Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

How come Movie World stopped doing the 1:00pm - 6:30pm hours on ANZAC Day? (Don't quote me on the closing time) I have great memories of a visit a few years back. Getting to ride everything with no queue in the dark sure beat the lines at their special events. :P

It simply comes down to costs - Fulltime staff would still be paid for ANZAC Day if it Wednesday their normal day of work. Plus if they did open any casual or other staff that worked on that day would be paid double time and a half. It simply doesn't warrant them opening for a few hours.

Edited by rac2703

Just came across the advert for Arkham on youtube. They call it the 'Arkham Asylum Coaster' during the ad....

It shows just how confused they've been with the marketing of this coaster: The ad shows a logo which says 'Arkham Asylum Shock Therapy' while the voiceover says 'Arkham Asylum Coaster'. I still don't think even the marketing department knows which one it is. Bit silly really

I dont think they are confused, Arkham Asylum - Shock Therapy is the full title however just Arkham Asylum or Arkham Asylum Coaster can be used as necessary. This is the official ride logo as provided to me, note versions of this logo exist with both Coaster and Shock Therapy.

That means they're confused. It shouldn't have 3 names. The fact that there are multiple versions of the logo, each with different names, is just plain inconsistent. Very poorly delivered Edited by GoGoBoy

That means they're confused. It shouldn't have 3 names. The fact that there are multiple versions of the logo, each with different names, is just plain inconsistent. Very poorly delivered

I disagree, the logo with coaster is used on the website and without is used on the current Park Maps. I have not seen the logo with Shock Therapy used publicly. The logo regards of some small text is the same.

Remember a little while back when the photoshopped image of riders on the new train and the blurb for Arkham Asylum was added to the MW website? I mentioned a few times back then that I thought it was strange that they hadn't released any logo for the new ride yet. This just confirms my theory that they never really created a proper one for it. My understanding is that the logo they use is just taken from somewhere else and modified slightly (the game I'm guessing). So the reality is they just never bothered creating a proper logo and branding for this attraction, and now they are trying to do something and giving out mixed messages. I sure hope they will do justice to the new spring attraction and design a proper logo for it, stick with a consistent name, and give it the proper marketing it deserves

Here are the names given for the ride in the different places ect. - Website attraction list - Arkham Asylum Shock Therapy Website ride logo - Arkham Asylum Coaster Ride Requuirements sign - Arkham Asylum Ride Train Chairs - Arkham Asylum Jokers Intensive Treatment Park Map Cover - Arkham Asylum Coaster Park Map Inside - Arkham Asylum TV Ad - Voiceover say "Arkham Asylum Coaster" while logo shows "Arkham Asylum Shock Therapy"

Edited by rac2703

I think the point is; everyone knows that it's Arkham Asylum. Why's everyone bickering over the name of the ride?? When you're walking through the park, do you say to your friend/family member/whoever "Let's go ride Arkham Asylum Shock Therapy" or "Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster"? No, you just say Arkham. Or Scooby.

I think the point is; everyone knows that it's Arkham Asylum. Why's everyone bickering over the name of the ride?? When you're walking through the park, do you say to your friend/family member/whoever "Let's go ride Arkham Asylum Shock Therapy" or "Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster"? No, you just say Arkham. Or Scooby.

We still call it Lethal Weapon. We also refer to the others as Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster and Wild Wild West... Each to their own I guess.

I used to work in marketing so it's something I really notice. You can look at a new ride as a new 'product'. Do you know of any company that releases a new product and doesn't have a consistent name, logo & branding for it? It's particularly disappointing as in years gone by the Warner Village parks always utilised top notch graphic design and marketing for their new attractions