Inside Today:the Bat, the Bunny & The Bermuda Triangle

MickeyD

For a Batman replacement, I'd like to see a full version of the original. As in, instead of being in a simulator, you travel along a course with "guns" and shoot the bad guys. I cant really think of a good replacement for LTRR, so I'd like to see an expansion of the Looney Tunes area as someone else said, with some exciting new family flat rides.

Who knows, I certainly dont, and it has been over 20 years and a lot of suppliers have come and gone in that time. It's actually an interesting space as most of it has the concrete water trough through it which could be used to contain the conveyance infrastructure of a dry dark ride.

Edited by djrappa

Would you mention WBMW as a client if the last thing you did for them was 20 years ago? Not exactly something you want people to reference when considering buying your product... 'hmmm..... their product looks outdated, rundown, and in need of refurbishment... I don't want to buy their product.

Would you mention WBMW as a client if the last thing you did for them was 20 years ago? Not exactly something you want people to reference when considering buying your product... 'hmmm..... their product looks outdated, rundown, and in need of refurbishment... I don't want to buy their product.

Well they do mention other rides on their website, some of which are far more rundown and out of date than Looney Tunes was. Im not saying Sally didn't do it - but I've never read or seen anything that says they did

Perhaps not but the racks in the control room are a bit of a giveaway

Oh how I'd love to see the control room. In fact I'd love to see any of the behind the scenes parts of that ride. If that's the case that Sally did work on the river ride, I'd love to see them invited back to do some more work at the park (if the rumours are true) - they do some really good stuff

Oh how I'd love to see the control room. In fact I'd love to see any of the behind the scenes parts of that ride. If that's the case that Sally did work on the river ride, I'd love to see them invited back to do some more work at the park (if the rumours are true) - they do some really good stuff

mate me too - i love the behind the scenes videos of Disney rides especially the Disney HM back in '69 when it was first opened with the racks of record-player lookalikes that ran the animatronics - they were much like CDs - either there was a groove in the record which made the animatronic move or there was no groove which meant it just stood there. Fascinating. Even the programming mechanisms are fantastic - using a fullbody motion harness to program a robot lookalike of Abe Lincoln for 'Great Moments with Mr Lincoln' which later became the Hall of Presidents. I really wish someone would post pictures or video of the LTRR control room with all the racks of equipment that ran the animatronics of Bugs Bunny and Co.

Not so much a 'record player' but a similar idea on a turntable, where the spinning disc isn't circular, but cut in odd places and in odd shapes to trigger a small or large motion of the animatronic. There is a youtube video around somewhere that shows one of the imagineers cutting, sanding and otherwise altering one of these discs to achieve the correct motion... but i can't be arsed finding it.

To be honest modern control systems aren't going to look anywhere near as exciting. Pretty much any ride control system, or show, or whatever is just going to look like your average IT server room as everything is digital and either running on PCs or dedicated controls in racks. Not much to see really.