What is going on at Dreamworld

OI Buddy, We are not 12 year olds, Brad found the Job opening on the Dreamwolrds website. he posted it to the page, after seeing it i said i recalled seeing this on Parkz this afternoon. Brad then gave skeetafly credit as the source. If any of you have an issue with this please dont hesitate to contact me - harrisonk@outsidersaustralia.com

Funny you didn't pick up MV looking for a project Administrator too with at least 5-10 years experience, everyone missed that job ad though, and the opportunity to apply has since closed.

It's Movie World! That is abbreviated as MW! Why has everyone started using MV? That stands for Motor Vessel, but not Movie World!

Yea seen it the other day but I couldn’t find it again to ref it. My theory, this is how we talk these days. mv (short for move) is a Unix command Edited by skeetafly

I was reading the Sunday Mail tonight and saw them mention Big Brother's imminent return, and positive talk about it returning to Dreamworld. It reminded me of this thread - perhaps coordinating the refurbishment of the Big Brother facilities and setting up for the broadcast is the purpose of the advertised role. Thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

DreamWorks and Dreamworld is official! http://clients.weblink.com.au/clients/pfl/article.asp?asx=AAD&view=2656300 The alliance "will be launched in three phases" Phase 1: DreamWorks “Holiday Shrektacular Show” this summer holidays Phase 2: a new themed precinct featuring the all new DreamWorks Experience Phase 3: ..... Profit?? :)

I'm pretty sure it's: Phase One: 'Shrektacular Festive Show' Phase Two: Official opening of 'DreamWorks land' (whatever it ends up being called) Phase Three: Opening of 'Po's Garden'. From what I gathered out of the press release, it's kind of like Mickey's house at Disneyland in Toon Town. Hopefully they pull it off at the same level. I think this will probably occupy a large amount of the empty space in Kids World at the moment.

According to Seven News last night, the old Nick Central will be divided into THREE new lands (assumably Shrek, Kung Fu Panda... and maybe madagascar (considering they had the lemur at the media call). They did say that the carousel would be themed to shrek. not sure on the rest.

^ the Dreamworks Experience precinct will be the retheming of Kid's World / Nick Central. One news report last night said there would be new rides while another said it would only be retheming of existing rides, so make of it what you will. Also a $10 million price tag was mentioned on the news that is not detailed on the press release below:

NEW WORLD-CLASS ENTERTAINMENT ALLIANCE WITH DREAMWORKS ANIMATION Dreamworld on the Gold Coast, Australia has revealed a new and world-class alliance with the innovative global entertainment brand, DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA), in the park’s most anticipated announcement for the year. The most exciting and extensive development currently underway in any Australian theme park, Dreamworld’s new DreamWorks Animation-themed lands will welcome guests inside the very worlds of their favourite animated characters, inspired by the iconic DreamWorks Animation franchises. Well-loved characters including Shrek, Puss in Boots, Po from Kung Fu Panda, Alex the Lion from Madagascar, and many others will soon appear at Dreamworld all year round. Dreamworld Chief Executive Officer Todd Coates said, “We are really excited to have formed a long term strategic alliance with one of the most visionary entertainment companies in the world. The DreamWorks Animation brand is a household name, and we have no doubt that featuring the characters and worlds from their movies will be a great draw for our park.” “Dreamworld has done a fantastic job of creating quality entertainment experiences for their customers and we look forward to joining forces with the largest theme park in Australia, a hugely important market for us,” added DreamWorks Animation Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Katzenberg. “The alliance between Dreamworld and DreamWorks represents yet another opportunity for families across the globe to interact with our characters in new and exciting ways.” The alliance will be revealed over three phases commencing with the DreamWorks Holiday Shrektacular Show this summer season. The stage spectacular will feature eight of DreamWorks Animation’s beloved characters performing a host of popular holiday-themed songs. In an Australian theme park first, phase two will open for the 2012 Easter holiday period with a new 8,400sqm DreamWorks Experience precinct, which will transform the heart of Dreamworld. Guests of all ages will be invited to step directly into the story as they enter these immersive lands: come face to face and interact with their favourite animated heroes, enjoy festive musical shows, ride all-new attractions, and delight in imaginative food, beverage and merchandise offerings. The precinct’s cornerstone rides will capture memorable moments from DreamWorks Animation’s blockbuster films. The exciting third phase, which is currently in development, will include a Kung Fu garden where families can meet Po from Kung Fu Panda and enjoy lunch or refreshments. The addition of the DreamWorks Animation brand tops off a huge year for Dreamworld as it celebrates its 30th birthday. An impressive line-up of new attractions, including the new exotic animal enclosure, The Lair, family adventure ride, ShockWave, and Big 7 thrill ride, BuzzSaw, account for the largest capital investment spend in a number of years.

http://about.dreamwo...ND-TO-2011.aspx

To be honest, I put down 9's "Two Playgrounds" to be journalism at its finest, with Stage 2 and 3 being referred to as these "Playgrounds". I wouldn't read too much into it. I also wouldn't expect any new rides, just a "Complete Retheme of the rides in those area's to capture the moments from those films" as Todd Coates put it.

^ the Dreamworks Experience precinct will be the retheming of Kid's World / Nick Central. One news report last night said there would be new rides while another said it would only be retheming of existing rides, so make of it what you will. Also a $10 million price tag was mentioned on the news that is not detailed on the press release below:

The $10 million is the price it cost Dreamworld to buy the rights to Dreamworks. Also it looks like they are meant to be together Dreamworld, Dreamworks

I think this is a poor choice for replacing Nick Central. I find all Dreamworks properties a poor imitation of the quality Disney/Pixar films. Their stories and characters are shallow and in the market place are long forgotten after release in the eyes of the customers, albeit Shrek, which degraded with each subsequent sequel, though even Shrek's popularity is waining now the series has ended for good. Their movies are not long from a cheap DVD bin and tend to be buried with no chance of seeing the light of day again. Nick Central looked great years ago when it was first built but like the rest of the park and attractions was allowed to fall apart. They never really invested in the area over and above the installation of the Spongebob Flyers. I do question if this is a case of Nick taking back/cancelling or not renewing their licence. If i was Nick i would not be happy at how Dreamworld was presenting their brands. Will be interesting to see if there is any long term interest and results from a Dreamworks themed area using characters that are largely long forgotten about...... Makes me think back to Wonderland and Hannah Barbarra....

A whole new generation of kids is being exposed to Hanna Barbera characters, thanks to Foxtel... As for the comments about the lastability of Dreamworks characters - i don't agree. Kung Fu Panda has some "recency" to it, and despite some people's views, Shrek still has pull - i mean for crying out loud - Universal Studios Singapore has an entire land themed to Shrek, with 3 MAJOR attractions (4d movie, roller coaster, and Donkey! Live) that aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Why is Shrek such a bad move for Dreamworld, when USS built a whole land around the concept less only 2 or so years ago?