Aussie World seeking new $1 million ride! (& building a playground!)

POP

Aussie World is currently building an authentic Australian play area, expected to open in February. It is also seeking another $1 million ride to open next year, and is working with Main Roads on improving local roads.

Sunshine Coast Destination CEO Steve Cooper called the ride a "true investment in our future".

"You're pushing us to where we need to go," he told Mr Thompson.

"If we don't work together, we will never realise the potential of the region."

http://www.sunshinec...ide-the-plunge/ Looks like the investments are paying off. This is GREAT news and it looks like Aussie World has finally found a place in the market. Edited by POP

Another article quotes the General Manager David Thompson as saying the following:

“These three new rides complete an expansion project that has cost more than two million dollars and has reinforced Aussie World as a major player in the tourism industry on the Sunshine Coast,” he said. “This year, due to the park expansion, we have seen record numbers coming through our gates proving that Aussie World has an exceptional product and we will continue to remain affordable and offer extraordinary value for money.”

Well done AW a few more high thrill rides and a brand tie in and could easily compete with the parks down south. The plunge looks awesome, as for new ride perhaps a top spin style of ride? As long as it isn't one of those " Ali Baba " rides, they cant really go wrong IMO. Edit: Altough I would love to see a new coaster built I don't really know what they could get for 1 million :/

Edited by www worker

The plunge looks awesome, as for new ride perhaps a top spin style of ride? As long as it isn't one of those " Ali Baba " rides, they cant really go wrong IMO.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/282937216/big_roller_coaster.html Only slightly over their budget. :P "tremendous size and cutting edge technology" "enhanced metal support" "lightning speed" "excellent safety mechanisms" Or perhaps they'd like to order a roller coaster 'by the ton'. http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/334948814/Steel_Structure_Roller_coaster.html

They're mostly Asian businesses who sell knock offs for cheap. For example, something that looks like an iPod Nano 4th gen, but the wheel doesn't scroll, it is slightly thicker and runs on a crap operating system. But they are only $15 each. Some of the businesses, though, don't even ship the item once paid for (e.g. probably the roller coaster sellers).

They're mostly Asian businesses who sell knock offs for cheap. For example, something that looks like an iPod Nano 4th gen, but the wheel doesn't scroll, it is slightly thicker and runs on a crap operating system. But they are only $15 each. Some of the businesses, though, don't even ship the item once paid for (e.g. probably the roller coaster sellers).

Lol, I'm surprised they're even allowed to operate. Knowing Aussie World the ride will probably be second hand, but they've shown time and time again they can make old rides good so I'm not fussed. It's just a shame AW wasnt in the financial position they're in now to buy some of Wonderland's rides when they closed. The Demon sold for 1.7$ million and would've been a great addition for AW.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/282937216/big_roller_coaster.html Only slightly over their budget. :P "tremendous size and cutting edge technology" "enhanced metal support" "lightning speed" "excellent safety mechanisms" Or perhaps they'd like to order a roller coaster 'by the ton'. http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/334948814/Steel_Structure_Roller_coaster.html

Oh hahahhahaha that looks cheap as I may have to buy a ton.... But I what I ment by " Ali Baba " are the ones you see at the Ekka and shows the cheap knock off of the old Ali Baba ride haha. Edited by www worker

Lol, I'm surprised they're even allowed to operate. Knowing Aussie World the ride will probably be second hand, but they've shown time and time again they can make old rides good so I'm not fussed. It's just a shame AW wasnt in the financial position they're in now to buy some of Wonderland's rides when they closed. The Demon sold for 1.7$ million and would've been a great addition for AW.

I agree. It is a lasting shame that more of Wonderland's rides could not have stayed in Australia- Aussie World could have had a field day if they were in the market now!! Another smallish coaster would be a great addition to Aussie Worlds line up-maybe a model from Zamperla or Maurer Sohne perhaps?

New interview with the Noosa News

Steve: What does the future hold for Aussie World?

[

David: Aussie World is bigger, better and brighter and will continue to grow. Bring along a sense of humour and take time out with your friends and family to have a fun day at Aussie World. Even before these three new rides were built, we had a vision for what's next. But you'll have to wait and see because it's going to be big.

Edited by POP

I totally agree. Would have been great to watch the Demon now still with the same theme and everything. Even a ride operator dressed as the Demon on Halloween.

I totally agree. Would have been great to watch the Demon now still with the same theme and everything. Even a ride operator dressed as the Demon on Halloween.

Tbh I think they would re-theme it and I saw what you wrote in the other thread about the Ghost Train and whilst I would've agreed with you a couple of months back, I don't think Halloween themed rides would fit in well since ...Halloween isn't very Australian lol. They could do a ride based on the movie Wolf Creek though...haha