This makes me sad

Reanimated35

Wow. Just Wow.... That park looks like with a lot of money and TLC something could come out of that.... Bummer i read the comments.... But 2 "Graffiti Quotes" really stuck to me , one being: "Every road goes somewhere" on photo 18. And "A million dollars could be had if you could only(?) imagine" on photo 39.

A B&M Batman clone would be great at Dreamworld, better than buzzcut! What will be interesting is to see if Southern Star Amusement actually go through with their plans of reopening the park. Six Flags looks to have just collected some insurance money, taken two coasters and other minor salvageable things and left.

Should just dismantle everythink and bring it to Australia :)

It is "everything" not "everythink", everythink isn't even a word. From what I understand Six Flags left everything else there as it had too much damage caused by the sea water to warrant salvaging. So yeah, it would be great for an Australian park to use as expensive scenery and guests to wonder why they can ride it! Edited by pin142

A B&M Batman clone would be great at Dreamworld, better than buzzcut! What will be interesting is to see if Southern Star Amusement actually go through with their plans of reopening the park. Six Flags looks to have just collected some insurance money, taken two coasters and other minor salvageable things and left. It is "everything" not "everythink", everythink isn't even a word. From what I understand Six Flags left everything else there as it had too much damage caused by the sea water to warrant salvaging. So yeah, it would be great for an Australian park to use as expensive scenery and guests to wonder why they can ride it!

Well with a bit of paint the most of the roller coasters look like they are in perfect shape and only the trains and mechanics would need to be replaced as the track looks fine.

From what I've seen and heard of Southern Star Amusement, let's just say that SFNO is dead and gone forever. Besides, no company in their mind would rebuild on that land its an accident waiting to happen. Not to mention SFNO was one of the LEAST attended large scale amusement parks (attendance barely 500 000 in a year) in America and was losing money prior to Katrina. Now that there are even less people living in NO, no one is going to touch this with a ten foot pole. As for the amusements, the salvageable ones have already been salvaged and the rest are only good for scrap metal.

Who was the stupid engineer who agreed to build on that land surely they could of seen something like this happening.

Well you see the city is protected by flood levee's that are supposed to keep the water OUT in the event of a Hurricane, but since Katrina was a category 6 and caused unprecedented damage, the levee's were destroyed and in came the water. If the levee's hadn't of broken, the park would have flooded somewhat but the water would have quickly subsided. But in this instance the water lingered for months and all of the rides electronics were completely destroyed. So I daresay the people who build "Jazzland" (original name before Six Flags took over in 2002) never saw this coming as they thought they were protected.

A B&M Batman clone would be great at Dreamworld, better than buzzcut! What will be interesting is to see if Southern Star Amusement actually go through with their plans of reopening the park. Six Flags looks to have just collected some insurance money, taken two coasters and other minor salvageable things and left. It is "everything" not "everythink", everythink isn't even a word. From what I understand Six Flags left everything else there as it had too much damage caused by the sea water to warrant salvaging. So yeah, it would be great for an Australian park to use as expensive scenery and guests to wonder why they can ride it!

I would have thought a lot of the rest could be sold as souvenirs to get a bit of cash back

Well with a bit of paint the most of the roller coasters look like they are in perfect shape and only the trains and mechanics would need to be replaced as the track looks fine.

Surely rust would be an issue now though. SFNO: Still Fu--ed, Not Opening Edited by reanimated35

It's not the tracks that is the main issue, it's the electronics and the huge cost that would be associated with restoring them (we're talking millions per coaster). The coasters have already been written off anyway and only one was salvaged (Batman: The Ride) and put into SF: Texas.

^ That is true but 2nd hand rides are notoriously hard to sell, now add in the fact that the electronics are completely destroyed and you've got a lost cause. I mean the vekoma boomerang from Wonderland only sold for $2 million and that was fully operational. It would cost probably that just to restore the electronics and do up the ride again. Even then you're not guaranteed.