Longest wait times for rides?

POP

Just wondering what's the longest you ever waited for a ride in one of Aussie theme parks. I remember going to Dreamworld for one of their one off nights in 2003 and I waited 2 hours for Tower of Terror. And I only got to go on the Wipeout and that was the end of the night.

^ Congrats on 100 posts! 2 hours is seriously insane to wait for a ride but sometimes if the atmosphere is right (and if its night it really helps) and you're there with friends I think you notice it less. I certainly couldnt wait 2 hours in line with my family for a line :eek: haha. By the way guys, what's the shortest time you've ever waited for a *major* rollercoaster? I think 2 mins was the shortest for the Lethal Weapon and that was the last time I was there.

By the way guys, what's the shortest time you've ever waited for a *major* rollercoaster? I think 2 mins was the shortest for the Lethal Weapon and that was the last time I was there.

1 second for the Tower Of Terror. The park wasn't open yet as I had early entry because I purchased the ticket through the NRMA. Well it shouldn't even be 1 second as I walked right on. Another one was Revenge Of The Mummy at USH, it was offpeak season at the park and every single attraction was walk on. So I got straight on it. As well as Jurassic Park the ride.

1 second for the Tower Of Terror. The park wasn't open yet as I had early entry because I purchased the ticket through the NRMA. Well it shouldn't even be 1 second as I walked right on. Another one was Revenge Of The Mummy at USH, it was offpeak season at the park and every single attraction was walk on. So I got straight on it. As well as Jurassic Park the ride.

Nice going for TOT! I've never really been to a park when its been quiet but that's because I always seem to go on weekends. I remember though I went to Dreamworld on Easter Sunday with my german exchange student (who by the way spent all day vomiting up easter eggs after going on one of the spinny rides haha) fully expecting it to be really busy and it was surprisingly not. Longest wait time was about 15 mins. Was strange to me because it was sunny as well, actually PERFECT weather.

Nice going for TOT! I've never really been to a park when its been quiet but that's because I always seem to go on weekends. I remember though I went to Dreamworld on Easter Sunday with my german exchange student (who by the way spent all day vomiting up easter eggs after going on one of the spinny rides haha) fully expecting it to be really busy and it was surprisingly not. Longest wait time was about 15 mins. Was strange to me because it was sunny as well, actually PERFECT weather.

If you don't have an annual pass the best way to get into dreamworld is via buy tickets via the NRMA, I think QLD's version has the same deal but I am not sure. As you get early entry to select attractions in the park. You enter via the park exit. Edited by Cruiseshipfan

By the way guys, what's the shortest time you've ever waited for a *major* rollercoaster? I think 2 mins was the shortest for the Lethal Weapon and that was the last time I was there.

2 mins for superman. We walked into the queue just as it broke down and everyone bailed and we just walked to the front of the line and they reset the ride and we were on

Just wondering what's the longest you ever waited for a ride in one of Aussie theme parks.

You know there's an app for that (in another thread.) Me personally would be three and a half hours for a ride on The Giant Drop. Why we did it, buggers me. This was back in the day where the ride was popular and they had all those amazing but totally useless, sticky, gum-covered buttons in the main holding area and there was no canopy between there and that big fibreglass pipe switchback.

I think another good question would be... What is the longest you would be willing to wait for any particular ride and what circumstances would increase the time you are willing to wait?

Well, i've been waiting for a few years now for the Eureka Mine RIde, and the circumstances being, well, it's closed. Thank god for Q4U though, i'd hate to be standing in line for that long.

Wow, you were there on opening day? That must've been pretty exciting!!

I remember we got there early and the estimated wait time for our spot in the line was 1.5hrs, but it turned into 4 with a breakdown and 2 or 3 rain showers. Not bad wait for opening day on the fastest tallest ride in the world!! Considering the back of the line was a 'estimated' time of 6hr and the line stretched past the merry-go-round and back near the wipe-out

I waited 3 HOURS to get on X (the original) and then the next visit another 2 HOURS, but you don't travel to the other side of the world and then pass up on a one of a kind ride. Other than that probably 80 minutes to ride splash mountain on one visit.

I think the longest I've waited was however long it was to get on TOT2...In excess of an hour. The longest I've waited anywhere however, was 1:40 hours to get on the Finding Nemo Subs at Disneyland, 4 days after they opened.

I longest wait I have ever seen was when startours reopened this year. I think it was around 3 hours wait. I returned to the ride at 5 to midnight and was told if you line up before 12 they don’t kick you out, till you have been on. I got out of Disneyland at 2.30am. (Oh yes Startours sucked) Edited by skeetafly