of the rides of the very few that they have themed after superheros, They might as well rename the park after DC Comics or something. >.>

I actually like the idea of a linked "precinct" but yes, diversity is still something needed in MW. I also want to take this opportunity to applaud Whitsy on a very sensible, intelligent comment. (but...) Please don't take this as picking, but with the addition of parentheses, the second sentence reads much clearer like this: <i>With too many of the rides (of the very few that they have) themed after superheros...</i> I say this only because i had to read it quite a few times before i understood that you meant "a majority of the rides in the park are themed after superheroes" instead of what my mind saw as "the very few that they have themed after superheroes"

Only (small) problem is diversity in themeing. Superheroes are great but I think they need some new key attractions which aren't related to that. A matter of patience I guess.

I agree. I am happy to see them develop this superhero land. But I think once they finish Green Lantern, Lethal Weapon refurb and whatever replaces Batman (assuming it's also superhero themed) then it's time for them to move on for a while. Would be great to see them focus on the Wild West area and give this part of the park a new major attraction. Or perhaps a great family ride to replace Looney Tunes. Preferably both ;)