Anyone been to Adventure Parc?

Ride_me

Just wondering if anyone has been to either of the Adventure Parcs (Mount Tamborine - Thunderbird Park/currumbin, Green Challenge)? If so do you recommend it? Is it worth the $$? How long do the courses take? Is the flying fox any good? Also is there much else to do at Thunderbird Park aside from the high rope courses? Cheers!

Edited by Ride_me

T'bird park also has the thunder egg mine and horse riding, and a nice restaurant \ function centre and camp ground. I've been to tambourine only, and i'd recommend it (and this was before their refurb at the end of last year - haven't been since. if you're into that sort of thing, it's well worth it... allow a whole day, and don't try to do it back to back... take plenty of water etc.

I have been to both (both being Adventure Parc at Mt. Tambourine and Green Challenge at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, the newest of the two). Currumbin has 65 challenges over four separate courses (beginners’ course, two intermediate courses and the Extreme Green Challenge), whereas Tambourine has 83 challenges over five separate courses. I prefer the one at currumbin because you get admission to the park with it (it may be $10 extra but that was a while ago), but my favourite challenge is the harness free challenge at Tambourine so it is a tough choice for me. The flying foxes are great! There are multiple at both locations... Well worth the dollars.... I believe it took me 2 hours my last time but I was trying to beat my PB haha They are heaps of fun and a great way to spend a day. Hope this helps :)

Thanks guys, It sounds like fun. Will prob try it out in the next few weeks. So with the easy/middle/hard course, do you just get to choose one course or you can do a couple in one day? Yeah they have a pass now for like $60 or something and that gets you into both adventure parcs (tamborine and currumbin) and also gives you access to currumbin itself too. Cheers!

I do know that they generally require you to do the beginner's course first - i think it's more of a habit forming exercise - get you used to "clip on, clip off, clip on". Because the beginner's course is close to the ground, if you screw up you aren't falling far, and the staff can keep a closer eye on you to make sure you're doing it right... after that you're pretty well right to go on whichever one you like.