White Christmas 2011

jimmyonparkz

As Halloween has passed, Christmas is slowly strolling along... Which means, White Christmas! Movie World’s White Christmas events will feature loads of family entertainment including a spectacular display of one million fairy lights in the park’s expansive Main Street. Catch up with your favourite Looney Tunes Characters in a fun filled ‘Kwazy Christmas’ live show which is sure to entertain the little ones. There will be Christmas Carollers strolling the park, a special Polar Express 4-D experience in the Roxy Theatre and of course Santa Claus will be there as well. The highlight of the nights will be a dazzling evening Christmas Parade full of colour and light, all under a glistening white snowy sky. SUPERMAN ESCAPE, LETHAL WEAPON, BATWING SPACESHOT, ROAD RUNNER ROLLER COASTER, GREEN LANTERN COASTER (subject to attraction opening date) and Kids' WB Fun Zone will operate from 5.30pm – 8.30pm only. 10-18 December Tickets are not yet on sale http://movieworld.my...s/Whats-On.aspx post-29065-0-55574600-1320273499_thumb.p post-29065-0-08747400-1320274559_thumb.p post-29065-0-53455200-1320274672_thumb.p post-29065-0-39205100-1320274734_thumb.p Bookings available to VIP Gold & Local's Summer Pass now https://myfun.com.au...-christmas.aspx

Edited by jimmyonparkz

Last years was a sell out, why would they change it? From reading the above it seems like the biggest change is taking out the 'ice' skating which blocked up most of the plaza, and adding a new show. While I'm sure there will be other improvements, realistically given how successful it was last year I see little reason why they'd drastically change it.

which are conveniently commencing the first day of QLD school holidays... NSW will miss out however as their holidays don't start until the 20th. I've booked the 15th, in the hope that a thursday won't be as busy, and also that its more likely that we'll see Green Lantern open by then.

I'd have thought that too... perhaps the dates available to VIP gold aren't the full dates... and that's why they're available to gold now, without releasing to the public? perhaps they couldn't get the necessary equipment \ contractors for those dates? perhaps the lighting guy is going away for christmas and they need him to bump out before he goes? Maybe they want to have the park back to 'normal' before the major interstate crowds hit?

• 3 weeks later...

All VIP pass holders may get an email this morning which states: "All VIP Pass holders can celebrate a 'White Christmas' at Warner Bros. Movie World this December when your favourite theme park transforms into a winter wonderland, featuring an amazing array of family entertainment over nine magical nights for only $9.99." Only $10!!! I guess this event will be overfilled!

The main point of the Gold VIP was the free entries to these two events (disregarding the SMALL perks they give you in comparison to the normal VIP). So, we were meant to be saving '$39.99', but now that the VIP Pass Holders save '$29.99', it means Gold Holders really only saved $10.

True. obviously, they were getting concerned over a lack of numbers, but in reality, devaluing their premium product just serves to piss off those people who bought it. Next time they offer a premium product, people will be less likely to buy as they will wait to see if the park prostitutes it's product when they get close to deadline. The events were an absolute sellout last year, but the overcrowding mainly came from the 'free' VIP entries. I'm not sure if they've overestimated it's worth. When you are comparing the values of the two though, just remember that Hallowe'en didn't offer cheaper entry to standard VIP, whereas Gold VIP did get in free...

Having just been to the 'corporate christmas party' version of white christmas, let me say the crew have done an incredible job. Kudos to the guys who rigged the lights on the buildings - better than last year, and overall just a great atmosphere (perhaps a little more snow would have been great). I took a few photos - but i will get to them when i'm sober.

As promised - i didn't have my good camera, only a little point and shoot - so i had to pick spots where i could rest it against a solid object to get a good shot without a flash... I left the Christmas Tree and front entrance too late - they'd already turned most of the lights off by then. There is certainly more lights we couldn't see - WB kids had lights down the bottom end as well that we couldn't see from Main Street. We did buy a couple of the 'pro' photos from the park photographers, but their equipment didn't bring out the right colours - made everything we were wearing look black and white... post-152-0-28182300-1322951550_thumb.jpgpost-152-0-86639200-1322951705_thumb.jpgpost-152-0-35752600-1322951788_thumb.jpgpost-152-0-40677500-1322951858_thumb.jpgpost-152-0-05803500-1322951908_thumb.jpgpost-152-0-35647000-1322951980_thumb.jpgpost-152-0-55349400-1322952050_thumb.jpgpost-152-0-11147700-1322952128_thumb.jpg I did notice that night that green lantern had the station house built, but couldn't get close enough for a photo in the pitch black - thankfully the latest GL video shows it in daylight...

Edited by AlexB

My thoughts on White Christmas. The rides, great. No lines (due to most of the crowd having small children) and rides which could were running 2 trains (Superman Escape & Road Runner). All rides were a less than 5 minute wait, EXCEPT Scooby (which was a 20 minute wait). The light were amazing - I wanted to take them home and set them up at my house! :P There were a couple of let downs though. The first, not so major, was the ice skating. I didn't end up doing it, but it was waxed ground you can skate on with blunt skates for 15 minutes for $10. But, it was fun to watch both kids and adults fall over. The second let down was the parade (sort of). It was good at some parts, but it wasn't the big finale to the night I was expecting. Whilst I didn't mind the girls in short skirts, seriously, it's a family night, there should have been elves and what-not instead. The parade was small, and it was hard to see if you don't have a pram and can't ram the crowd and you are short. Overall, I'd give the night probably an 8/10 due to the fact that there were amazing lights (which freaked me out when they all came on at once) and night-rides on Superman with no line. If you're on the edge of going or not, you should go.