Jaws at Universal Orlando closing

Universal Studios Florida to close 'Jaws' ride Copyright 2011 . All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. ORLANDO, Florida -- Universal Studios Florida plans to close one of its oldest and most popular attractions next month to make way for a new attraction. The theme park announced on Facebook on Friday that on Jan. 2 it will permanently shut down its "Jaws" ride, which is based on the blockbuster 1975 Steven Spielberg movie. It was one of the original features at the park when it opened in 1990. The surrounding "Amity" area inspired by the island where the movie was set will also close down to make room for a new attraction. The park isn't releasing any details about what's next. Other original features that have been closed since the park began include the "King Kong" ride and a "Ghostbusters" themed stage show Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/02/4095932/universal-studios-florida-to-close.html#ixzz1fQgo9E4M

Would love to see a "Transformers" inspired land built now!

It will not be potter or transformers. It has been announced that it is not the possible location for transformers ride. Potter would be the worst spot to build it. Plus those Americans need to get over losing a ride. At least they get a replacement. As well as complaining about 6 major rides, plus decent minor rides. Try 4 when their all working working.

I will do my best. No guarantees that I will be able to find it again.

I found something. Was this it? If it was, I wouldn't really call this an announcement.

I asked Thierry Coup of Universal Creative if Transformers would come to Orlando, and said no - it's too similar to the Spider-Man experience (though I think it's better). I also asked him what was next in Orlando - before I knew about the Spider-Man Jaws closure - and he totally evaded the question.

http://www.themepark...me/201112/2773/

Screamscape is thinking the London side of Potter (Diagon Alley etc). http://www.screamsca...ida.htm#Potter2

If this was to happen, I wonder if the rumours about Universal Studios Hollywood are true.

• 2 weeks later...