Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

I agree, haven ridden Arkham Asylum multiple times, (even a few in a row), I have not once experienced any pain in my legs. once or twice i felt pressure as the bar tightened, but I just make sure that the lap bar isn't to tight to begin with. My friend who was riding with me felt more secure by pushing the bar in as tight as possible at the start of the ride, and yes she did regret it at the end complaining of excessive tightness. I think people just like something to niggle at with these things, even when it was the lethal weapon, I never experienced severe head banging, by holding your head back all the way as they tell you to do it really did stop much of the pain. a lot of people tended to let their head hang foward during the first drop and ince your heads out, with all the forces its hard to pull it in again.

I will post a full review of my day later, but seriously, AA is going to be off my list of coasters to do while on the coast. Those battery things did the job quickly, and the attendants were friendly. Won't be doing it again due to the leg pain. It's great they've fixed the head banging thing, but I like to keep the circulation flowing to my legs.

I noticed the pain on my legs after the ride had finished when the train reached the brakes..I couldn't feel it when i was riding though. I walked the pain out of my legs afterwards.

The seats and restraints are very comfortable at the start... by the inline twists I have the same issue with pain in my legs and have trouble walking off the ride at the end. I also would personally would rather the head banging which could be dealt with by pressing your head to one side.

All this talk of pushing ones head back or to the side... I found the constant pounding of my head in this position still gave me a hell of a headache. I know I wasn't alone. My sister rode last week and she had her head back firmly on the new seats and said she found the ride just as uncomfortable as before... I think the defensive riding methods described here were still not satisfactory for the majority of riders, hence the new train.

I'm sorry, I haven't ridden it yet, but if you have to come up with techniques to stop a ride from hurting you, then that is not enjoyable. I you have to hold you head back firmly for the entire ride remembering this, where has all the fun gone in riding it?? I too use to hold my head firmly against the back and still got horrible rides, while some I faired better than others in the end I was just skipping LW because one day I felt like my ears were bleeding and I had a headache they wouldn't leave for the whole day. I think the issue with harness pressure is the way you position your harness. Who remembers when MDMC opened the amount of people complaining how horrible the harnesses were? Hell, I was one of them, I don't get it anymore because I've learnt how correct use it now without the feeling that my legs needed amputating. I've had the same thing at times with Wipeout, SE and countless other rides. I've found they all tighten during the ride so you work out how to best position the restraint to stop this from happening, you don't always get it right and it can take practice. But from experience I get it on nearly every ride so I sit the harness so its comfortable on me, not tight and then ride, by the end I find its tightened its pressure but not so much that its become uncomfortable. Problem solved. Granted I haven't Arkham yet so I can't comment on its pressure but my guess is the same trial and error until I find where the harness sits best on me so as not to create discomfort by the end.

Looks like they are looking to put in the audio... The Arkham Asylum rollercoaster will be closed for maintenance from Monday 8 May to Tuesday 9 May 2012 inclusive.

Surprising that they would close it Monday and not Tuesday/Wednesday as it is a public holiday on QLD on Monday which usually means big theme park crowds

I went on this for the first time yesterday and it took 45 minutes to get on the ride, with the line comparable to Wild West Falls which only took us 10 minutes to get on. They need to invest in another train because if this ride truly had a big line in peak times it would take hours to get on. Ridiculous. Anyway, I did enjoy it much more than its previous incarnation and only had a slight headache as opposed to a raging headache that I had after my last ride. I went on this for the first time yesterday and it took 45 minutes to get on the ride, with the line comparable to Wild West Falls which only took us 10 minutes to get on. They need to invest in another train because if this ride truly had a big line in peak times it would take hours to get on. Ridiculous. Anyway, I did enjoy it much more than its previous incarnation and only had a slight headache as opposed to a raging headache that I had after my last ride.

Two seats out of action today. The ride was really noisy as well, talking back to the screeching sound that we knew with LW. Was aso extremely bumpy, people in the row in front and the person next to me were complaining of headaches at the braking section. They also were complaining about how tight the harness had become on their legs. Not sure what they did in the two days it was out for maintenance but was very reminiscent of LW with the noise and jerkiness.

Edited by Wyncenuros

Two seats out of action today. The ride was really noisy as well, talking back to the screeching sound that we knew with LW. Was aso extremely bumpy, people in the row in front and the person next to me were complaining of headaches at the braking section. They also were complaining about how tight the harness had become on their legs. Not sure what they did in the two days it was out for maintenance but was very reminiscent of LW with the noise and jerkiness.

Well that's great. STILL NO AUDIO despite it being advertised as a major feature and a return to the 'roughness' of its previous incarnation. FAIL

The jolts in the track never went anywhere, it was the rock hard harnesses that your head hit repeatedly during the ride that made it uncomfortable, so forgive me if I take that report with a pinch of salt. As for the audio, yeah it sucks that an advertised feature isn't yet online, but I really could give two shits about that ride having audio TBH. It'll be nice when it shows up but as far as I'm concerned Lethal being turned into a fun re-rideable coaster is concept enough for an upgrade for me.