Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

Also I ask him if the track layout would be getting a minor change to it as the we heaps of measuring points n the track, he said that they were planing to change the track but they don't have enough time. But said it might be changed latter on.

I was there when the question was asked, and he did indeed say that it was planned, but they did indeed run out of time.

One thing thats unlikely to happen, but not impossible, would be to install magnetic brakes as seen on Battlestar Galactica at Universal Singapore. That would mean a much smoother stop, instead of those horrible block brakes instantly and painfully stopping the train.

One thing thats unlikely to happen, but not impossible, would be to install magnetic brakes as seen on Battlestar Galactica at Universal Singapore. That would mean a much smoother stop, instead of those horrible block brakes instantly and painfully stopping the train.

This has already been done.

What's to say mm wasn't just messing around to spark interest? I'm more than happy to believe it....... once it's issued in an official statement from MW

Why Would MW issue a statement to say they ran out of time... that would just make them look disorganised Edited by HarrisonKohn

I think people might be over reading into things. I'd be perfectly willing to believe that they may have been looking at replacing some track, possibly to fix some transitions, or possibly because it's old and may need to happen eventually anyway, that's certaintly not the most far fetched thing I've heard. I think people might be confused and instead of reading the rumor as 'they were going to replace the track' they seem to be reading; 'they were going to change the layout'.

I think people might be over reading into things. I'd be perfectly willing to believe that they may have been looking at replacing some track, possibly to fix some transitions, or possibly because it's old and may need to happen eventually anyway, that's certaintly not the most far fetched thing I've heard. I think people might be confused and instead of reading the rumor as 'they were going to replace the track' they seem to be reading; 'they were going to change the layout'.

I can believe a re-track, but the way I read it was a change of layout as you said. And there are already magnetic breaks confirmed? That's awesome!

Sooooo.. is there a current set date to open? Or do you think they will just open it whenever (like they did with GL)? Personally I think they would get more people into the park if they set a date to open it. I remember it was packed the first day of TOT II when I went.

I beleive the official opening of the Green Lantern was December 23rd, it didn't just open whenever - (they had a soft openening on the 16th). Arkham Asylum will be much the same I think. I'd say official opening in April 1st (Perfect for a ride with a strong focus on the Joker character opening on April Fools day) with a soft opening a few days prior.

I thought the GL was supposed to open on the 26th? But then opened 3 days earlier..

Maybe, but I'm not sure. I don't remember anything official from Movie World saying Boxing Day, They did however say "Opening this Summer" or "Face the power this Summer", I think we all just assumed that ment Boxing day which is traditionally the day new attractions open.

...As for the warehouse, I think they're just trying to theme the area - The warehouse is the old chinese all-u-can-eat restaurant in china town (facade) and it backs onto Scooby... so Arkham Warehouse, Arkham Fried Chicken, Arkham Asylum... sort of make you feel like you're in the 'arkham district'. Just my opinion.

In regards to the "Arkam Warehouse" as well, if you have played the game on which the ride is to be based, Arkham Asylum is an Island facility made of a number of Buildings - The Mansion, The Penitentiary, The Medical Facility, The Botanical gardens and a number of smaller buildings/sheds - so the warehouse sign definitely fits the theme.

Considering when havent seen testing nor have staff been trained it will not open April 1st.

I think it will. Re the above post, maybe it it supposed to be Arkham City? I think the plot of the 2nd game is that they cordon off a section of the city, and just the loonies roam free, so long as they don't attempt to leave the cordon. Edited by Gazza

I think it will. Re the above post, maybe it it supposed to be Arkham City? I think the plot of the 2nd game is that they cordon off a section of the city, and just the loonies roam free, so long as they don't attempt to leave the cordon.

Yes, but why then would the ride be called "Arkham Asylum - Shock Therapy". Arkham City has nothing to do with the Asylum itself (In terms of location). The tagline "the inmates are running the Asylum" wouldn't make sense if it were arkham city. Besides Movie World has already stated that the ride is to be based on the events in the game - Batman: Arkham Asylum - when Joker took control of the Asylum, which took place one year before before the events Arkham City, and about 6 months before it even existed. Edited by rac2703

. Arkham City has nothing to do with the Asylum itself (In terms of location). The tagline "the inmates are running the Asylum" wouldn't make sense if it were arkham city.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility in a theme park context. There's a tendency for theme parks to mix up time and place in themed areas....I mean how many time points in the HP universe were drawn from to make the Wizarding World of HP?