Do Theme Parks Have A New Direction?

daveoparks

Is Australian Theme Parks Heading into A 'Dark Ride Free' Era?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is Australian Theme Parks Heading into A 'Dark Ride Free' Era?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I'm new to the fourms, just been reading about this so called 'New Direction' that theme parks in Australia are taking that don't involve the 'dark rides' that Bermuda Triangle and Looney Tunes once were, it's funny that apparently it's not what people want anymore as I think it's exactly what they want, whilst being up in the Gold Coast recently seeing the current state of the Bermuda Triangle now asking one of the Staff at Sea World what will happen to the Bermuda Triangle, he said nothing has been planned for the next 6 months as far as he knew, I then asked him what the ride looked like from the inside and he said Staff weren't allowed inside but all the theming etc... has been removed and none of the staff had been inside the building since April this year, he also said there has been alot of Sea World visitors asking him the same question and he thinks that we're unlikely to see anything happen there within the next year. I'm going to try and go to Movie World before the year is out to find out about Looney Tunes River Ride but it seems that Village Roadshow don't believe there is any future with those types of attractions. If anyone has any question's you'd like me to ask the Movie World staff, feel free to ask :)

Hey Dave, Welcome to Parkz! Good to have you here. There are a couple of threads already covering the ride closures, possible replacements and company direction and Please feel free to contribute to those threads instead. Just a bit of friendly advice -- you might be wasting your time heading down to MW to investigate. Regular staff (operations, F&B etc.) will have no idea, and those that are in the know are bound by strict agreements that prevent them from speaking out.