Did there use to be a toboggan ride near Brisbane?

Ride_me

I have vauge recolections of going on a toboggan ride when I was a toddler. From what I remember it was very similar to the one at toboggan hill park NSW, however, I'm sure it was somewhere not too far from Brisbane. Could have been out West, or Sunny/Gold coast? Any Ideas?

^ They used to have a Toboggan type ride call The Luge. You sat in carts and went down the hill raceway. Was a LOT of fun and used to be the main reason people went to Aussie World at all. But I think it was quite dangerous and had insurance issues. If you rode the chair swing/ferris wheel you would've seen the track up to the back of the park. I don't think Go Karts are a good idea though since the Big Kart Track down the road would be too hard to beat (I love that place :D)

yeah I saw the track, looks like it would have been fun. Perhaps, if it were such a drawcard when it was open, they should look into fixing it up into something similar. If not I agree with other statements made about needing something aimed at teenagers.

< Didn't you get the answer here? Or is there another one? I'm confused

Sorry, different one all together - the AW one just reminded me about it. I don't know much about this Luge ride but from what I could see of the left over track looked to be more like a go-kart thing not a toboggan ride?

It was at the Samford grass ski park ,originally constructed in 1985.

Ah-huh! I knew I wasn't going crazy! Thanks Gazza!