Parkz new competition

Lscia8

Turns out there is more Theme Park Websites than we think. Check out this site http://thethemeparkplace.yolasite.com/ Any Thoughts PS. probably not in the right thread

Can we get a PR rep from Theme Parks a Go Go to comment on this highly welcomed new addition to the theme park coverage landscape?

Like all all websites/Facebook pages, theme parks a go-go have ambitious plans of domination over park websites. Obviously our goal is to overthrow Parkz, and we don't need other sites around to do it for us. Down with Parkz! Seriously though, are we still getting new sites trying to do what we already do? I thought we were starting to get over that phase. As for it being competition, yeah no on that one. I don't wish to sound arrogant but we've got the content, and all the people who know what they're talking about post on this forum (thanks again for that guys, we're well aware that without you the forum is nothing!), so understand that I'm not being mean when I say we're not looking nervously over our shoulder at your site. By all means, have fun though :)

See if it was something different to parkz like tpr or westcoaster I wouldn't have a problem with it but I don't see why everyone who likes DW, MW or SW has to make a website, FB page or what not. Edit: when I first saw this topic I thought there was a new comp like tue one a few years back :)

Edited by www worker

Any site that advertises Fright Nights is OK with me :P But seriously, some constructive criticism is that success is all about point of difference. It's no different than 2 theme parks installing the same ride, you need a point of difference. Theme park review is successful because its point of difference is that it's not just about hard core theme park nerdism, it's fun. Parkz is much the same, make your site stand out. This is why I like the Thrill History facebook page, it's different and thus is interesting.

I know it was a joke, but I reckon an app along those lines would actually be pretty good! If the ride status was updated in real time, those days where (for example) Superman breaks down, to be able to check your phone to see if it was up and an approx waiting time would work well.

I Cant wait till your minds are blown away by my app. All because it works

Since our parks are so small I don't think it'll be anything more than a novelty, but good on you guys for trying something different and being progressive. I'm curious to see how it all works. So long as you don't charge for it I'll be downloading the app.

We're not planning on any other operating systems other than Android & iOS at the moment. These two operating systems make up about 75 - 80% of smart phones, so we're happy with this amount. The Android conversion will probably be outsourced, but should work at the same quality as the iOS version.