Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

I was just doing a bit of research into the world of Arkham City and Arkham Asylum. It's a really fantastic creative concept and quite a scary fantasy. The types of 'criminals' being held in the asylum only add to the atmosphere... villains like Scarecrow, Joker etc. Most of the artwork I have seen that relates to the story (via the game etc.) is very detailed and conveys a strong sense of darkness. My question is - how well do we think Movie World are going to recreate this? It is certainly an ambitious project but this also means they need to pull it off well and spend top dollar on theming for it to work. It doesn't seem like there's much time left to create anything really special BUT then again most of the theming I assume would be pre-built off site, only needing to be installed. What does everyone else think? I have my fingers crossed as usual

A good question GoGoBoy - but as I recall, similar concerns were raised over Green Lantern during construction, right up to the final 2-3 weeks. We have around this time (or a bit longer) until LW is relaunched - so i'd say plenty of time, not to mention that most of the themed elements could be housed inside the building, and could already be on site. The exterior theming (china town?) had work underway several weeks ago. I think if they constructed a facade around the 'soundstage' to reflect an image of the asylum, it would be perfect!

AlexB, peoples concerns about lack of theming for Green Lantern were confirmed. I still think GL is the most sparsely themed of all Movieworld's rides.

I disagree. The theming may not be of Bermuda standard, or BATR back in it's day, but I disagree about it being the most sparsely themed... Batwing certainly takes that title. As for this countdown ^^^ Where is it? I've gone through the MW site and can't find anything...

Or Theme Park Social Network (not my page) https://www.facebook...202746096443643 We get it you guys can make a countdown page ;) On another note I find it very cheeky of Movie World to have this announcement around the same time that The Wiggles are performing at Dreamworld

Edited by One day holiday

Another theme based on DC, four in a row... Superman Escape, Batwing Spaceshot, Green Lantern Coaster and now this, just give it a rest. Movie World has become a joke. -.-

I have to agree its getting old now just need a change from the whole dc theme sure it makes them lots of money with kids bugging there parents to take them to ride the new batman or green lantern ride but I believe there overusing the theme.

See, I think, and I'm sure many others on here do also, that there's not necessarily a problem with many DC rides. Most of the general public probably don't even recognise that they're all DC, and many won't even worry about the theming too much, just want to ride it. DC can also be flexible to different ages, and hopefully this more 'mature' Arkham theme will be pulled off well. I don't think there's anything wrong with having heaps of DC rides.

As a massive DC fan I say bring on the DC themes. As I have said before in this thread DC characters will last forever! I don't think you will see any of the DC rides rethemed like the lethal weapon. Well maybe GL at some point but definitely not bats or supes. DC also allows for really good theming. The only other types of movies that would be as good would be your Harry potters and lord of the rings and they are too expensive when the park can get just a blanket DC liscence. If you don't like DC don't go to that part of the park, and also you should get a CT scan :P

ARKHAM ASYLUM - Shock Therapy 475183_10150620851982182_106147617181_9454688_1889427356_o.jpg This Easter, Warner Bros. Movie World will unleash a terrifying new ride experience straight from your darkest nightmares. Get ready for a high voltage thrill on the world’s first Arkham Asylum themed ride ‘Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy’. After 17 years of thrills and spills, the Lethal Weapon coaster will soon be re-launching as Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy. This crazy new experience will have adrenaline junkies harnessed into the Ivy League of Insanity for the shock of their life. Strap into a brand new train featuring electrifying on board audio and rocket through Arkham Asylum at speeds of up to 85km. Race along in the terrifying new trains and experience awesome upper body freedom like never before. Pull 4.2Gs as you face five stomach-churning inversions on this not to be missed coaster. Only the bravest of patients can enter the Asylum to face one of the most demented criminal minds on the planet, The Joker, as he attempts to infect all of Gotham City with dangerous monsters. With The Joker on the loose, riders will need to beware as the likes of Harley Quinn and Killer Croc could lurk around any corner.

http://movieworld.my...TOP-SECRET.aspx Edited by themeparkgc