Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

The signs around the place aren't supposed to say Shock Treatment, because the theming of the actual ride is of Joker taking over the Asylum and wreaking havoc, Intensive Treatment is supposed to be a sector of the Asylum where patients get treated, and funhouse is just a spin on the asylum belonging to Joker. It would make no sense to put up signs saying "Arkham Asylum - Shock Therapy"... why would the Joker or his crew do that? The most sensible place to put any reference to Shock Therapy is in the ride station itself, something like "welcome to Jokers Shock Therapy" and maybe a reference to it in the queue audio.

Edited by Linus1995

I wonder if they will ever do anything with the existing theatre building and that big open plaza? Seems such a black spot of wasted space..... Heres hoping maybe one day we will see another flat ride in this space to fill this in and complete Arkham Asylum. Looks like a really well thought out solution for updating the whole area though. Whats meant by 'First of its kind in the world' on the stats tab of the ride information panel on MovieWorld.com.au? Are these the first of these new Kumbak trains? Are there any current inverted coasters with in board audio? This might be the significant difference over and above just being an inverted train thus warranting the claim? Clever that they create the seat in a series of modules to lighten the train.

^ In addition to that, it is also listed under ride stats, I believe it is the first of these Kumbak trains/restraints Whilst it seems like a waste of space (the old entry) I am certainly happy with the theming in the new que area. MW have that space to install a flat or whatever else they wish.

Edited by One day holiday

I wonder if they will ever do anything with the existing theatre building and that big open plaza? Seems such a black spot of wasted space.....

I agree with that. I just assumed that they'd really capitalise on the theme and use the whole building to create an immersive arkham experience - sort of like the maze that people were suggesting. But, no

got a ride on it today Theme wise it definitely is a step up from Lethal, everything looks right and good detail etc. Like most, i struggle to see the point of the massive outdoor area/movie theatre being not used at all. As an area it has so much potential, and i would have loved to have seen at least a 'walk through' of sorts as an entry point to the ride, with all the various villains visible and audio clips etc. It just seems like a waste unless the park has some other plans. Ride wise - i think the new trains are great, no concussion, i really dont think it is any smoother, there just isnt anything to smash you head against so its not as noticable. Not sure on the green buttons to release the harnesses - guess its a novel idea and if it speeds unloading in the long run then im all for it All up - i think its an improvement on Lethal Weapon as an experience - but i wouldnt be rushing to the park purely based on the re-theme and new train (thankfully i have a VIP pass and live 5 mins away so it wasnt a big deal)

I disagree, having ridden on it today I have to say it is probably the most themed ride at Movie World. The on board audio won't in my opion make it any more "Arkham Asylum" than it is now. As far as I'm concerned The Green Lantern on ride audio does nothing to tie in the theme. The ride was open from around 10:15 - 3:30, with only a few short delays, while I was waiting the train stopped just as was going up the lift-hill and was "stuck" for about 7-8 minutes and the green buttons sometimes were not releasing the restraints and had to be manually opened by the maintenance team. apart from that everything seemed to be running smoothly.

I disagree, having ridden on it today I have to say it is probably the most themed ride at Movie World. The on board audio won't in my opion make it any more "Arkham Asylum" than it is now. As far as I'm concerned The Green Lantern on ride audio does nothing to tie in the theme. The ride was open from around 10:15 - 3:30, with only a few short delays, while I was waiting the train stopped just as was going up the lift-hill and was "stuck" for about 7-8 minutes and the green buttons sometimes were not releasing the restraints and had to be manually opened by the maintenance team. apart from that everything seemed to be running smoothly.

What was the audio like? Misread Edited by kujotess

I think it is a really well themed ride. And unlike others on this forum, I like the courtyard. I think the 'emptiness' feel it has really suits the asylum theme. Maybe that's just me. I think they could put themed shops/food outlets in there, but that would draw away from the emptiness feel. Perhaps they could do like an 'asylum cafeteria' or prison cafeteria style food outlet.

Ok, the line is probably the best themed out of the 3 coasters (superman, GL, and Arkham), I don't see much point in decorating the ride track when you can barely see anything whilst riding anyway (this is where the audio will enhance the experience). The line features Prison cells for Mr. Freeze (with Icecles along the top), two face (just a generic cell), Poison Ivy (has vines growing acrros the door), Killer Croc (has eyes that light up and also has a banging sound as if he is attempting escape, and there is a green tube of liquid (venom formula) for Bane in a large sell. The ride loaders are in orange jumpsuits and the operators in the room are in Arkham Guard suits. The ride exeperience is much smoother and the brakes are now also very smooth.

Edited by rac2703

^^ You could be on the right track, prison food is only marginally better than what is served at MW's Food Outlets :P

Except their churros. I never eat at theme parks as I'm too busy riding the rides. But I always have time for Movieworld's churros.

Very true, it's not finished! So I don't know why everyone is already saying how it's bad themed, half the ride is bare.. They still have alot to do! Judge the ride and theming when it's officially open and you ride it then.

Except almost everything is wallpaper. Half the details such as the prison doors are not that hard or even expensive to make into a 3D model of the door. All they needed was a few strips of wood and a handle/lock, with a bit of paint. At most it would be $50 a door if that (I am taking about the prison cell doors). This image of the entrance to the ride (At least I think its the entrance) looks cheap. The entrance to a ride is where they should put in the most effort as it acts as the first image a person gets of the ride, especially since you can't really see the ride from elsewhere in the park. 523273_258698757556582_101696389923487_518306_135292125_n.jpg It may be partially 3D but it is still mostly 2D and that box at the top just looks stupid. Plus the half the ride that is bare will stay bare. Edited by Cruiseshipfan

Well it is a lot better than what was there before - a blank white iron wall. The queue is a huge improvment - used to be brick walls with Graffiti. The line audio is amuzing with Harley Quinn and Joker reading the safety messages (threatening to steal any designer handbags, glasses ect.) The operators have actual "costumes", not just polo tops with "Lethal Weapon" printed on it.

Edited by rac2703

Seriously? This all sounds so pathetic. It's just 2D wallpapers, WHO CARES! I'm pretty sure mostly everyone who goes to Movie World isn't going to stand there and go.. "Oh my, this rides theming is so bad and unrealistic.. This has ruined my day!" It's not all about theming, it's the ride experience overall, which is great! I came to realize that Movie World has become a really great theme park, Just walking in just shows how fantastic all the scenery is, even small things like the bright green hedges and colourful flowers surrounding. One thing that I loved to see was the characters out a lot! I saw (a) character(s) every time I went down main street, and saw Bugs Bunny 4 times throughout the day. Anyways back to topic, the theming is great, not finished, will get better.. The 2D wallpapers aren't the best but they still look good and much better then the blank white studio walls of the Lethal Weapon. You can see the tower from the front entrance and it looks fantastic! Realistic too, and states the ride very clearly. The theming is good from big to little, like the barb wires and leafy strands running on the walls. You people need to stop complaining about the 2D wallpapers.. This isn't Disneyland, they don't have the money to make every single detail 3D and completely realistic. There wouldn't be much space to fit 3D things on the walls as it'd be too squishy with Superman in its steps anyway. Let's just wait until the ride is finished, appreciate what we get, and stop complaining about unnecessary things in life. Correct me if you will, but I'm just stating what I think is right. Whinging isn't going to do anything.

Edited by kujotess