Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

Long time no post for me! To take this thread in a slightly different direction, the old theatre from Lethal is not being used for the Arkham Asylum. Does anyone else think there could be room for a flat in there? Could be why the old ramps have been left and the entrance not returned to this area? In my mind, this would round out the area quite well.

I highly doubt it, i think its more a cost factor of removing the concrete ramps. though another flat ride is needed at Movie World. Even just a simple octopus ride :lol: will improve the parks offerings. Theme it to another villian like the poison Ivy boss (also from the game) and your good to go :P97735__batman-arkham-asylum-poison-ivy-boss-fight.jpeg

Edited by rac2703

You people need to stop complaining about the 2D wallpapers.. This isn't Disneyland, they don't have the money to make every single detail 3D and completely realistic.

Sorry but I can't agree with this comment as they've certainly been able to do it in the past. Just look at Wild West Falls, Scooby, Looney Tunes River Ride, Batman (interior), Lethal Weapon (when it first opened). So it CAN be done. They have just CHOSEN not to do it - I believe due to significant theming budget cuts. That's my point

Well actually it cheaper then you think to do those details, its the structure it self that cost the huge bucks. All the need to do is go to bunnings and get some wood.

just out of curiosity Cruiseshipfan, have you actually been on the Arkham Asylum ride yet or seen the themeing in person?

Or seen the price of decent wood at bunnings?

Sorry but I can't agree with this comment as they've certainly been able to do it in the past. Just look at Wild West Falls, Scooby, Looney Tunes River Ride, Batman (interior), Lethal Weapon (when it first opened). So it CAN be done. They have just CHOSEN not to do it - I believe due to significant theming budget cuts. That's my point

Which was all done prior to the GFC, so there was a bit more security in the market. Theming that can last outside to the quality of WWF definately won't come cheap. I'd rather they don't go all out on the theming and just save up something to keep the place running and add rides down the track. Don't forget too that WWF theming is mostly behind a fence where idiots can't get to it. If there was theming around the guests which cost a lot in the first place, after the first week it would be damaged and covered in chewing gum, then everyone would be on here bitching about how the park's let itself go.

Thrillzone Australia's Facebook page seem to be making a big deal about this section of track - is it new or altered? - they state that this is a "special section"

Looks normal to me. Maybe just the face there's a crossover in the track everyone's getting excited again? No idea.

On the guests fiddling with theming - there is a reason why almost all the theming in the queues of: Buzzsaw, Giant Drop and WWf are behind cages. (Giant drop never used to be and look at what happened there). Bored people in queuelines get destructive. If it's plain 'wallpaper' (it's more likely thermal vinyl) it's less likely to get damaged and be expensive to replace. be happy it isn't a blank white wall with a bloody handprint on it...

just out of curiosity Cruiseshipfan, have you actually been on the Arkham Asylum ride yet or seen the themeing in person?

Yes I have actually.

Or seen the price of decent wood at bunnings?

Yes and it is not as expensive, as everyone is making it out to be. Plus I am sure they can get it from other sources for much cheaper.

On the guests fiddling with theming - there is a reason why almost all the theming in the queues of: Buzzsaw, Giant Drop and WWf are behind cages. (Giant drop never used to be and look at what happened there). Bored people in queuelines get destructive. If it's plain 'wallpaper' (it's more likely thermal vinyl) it's less likely to get damaged and be expensive to replace. be happy it isn't a blank white wall with a bloody handprint on it...

That is the reason why many US parks keep the que away from the walls and objects. I just feel strongly that MW is letting itself go. With closing of rides (LTRR) and a massive decrease in theming over the years, as well as letting older rides deteriorate. They used to be my favourite park in Australia but they seem to be dropping the ball. You just need to look at GL and now this. Its got to the point that Dreamworld's last two rides have been better themed than MW last two rides. I would rather have Quality of Quantity and thats what MW has been about, until recently when they are trying go for quantity. That role should be left to Dreamworld. Basically MW should be Australia's Disneyland or universal Studios and Dreamworld should be Australia's Six Flags or Cedar Fair. It basically the role they have had since they opened. Yet MW seem to want to change. Especially considering MW has very little space to work with. Edited by Cruiseshipfan

I would rather have Quality of Quantity and thats what MW has been about, until recently when they are trying go for quantity. That role should be left to Dreamworld. Basically MW should be Australia's Disneyland or universal Studios and Dreamworld should be Australia's Six Flags or Cedar Fair. It basically the role they have had since they opened. Yet MW seem to want to change. Especially considering MW has very little space to work with.

Since when has MW been going for quantity? They added one fucking ride?! And let's compare the non-existant theming of LW to AA. Maybe we should just get the Dippin Dots guy to print some money for the park

Something has gotta be happening with that big blank que out the front of Arkham. Like seriously, if they aren't going to use it, get rid of all the rails making it look like a que and just make it a empty spot with a bit more theming. They really should have a pre show explaining what the hell is happening, because 90% of people don't even know what the hell Arkham Asylum is and who the hell the patients, guards, inmates and voices on the audio effects are. When I rode the ride twice yesterday, all the staff were doing was explaining that Arkham is a game, who the bad and good people are etc etc to confused people.

Edited by kujotess

I just wish some people actually had an idea of how much theming does actually cost. All this 'just go to buntings' crap. Try building something that has to survive the general public for 5-10 years. IT'S NOT CHEAP. God even Halloween mazes that only have to last a handful of nights need a lot more that 'some wood from Bunnings' to survive.

They really should have a pre show explaining what the hell is happening, because 90% of people don't even know what the hell Arkham Asylum is and who the hell the patients, guards, inmates and voices on the audio effects are. When I rode the ride twice yesterday, all the staff were doing was explaining that Arkham is a game, who the bad and good people are etc etc to confused people.

I would also guess that 90% of guests dont care.

They have the small "pre-show" if you could call it that playing on the TV on the guards head, which is a news report xplaining how the Joker has taken control of the Asylum ect. The audio loop explains who the characters are - so if you listen to it you will know what was happening - if you don't your the type of person who probably doesn't care about the theme anyway. and as for the old queue line outside, most of the rails seem to be removed - it's just the ones around the edges and on the actual ramps that remain, obviously for safety reasons

Btch, plz: post-88-0-90788400-1333545708_thumb.jpg post-88-0-61615300-1333546655_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I knew they weren't rails but I thought if I said poles it would sound more stupid. But yeah ramps was what I was going for, just hoping no one would notice..

I would also guess that 90% of guests dont care.

Probably, but it'd fit good with the atmosphere..

They have the small "pre-show" if you could call it that playing on the TV on the guards head, which is a news report xplaining how the Joker has taken control of the Asylum ect. The audio loop explains who the characters are - so if you listen to it you will know what was happening - if you don't your the type of person who probably doesn't care about the theme anyway. and as for the old queue line outside, most of the rails seem to be removed - it's just the ones around the edges and on the actual ramps that remain, obviously for safety reasons

True, didn't get a chance to listen to what he was saying as you were rushed through the que to the ride on the soft opening as they brought small groups in when they were ready.

and as for the old queue line outside, most of the rails seem to be removed - it's just the ones around the edges and on the actual ramps that remain, obviously for safety reasons

Yeah...for safety reasons I agree with leaving the railing. But why not get rid of the concrete ramps for good....and level the area out. Obviously MW still wants to use that theatre for something, and that's why they have left the ramps and the theatre mostly untouched....whether it be for another attraction or corporate events. Or maybe it's just there because they haven't removed it yet? That concrete would not be easy to demolish, and no doubt a costly exercise. Edited by Luke

I haven't seen the themeing or the empty lot in person but it looks as it could be a good place for a show of some sort. E.g batman and joker fighting or something. Maybe that's why they are leaving such a large area bare? From the photos i think the theming looks quite good as well.

BCA Section D for the top one, Australian Standard 1428 for the second. Point is, I already posted before that, that you can't remove the hand rails just because it would look better, because you'd have unprotected edges, from which people could fall, and ramps without handrails. I'll imagine that whole comcrete ramp structure will go when they decide to build something. Remember, the old movie magic queue stayed around, and wasn't demolished till Batwing was built.