Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

So at this fan page media thing, were you able get your own pics of the train?

No, photos were prohibited.... 3 Facebook pages attended (no idea how many were invited), no tv/print media. We were given a briefing on the ride, then a tour of the trains in the maintenance bay. No photos were allowed as the trains were not complete at that stage (no shock head thingy/arkham logo) and we were under embargo until the public release at 10AM on that saturday.

Then I may just be screwed.

I dont think they will care about your opinion that much ;) Edited by One day holiday

Lethal has been running for one train for years now with no ridiculous waits, it used to stack with 2 trains anyway which means the second train doesn't really improve capacity much. Sure the ride will be more popular once it re-opens but it's not going to be the must see, hot ticket that has 2 hour waits for a year. Again an overreaction based on something that hasn't even happened yet.

One Day Holiday, since you went to the media event can you tell me if the ride is going to run two train operation?

I went He the maintenance dude said there's only one train at the moment

If memory serves correctly he said "no plans at this stage"

Did dipping dots guy say there was 2? ;) Lol if theres only one train that would suck as the capacity would be awful, but I doubt they would run it with one train as even Roadrunner runs with 2.

RR only runs with two trains during school holidays/peak periods

Lethal has been running for one train for years now with no ridiculous waits, it used to stack with 2 trains anyway which means the second train doesn't really improve capacity much. Sure the ride will be more popular once it re-opens but it's not going to be the must see, hot ticket that has 2 hour waits for a year. Again an overreaction based on something that hasn't even happened yet.

Depending on the popularity of the "new coaster experience" I could see them ordering an additional train for peak periods, with the DC licensing and lack of something to bash your head on I can see Arkham being fairly popular. Edited by One day holiday

I know it wasn't that popular before LW closed, but I have seen peak times with huge lines before it closed and MW have other coasters with more than one train just the peak season. With it being a re-theme I was really hoping of seeing 2 trains, I mean it opened with 2 trains. With the area now being DC and Batman themed and new trains that won't hurt your head, I would think the ride will see a boost of popularity and the ride could take some pressure of other rides like SE. I was hoping that with a good ride op team running it we could avoid stacking, I mean I've seen RR avoid it and it doesn't have a big layout and the American parks seem to have some really fast load times. Oh well, time will tell when it opens, fingers crossed.