At last vindication !

Ex Operator

Using my former username ( Wonderland Operator) i broke the news that Wonderland may be closing now it seems that it has been confirmed. for those that were my friends good luck .For those that were trying to id me my name is Richard and i was a ride operator and union delegate at Wonderland. My info for the park close came from The parent company listing wonderland as a land development asset 2yrs ago,Furthermore for a supposedly ailing park the company has been posting a healthy profit. For Wonderland management i ask why were you hiring two weeks ago and telling applicants that the park was not closing? Another noted sign was a construction deal with australand also owned by the same parent company, people chose to disbelieve me NOW im vidicated.

Hey Richard S, I know exactly who you are because I used to work with you. Was it 6 kids you had? Anyway where did you state that Wonderland was closing? I had a look through your previous posts and was unable to see that statement, if you did say it it wasn't through any inside knowledge that no one knew about, it's like me saying the local takeaway will be closing and then in 10 years time saying "see I told you so". As for job applicants not being told that the park was closing there is a very good reason for this NOBODY KNEW! I can tell you for a fact that not even the department managers knew about this until about 3pm yesterday. Everybody except probably the divisional managers had absolutely no idea this was going to happen, except for all the rumours that were going around and I can tell you that there were around 20 different one floating around. So don't come here saying "Told you so" when you had absolutely no idea what was going on. "The Bus is now leaving for Bull Knob, South Australia"

The decision to close the park completely would not have been made overnight. But typical wonderland management had to keep everyone hanging on by the thread. It was wrong for management not to say what the meeting was about and it was wrong about hiring people. I made some many good mates at wonderland, and for those some mates I wish them all the best. For those others and management Ive got no respect. If you are reading this , you will know who you are? Maybe Richard did tell us so, so what? but he does have a freedom of speech like everyone else.

If you knew me so well then you should remember discussions about Wonderlands closure with me at Wonderland while at lunch or on rides that were 2 person op as for other times it was posted in this forum by me 12months ago. As union delegate i was privvy to information that i tried to pass on and nobody wanted to hear but i tried to pass it on anyway. So yes , i now have my vindication And yes you got the right Richard. Who are you?

As union delegate i was privvy to information
Yeah right as if being a union delegate would make any difference to the information you had, as a union delegate you would be the last person Wonderland management would give that information too and don't say that your information came from another source because no one else would of known. I would put a large amount of money on a bet that the decision was not made 12 months ago, 3 months I would believe but not 12. "The Bus is now leaving for Union Jack Spur, Victoria"

Ex OP. Fair enough you did say that the park was closing, but if memory serves, you told us that the park would close on X-Mas of 2002. This comes a full year and a bit later, just off a little with the timing. I guess that the park tried to give it another year to see what happened? But I have to admit that you were the first to say that the park was closing and we all said that you were wrong. Well I have to say it in all fairness, YOU WERE RIGHT. At least I will say it. Have fun a Luna Park now guys, and I will be thinking about you all as I visit my local parks on the Gold Coast... :)

scream machine - yes i was the crazy train driver among some of the rides i operated Wonderland management didnt give me the information , after seeing a large number of managment leave i notified union head office whom done some research into how the company was structured for me. Using this information i checked with the Malaysian office of Sunway and discovered that they didnt buy Wonderland for the theme park it was a land asset only and a deal had been signed with Australand to develop the site.Blacktown council was also a help with a model for a freeway link(being constructed now) that runs thru Snowy river rampage to link M4 to freeway link rd that crosses M4 being displayed back in Mid 2002.Just before i quit my job at Wonderland i was at a meeting where Steve Gailbraith informed staff that part of the land had been sold. Using the total of the info i estimated an unoficial closing date of Feb 2003 this date came and went and people assumed i was full of BS Well now you know !! PS. Thanx Thunder001 for verifying my other posts that dont seem to be here anymore

The thread where you discussed Wonderland's closure was here - no posts have been ever deleted, modified or moved unless they were spam or somehow offensive. I just looked through all the deleted posts and none of them have your name on them, so you haven't been bad either. Remember that most of that discussion took place at ThemeParkInsider, before shifting over here. The way I see it, you told us that the park was closing, gave us a date. It didn't happen, so you can't really blame people for jumping all over you - in fact you can really expect it.