Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

The bottom of the tower, viewable from the ride is purple as kujotess said, no idea if it will be themed further. On board audio is being installed presently, some seats now have speakers and on board audio was mentioned in the press release (see below)

MEDIA RELEASE Saturday 7 April 2012 Warner Bros. Movie World Launches Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy! OXENFORD, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA (7 April 2012) – Warner Bros. Movie World on Australia’s Gold Coast, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, today launched Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy, an electrifying new coaster experience. Following some terrifying modifications to the 17-year-old Lethal Weapon coaster, the new ride experience will have thrill seekers harnessed into the Ivy League of Insanity, reaching speeds of up to 85km and pulling 4.2Gs. Village Roadshow Theme Parks Chief Executive Officer Tim Fisher said, “Arkham Asylum’s victims will be begging for mercy as they take on this insane new ride experience, featuring five gut-wrenching inversions and sophisticatedon board audio. Guests will endure a ride experience like no other on the world’s first Arkham Asylum coaster as they are strapped into a brand new innovative train with awesome upper body movement like never before. “Only the bravest of riders will enter the Asylum to face one of the most demented criminal minds on the planet, The Joker, as he attempts to infect all of Gotham City with dangerous monsters,” Fisher added. Guests can get their dose of shock therapy on Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy from today, but beware; only the craziest of patients should dare to enter the realm of extreme insanity. Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy is the first roller coaster ever based on a Batman video game, the hugely popular Batman: Arkham Asylum game from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. With a host of exciting new attractions and shows recently opened, including the new GREEN LANTERN Coaster at Movie World and SpongeBob ParadePants at Sea World, the Local’s VIP Pass is the best way to experience the ultimate theme park fun while getting the best value for money. The Local’s VIP Pass provides unlimited entry to Sea World, Movie World and Wet’n’Wild Water World until 30 June 2012 for the incredible price of just $79.99. ENDS Media Contact: Renee Soutar Village Roadshow Theme Parks Publicity Manager All related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics. (s12) About Warner Bros. Consumer Products Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world. About DC Entertainment DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world. In January 2012, DC Entertainment, in collaboration with Warner Bros. and Time Warner divisions, launched We Can Be Heroes—a giving campaign featuring the iconic Justice League super heroes—to raise awareness and funds to fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa. About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.

The bottom of the tower, viewable from the ride is purple as kujotess said, no idea if it will be themed further. On board audio is being installed presently, some seats now have speakers and on board audio was mentioned in the press release (see below)

Thanks. Glad the audio is progressing. You can see the unfinished parts of the tower and surrounding buildings from the park too though can't you? Or have those bits been fixed? From all the photos I've seen the lower parts of the tower looked very unfinished and was clearly viewable from different aspects around the park

Thanks. Glad the audio is progressing. You can see the unfinished parts of the tower and surrounding buildings from the park too though can't you? Or have those bits been fixed? From all the photos I've seen the lower parts of the tower looked very unfinished and was clearly viewable from different aspects around the park

The parts you could see from within the park (not on the ride) have been fixed/themed since the last photos you have seen. Edited by One day holiday

The tower looks really good from around the park and the carpark. I think that is really the intention, it's to add to the skyline, not so much something you see within the ride itself. The structure was pretty much the same when the coaster was lethal weapon.

I agree on the two train thing. I was there today and the line stayed at about an hour to an hour and a half all day. Even scooby doo's line up was shorter. I must say though the harnesses do come down quite hard on your legs towards the end but i suppose that will go away like it did on MDMC.

I agree with the harness pressure on your legs. It is, to a certain extent, kind of painful. I got off the ride with tingling/numbness in my legs , thats how hard it was pushing down. Lets hope it does "wear-in"

I heard some people saying it was pain, or their legs were numb, bla bla. That's all a bit of an exaduration IMO there is some pressure, but that's all. And it's barely a minute it happens for. No worse than the pressure of the wipeout harness for example.

I heard some people saying it was pain, or their legs were numb, bla bla. That's all a bit of an exaduration IMO there is some pressure, but that's all. And it's barely a minute it happens for. No worse than the pressure of the wipeout harness for example.

The pressure I had on my legs was A LOT more than wipeouts harness. No exaggeration, it hurt! even if it was from the brake run to the station. (I was in the front seat, I know the presence of the G-forces going into each element is more noticeable in the front. Possibly a factor)

Agreed, when it comes to the brakes you're thighs would be hurting and you'd probably say something but once the rides over you get over it 10 seconds later..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSFRpJO2xgE&feature=related Here's the POV. Yet another Youtube channel made, what happened to Big3ThemeParks and myfuncomau? They aren't going to get subscribers if they don't stick to one Youtube channel like Dreamworld has. Mind you finding this video again as there is of course the people who re-upload the same video for no reason, just to get the views? *Cough* thatgold23 *cough*... Here's the off-ride POV. You can see here how the building looks from behind (not it's best) and also as I mentioned before the viewing pit that hasn't been themed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeJODtVFn04&feature=related

Edited by kujotess

I actually like the back of building being like that. For me, "Movie"world should have more theming like that. Don't try to go all out like disney, leave that for "dream"world. As someone has mentioned previously, movies are fake, the theming should be designed that way too. I'd rather see half a building set up as though it was a movie set, not a full structure that would hardly ever see the light of day in a movie* *Yes before any of you whinge and say they do use full sets in movies, yes I know that, but my point is a lot of it is about perspective in movies which is why just the facade works fine too.

I actually like the back of building being like that. For me, "Movie"world should have more theming like that. Don't try to go all out like disney, leave that for "dream"world. As someone has mentioned previously, movies are fake, the theming should be designed that way too. I'd rather see half a building set up as though it was a movie set, not a full structure that would hardly ever see the light of day in a movie* *Yes before any of you whinge and say they do use full sets in movies, yes I know that, but my point is a lot of it is about perspective in movies which is why just the facade works fine too.

True, it's like the big studio buildings for the rides like Superman, Scooby Doo, Lethal Weapon etc.. It makes it more movie like, the tower may not look it's best from the back, but it's not something you look at a lot while your on the ride.

Movieworld have updated the website saying Arkham Asylum is Now Open. Also it still says Lethal Weapon will be closed until early April... :huh: Great job!

Yup definitely open.. post-29097-0-20476600-1333844134_thumb.p post-29097-0-65149300-1333844231_thumb.p What do you know, POV uploaded again by TheThemeParkPlace.. talk about copyright! Edited by kujotess

At least they have put a bit more design effort into that Arkham image on the front page - although still nothing on the ride page itself. I also notice that the logo on the main page now says 'Arkham Asylum Coaster'... again, no reference to shock therapy. The marketing department really needs to sort this out. They should at least include shock therapy on the marketing materials

Woo, mounted POV! And the name Arkham Asylum Shock Therapy really seemed like it was thrown together at the last minute, it sounds terrible, and now I think they kind of regret that. By the way speaking of the website, has anyone noticed that weird video on the Scooby Doo page? It goes for less than a second, not sure what happened when they uploaded that. I do love the POV of Superman, I haven't noticed it until now. However, in true Movieworld style, the video cuts off before the end of the POV. Oh little 16 year old that manages the website, you so silly.

i was hoping they would have made it like the old bermuda triangle something happens before you get on the ride maybe being chased by joker and cronies through the asylum. kinda dissapointed...

Because that'd work out well.. Think about it, having to do that every. single. group. that rides Arkham every. single. day. Edited by kujotess