Anyone up for a final Wonderland meet?

Flea

Richard and I have just been discussing the possibility of having a Total Thrills meet up to say farewell to Wonderland. The date would obviously be sometime before Easter, on a weekend. Since flights are so darn cheap these days, I'm hoping our QLD and Victorian members can make it too. Would anyone be interested in this meetup? Liam

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in if I can make it. I ask that we please not make it until after last weekend in March because I have to work every weekend until then :-( I could however maybe do a March Sunday but it would depend. I would greatly apreciate it if you could fit in with my dates because I'd love to come. As much as I hate what the place has become I definately want to go one last time... Please Flea or Richard get in touch with me with any date your thinking of so we can try and work something out...

Joz, Richard and I have agreed on a date.. Sunday, March 7th The official day of the meet will be March 7th, but Joz and I will be attending on both days of the weekend - so feel free to come along on both days also. The meet will go ahead rain, hail or shine. If this date is a problem for anyone, please contact me via MSN or AIM. Thanks, Liam

Well at this stage I'm supposed to be working but Im thinking that I'll try and ditch it :-) My guess we'll probably meet something like 9:45 outside the main gate...wat do we all think?? ...unfortunately I don't think anywhere in Syd has $20 Corona buckets though Joz :-p Cheers Clint *had a good one at Jupiters tonight* Dulieu

I dont think ill be able to go, Partly because my parents wouldnt let me go to Sydney alone, Partly because of money, Partly because of accommadation, Partly because our family just went up to sydney last year. Oh well, Hope you guys have fun, take lots of photos of everyone together at the meet. Wish I could go though and have a fun day out and meet other enthusiasts. Edit: nope, definitely cant come, Im working.

i definately cant make it but i will be taking hundreds of photos and ill be videoing on the demon, bush beast, space probe, my camera is reall small, so its barely noticeable. plus still shots with a cyber shot so thats about the length of a 10 cm ruler well gtg ciao hope you have your last fun, it will be the last you ride, the demon, the space probe, the bush beast, the river rampage, in one of australia's renowned theme park wonderland sydney, i bid a strong farewell, and i hope in the near future sydney may receive a new theme park of excellence, looks like there really wont be a wonderland gallery here ay richard, i think you should do like a memorial page full of hitory ad rides, i would be interestng and great. plus there are very few pictures of old rides and wonderland when it opened in 1985, it would be good to see something like that, what do you think richard? HEY EVERYONE THIS IS A WEBSITE I FOUND IT CASES PHOTOS FROM WONDERLAND SYDNEY WHEN IKT OPENED WITH THE LASERS ON THE SPACE PROBE, VERY INTERESTING.. www.oraclelaser.com/ wonderland.htm

It's great to see so many people eager to meet up at the park. Those that are coming in from a long way, I'd recommend the Rooty Hill RSL's Holiday Inn. I've stayed there twice before, it's pretty decent and I believe the closest hotel to the park. Being in the RSL complex, you've also got easy access to pokies and Keno. :) Total Thrills' Wonderland Farewell Attendees: Flea coasterfreak (2) willsy (?) DJKostya muke Andy_q69 joz stdragon03 (2) screammachine (3) djrappa Richard Jaggie mx5_boy (5) This is the list so far. Please let me know if I've missed you out. If you've got a (?) beside your name, it'd be great if before then you could give us a definite yes/no. If you're not on the list but would like to come, let us know, or just rock up on the day, though it would be good to let us know so that we don't leave anyone behind. If you want to bring more people (which is fine), also let us know how many are coming. Just post in this thread if you want to be added to the list, confirm or just have questions about it. :) It's gonna be great! We'll have to do this every time a park closes. ;)