Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

^ Lethal Weapon was always classified as extreme... It would be interesting if they managed to put lap bars on that maybe come down the side, but I haven't seen this done for any other inverted coaster of any brand so I don't have high hopes. All I ask for is the new Vekoma trains, please.

Thats interesting, what manufacturer made the trains? Vekoma? Am I the only one who thinks lap bars on a full size inverted coaster could be slightly painful? Id still prefer the new Vekoma restraints, they look really comfortable.

In the rcdb link I posted, click the 'facts' tab at the top and that brings up stuff like manufacturer, opening date, height, length, construction cost etc. Edited by Gazza

It says Make / Model: Vekoma / Suspended Family Coaster / Suspended Family Coaster (395m) It's a new(ish) coaster, not a refit, so Vekoma provided trains with the ride, as they normally do: http://www.vekoma.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=10

Edited by Gazza

In general there are only a couple of situations where that happens. -On older steel coasters needing a new lease on life (Sea Viper, Lethal Weapon, Goliath at SF New England etc) -A few wooden coasters, which don't always come from a manufacturer who provides a turnkey product with everything in house. Eg Maummut was built by Horsblau Cordes, but uses Gerstlauer trains. The first few woodies built by GCI and Gravity Group used PTC trains before both manufacturers reverted to their own. Coaster Express at Parque Warner was built by RCCA but uses Intamin trains. The list goes on, though things have settled down a bit and most manufacturers have their own trains, though S&S and Rocky Mountain coasters still persist and use off the shelf trains. As far as I know, all modern steel coaster manufacturers use their own designs.

The LETHAL WEAPON ride is currently closed for refurbishment until early April.

The Movie World website now states that Lethal Weapon is closed until early april. Will they soon change it to closed to make way for a new attraction? http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/Plan-Your-Day/Attraction-Maintenance.aspx Edited by mba2012