What is going on at Dreamworld

I have just come across this job advertised for Dreamworld. "6 Month Fixed Term Contract Dynamic, unique environment dedicated to ‘FUN’ Rare opportunity offering a challenge and diversity Australia’s premier theme parks, Dreamworld and WhiteWater World offer the best of both worlds with double the thrills and double the fun in one convenient location. Home to the ‘Big 7’ thrill rides and some of the coolest waterslides on the planet, our worlds present a challenging and diverse 6 month fixed term career opportunity for a self driven and motivated project coordinator/administrator to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for assisting with the coordination for an upcoming Dreamworld project. In this role you will be working closely with key project stakeholders across a number of areas including, but not limited to design, development, construction, operations and sales. Key duties include: Coordinate timelines/deadlines and communicate/drive core project stakeholders on deliverables Coordinate project meetings, agendas, minutes and drive action items to a deadline where required Coordinate the elements of the project together with project stakeholders from engineering, construction project management, procurement, marketing, operations, entertainment, commercial operations and sales departments Follow up on action points and deadlines to ensure timelines are not comprised Manage budget updates and report to key stakeholders As a highly efficient and effective project coordinator/administrator, you will have impeccable organisations skills with a love for spreadsheets and timelines. You are deadline focused and ensure those you work with understand the importance of delivery. You will ideally have the ability to interpret design concepts and plans and have experience in projects with a construction component through to operational delivery. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prioritise against competing demands and multiple objectives and are essential to succeed, coupled with a high level of computer literacy including an exceptional Microsoft Excel ability." What is Dreamworld doing? Why do you thick Dreamworld needs a project coordinator for six months? design, development, construction, operations and sales (makes me think) Could this be WWW Stage 3?

Nice to see the 12 year olds over at outsiders have put this up like they have some big info.... with a tiny little comment about where it came from.

OI Buddy, We are not 12 year olds, Brad found the Job opening on the Dreamwolrds website. he posted it to the page, after seeing it i said i recalled seeing this on Parkz this afternoon. Brad then gave skeetafly credit as the source. If any of you have an issue with this please dont hesitate to contact me - harrisonk@outsidersaustralia.com Edited by HarrisonKohn

Dream World needs to not put in any new rides for the next few years and save up for a decent rollercoaster. I would happily forego any new rides for up to 5 years if we got something amazing at the end of it. But of course that won't happen. Meh

Its not so much about 'saving up' for a new coaster...They are a well resourced company and can chuck down heaps if they want to...Thats how they were able to finance the $60mil cost of White water World. Its more about the return it will make. They'll spend $20 mil on one if they think it will make them back $20 mil.

Deadline focused? Like how the past additions have met their deadlines for opening on time with no problems... I think this has to do with the makeover of what was Nick Central. About the only thing I can think of upcoming that requires all the highlighted skill sets. Don't think after this year there would be anything like that requiring all those abilities opening and don't really see the next WWW stage would be a 6 month job from start to finish.

I think this has to do with the makeover of what was Nick Central. About the only thing I can think of upcoming that requires all the highlighted skill sets. Don't think after this year there would be anything like that requiring all those abilities opening and don't really see the next WWW stage would be a 6 month job from start to finish.

I had the same thoughts about the Dreamworks installation, but surely they would have that sorted already. It was touted as being a Summer Surprise, which would most likely mean a December opening. That's 3 months at best, and they haven't even hired anybody yet. If they allow a few weeks for the hiring process (I haven't looked up the ad to see what the deadlines are), then this project can't even start until November. Given the 6 months they have outlined for the position, this looks like it will be something opening in June/July.

Also, let me know when you want to have that beer or three at Dirty Harry and I'll be there Dave, been a big fan of your work since June last year.

You can afford to have 3 beers at the Dirty Harry Bar? You must really be making the big bucks ;)

I don't want to say this too loudly, but alcohol prices are the one area of the revenue department that I'm quite pleased with. I mean, sure it's more expensive than the local pub, but it's far cheaper than Surfers. I wouldn't be upset if they pushed the grog sales more, and when I go to Fright Nights I intend to spend lots of money in club blood, and I encourage everyone else whose old enough to do the same.

Edited by joz