Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

Reading back through this thread I am a bit confused. Has if been confirmed that LW is being rethemed as a Batman rollercoaster? Also do when have any Idea what is happening to the Batman Ride and its possible replacement? Thanks Guys

No confirmation from MW as yet, but most of us expect that to be the chose new theme for LW. No word on BATR2 replacement as yet

Warner Brothers investment in the next Mad Max is over $100 million dollars, and Mad Max 5 it has been revealed will also be over $$100 million and will be filmed immediately afterwards. Superman Escape was the previous example of WB being aware of a massive initial investment by the film arm of the company in a film due out mid 2006, so as part of the campaign to raise the popularity of the character, they invested in the ride and opened it in 2005 before the film was released the following year. It appears they are taking the same approach with Mad Max, they're going to use the ride to build awareness of the coming films one due early 2013 the other due possibly at the end of the same year.

Edited by colliric

Warner Brothers investment in the next Mad Max is over $100 million dollars, and Mad Max 5 it has been revealed will also be over $$100 million and will be filmed immediately afterwards. Superman Escape was the previous example of WB being aware of a massive initial investment by the film arm of the company in a film due out mid 2006, so as part of the campaign to raise the popularity of the character, they invested in the ride and opened it in 2005 before the film was released the following year. It appears they are taking the same approach with Mad Max, they're going to use the ride to build awareness of the coming films one due early 2013 the other due possibly at the end of the same year.

The differences being that Superman is an established character outside of the movie franchise. People are aware of superman whether or not they have seen the movie. Countless comics, jokes, and other media. Hell Batman and Robin have their own Christmas Carols. I was too young to remember the Mad Max films at release, although I did see several of them years later as part of an 'aussie' study of films. I didn't mind them, but I wasn't really aware of them until my senior years in high school. This is fairly conclusive evidence (in my opinion) that the franchise doesn't appeal to those under 30. Couple that with the fact that the movie won't be in cinemas for at least a year after LW will relaunch, and it's a failure to launch in my opinion. Superman worked because it didn't need to movie to be a popular theme \ franchise - it stood on it's own, and backed that up when the movie was released. Unless the relaunch is delayed to coincide with the theatrical release (IT WON'T!!!!!) then it will fail... For that reason, combined with the fact that the management of VRTP are quite intelligent people who have run theme parks for many years, I can tell you Mad Max isn't even an option. Those who continue to suggest it as a theme are nut jobs who don't deserve their cabbage soup and strait jackets.

You're all very very wrong... Warner Brothers has...

Warner Brothers investment in the next Mad Max...

Also... apart from a sneaking suspicion you two are the same person, with 3 and 5 posts respectively, not to mention the RIChardwilliamCOLLIns and COLLI-RIC names, I just want to point out that 'Warner Brothers' don't own movie world, despite their name on the sign. Village Roadshow bought them out several years ago. Any mods want to check the IP addresses of those two... pretty sure duplicate accounts are frowned upon (I'm also thinking this is another DocBrown \ Spencer stunt... just has his 'style', given his current behaviours... Edited by AlexB

I was too young to remember the Mad Max films at release, although I did see several of them years later as part of an 'aussie' study of films. I didn't mind them, but I wasn't really aware of them until my senior years in high school. This is fairly conclusive evidence (in my opinion) that the franchise doesn't appeal to those under 30. Couple that with the fact that the movie won't be in cinemas for at least a year after LW will relaunch, and it's a failure to launch in my opinion.

Just to support this, I'm 18 and I have no idea what or even who Mad Max is. It would be silly for Movieworld to re-theme it to this franchise when Batman is such a massive, and well known franchise.

Just to support this, I'm 18 and I have no idea what or even who Mad Max is. It would be silly for Movieworld to re-theme it to this franchise when Batman is such a massive, and well known franchise.

Theres no way movie world would replace lethal weapon wit mad max. For starters lethal weapon is so much better than mad max. Plus, movie world is targeted at tourists. Mad max is more known to Aussies. DC is such a solid choice due to its wide appeal longevity.

Perhaps the new ride car will be modeled on the Pursuit Special.... and Gibson will appear in it somewhere(although I suspect they will use Hardy's version of the character)

^ I'm just wondering how one would go about making an inverted coaster train look like a Pursuit Special! Pursuit_Special_Replica.jpg _DSC00772.jpg :unsure: Edited by Gazza

I think making a mad max rollercoaster is a splendid idea, let's make something that nobody knows of into a themed attraction and expect it to make money. Real smart. I think it should be made into an inspector gadget coaster. Dododododo inspector gadget.. DODODODOOO INSPECTORRRRRR Gadget!!! derrnerenererr. That's MOIY thoughts on THAT subject. K gang, drop a comment below on the barstard bar. Says Pete Finn

Edited by Spencer

I think making a mad max rollercoaster is a splendid idea, let's make something that nobody knows of into a themed attraction and expect it to make money. Real smart.

Look at older Disney rides, Splash Mountain, the film that it was filmed on wasn't that big when they made the ride and is almost unheard of today. Also Mr Toads Wild Ride is also another similar event where the film wasn't popular and is hardly heard of today but still brings in crowds.