Should Lethal Weapon Be Next To Go?

daveoparks

Should Lethal Weapon Be Next To Go?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should Lethal Weapon Be Next To Go?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't really care if it goes or not

Okay, after riding again yesterday, my opinion that it should go is stronger than ever. If I could, I would personally get a wrecking ball and crush that ride to pieces. Evil death machine it is, so painful to the point of it not being fun whatsoever. I rated it as a 7/10 before, now it's dropped to 4/10. I place Roadrunner over it any day.

Whilst you may say that it did manage to fill the queue on Saturday but given the capacity they are able to get out of it at the moment it isn't hard to see why. New style Vekoma trains would help going by reports on them on other SLCs but it will be interesting to see what Kumbak can offer experience wise.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand all the hating on the seats? 10 years ago when we last went on it (from Perth), ages 8 - 15, my siblings and I went on it many times and it was definitely our favourite MW wild. After browsing this forum I was quite concerned it had deteriorated in comfort somehow, and we were all somewhat hesitant... particularly with how rundown the ride looked. But tbh, it turned out to be an absolute highlight of the trip (including one group member who had never been on it before). Didn't seem rough at all, with the possible exception of the two slow corners into the station (they need to be lower speed or banked, you're really not ready for the jerk). FWIW, we were at the back, varied in sizes quite a bit but all pretty fit - and we followed the instructions, heads firmly back. Anyway. Great ride, desperately needs a fresh coat of paint, a second train (the queue was long), and some general TLC. The ride should definitely not be closed, that would actually make me quite sad.. there's multiple coasters I'd sooner regrettably let go then this one...

I am around 180cm, and last I checked, I have ears. I do not experience any headbanging, pain or discomfort whilst riding. Yes, the train does 'jolt' around the track, and there are sections with substantial vibrating, but I do not find it uncomfortable, let alone painful. However - there are some shorter members of my family \ extended family \ park-attendance group who are shorter... substantially shorter - as in 150-170cm, and all of those shorter members DO complain of headbanging, headache, pain in the ear etc. I think it's more 'height of torso' rather than 'height of body' (obviously - when you're sitting down) so a blanket 175-185cm height suggestion is kind of inaccurate.

Due to my young age I'm around 160cm and trust me, it HURTS. AlexB, at your height, does your head lay between the two

I don't understand all the hating on the seats? 10 years ago when we last went on it (from Perth), ages 8 - 15, my siblings and I went on it many times and it was definitely our favourite MW wild. After browsing this forum I was quite concerned it had deteriorated in comfort somehow, and we were all somewhat hesitant... particularly with how rundown the ride looked. But tbh, it turned out to be an absolute highlight of the trip (including one group member who had never been on it before). Didn't seem rough at all, with the possible exception of the two slow corners into the station (they need to be lower speed or banked, you're really not ready for the jerk). FWIW, we were at the back, varied in sizes quite a bit but all pretty fit - and we followed the instructions, heads firmly back. Anyway. Great ride, desperately needs a fresh coat of paint, a second train (the queue was long), and some general TLC. The ride should definitely not be closed, that would actually make me quite sad.. there's multiple coasters I'd sooner regrettably let go then this one...

That's very odd you didnt feel any discomfort. Maybe your head got smashed so much your brain got a bit knocked and you don't remember how incredibly painful the ride is. ;) Edited by alex_1

Perhaps we've all just been hardened from growing up with Perth's Adventure World's notoriously rough Turbo Mountain... As AlexB said, there's definitely some vibration I'm not disputing that, it's not smooth, but imo it's just not jarring or "rough".. with the exception of the wild mouse corners into the station.

Edited by mania

I think the other thing might be what your expectations were. If you're going on thinking "this is going to be really rough" and it's not too bad then you'll be pleased. I don't think it's as bad as LW, and for me it's still pretty smooth, but the trains are uncomfortable, and to me highlight a couple of jolts that in 100's of rides I'd never noticed on corkscrew.

Perhaps we've all just been hardened from growing up with Perth's Adventure World's notoriously rough Turbo Mountain... As AlexB said, there's definitely some vibration I'm not disputing that, it's not smooth, but imo it's just not jarring or "rough".. with the exception of the wild mouse corners into the station.

I have been on Lethal many times as well and I have not experienced the roughness that most are commenting on. Sure, I have had smoother rides on other coasters, but I wouldnt say that Lethal is overtly bone jarring IMHO. As for Seaviper/Corkscrew, I found that the new trains were not as smooth as the old ones, were not as comfortable as the old trains, and for the money that was spent on them, really did not add anything to the ride. It was still an "ok" experience and I would re-ride in an instant but after the hype of the coaster getting the new trains, I felt "underwhelmed". I certainly hope this does not occur with Lethal's new theme and trains. In unrelated news, I e-mailed Adventure World the other week regarding a possible replacment for the much missed "Turbo Mountain" The reply stated that they are indeed looking at their options and mentioned manufacturers Zamperla, Maurer Sohne and Gerstlauter. No time frames were mentioned but if they were to get a decent coaster in the next couple of years then a trip to Perth would certainly be in mind. Adventure World needs a good coaster to put it back on the map as a park of note. Fingers crossed it happens. :D

In unrelated news, I e-mailed Adventure World the other week regarding a possible replacment for the much missed "Turbo Mountain" The reply stated that they are indeed looking at their options and mentioned manufacturers Zamperla, Maurer Sohne and Gerstlauter. No time frames were mentioned but if they were to get a decent coaster in the next couple of years then a trip to Perth would certainly be in mind. Adventure World needs a good coaster to put it back on the map as a park of note. Fingers crossed it happens. :D

Offtopic, but thanks for that. I'm surprised they mentioned any names at all.. I'd expect them to be lips sealed. It is a great park, and they have been spending fairly big on it lately - something new, or a full park repaint seemingly every season going back what, a decade now? But yes, it needs a drawcard for the adults. TBH, something I'd love to see in the park (along with a coaster), and maybe even sooner, would be a 2 Aqua Loop racer. Well within the parks budget (Kahuna falls was $3mil odd), and gives it a real modern thrill waterslide... in Perth with 40C+ summers (well over 40C today..) a thrill slide's draw should not to be underestimated... but yea. If they want to be on the map, they need a coaster.

It's annoying to put it kindly, but it is also part of the ride. I go on LW knowing its gonna be a fast, frantic, rough ride. Keep your head to one side on the banked corners u minimise the damage to your ears/head. Would almost feel weird going on it the first time with smooth carriages

I kinda disagree with the notion that LWs roughness adds to the ride or anything like that. It's not like with B&Ms you hear people saying "Oh, it needs to be rougher".

but if they were to get a decent coaster in the next couple of years then a trip to Perth would certainly be in mind. Adventure World needs a good coaster to put it back on the map as a park of note. Fingers crossed it happens.

Well, I'm going to be over there in a couple of weeks, so I guess I could be potentuialy spited by the park if a coaster opens next year or the one after. But hey, I'm happy to finally check the place out.

I kinda disagree with the notion that LWs roughness adds to the ride or anything like that. It's not like with B&Ms you hear people saying "Oh, it needs to be rougher".

Exactly. Also, LW isn't rough in the almost fun way like a wooden coaster. It's a headbanger, and all that headbanging does is take away from the ride experience, not add to it. I didn't find my last ride on LW fun at all due to the pain.

Agreed with Gazza. Put it this way, the ride would be better if it was smoother, not more rougher or the same as it is now. A woodie that is really smooth, people would be saying "I wish it was a little rougher" as that is what woodies are about (anyone who has coaster knowledge would most likely be saying this). SLC's are not about that out of control feeling like woodies with everything shaking. Back on topic now.