Should Lethal Weapon Be Next To Go?

daveoparks

Should Lethal Weapon Be Next To Go?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should Lethal Weapon Be Next To Go?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't really care if it goes or not

I was at movie world a few days back and the line for lethal weapon was a ride on, the other rides in the park were absolutely full, about an hour wait for each(apart for kids wb), so I think it may be time for the ride to go its been at the park since around 1995 and its the only ride at the park that isn't really popular

It doesn't NEED to go. It simply needs some lovin'. Dreamworld proved that some lovin' can revitalize and old ride & be of enormous benefit to the company - TOT to TOTII. Even though it was a basic idea put into motion, everyone loved it and it renewed the old icon of Dreamworld. When I went to Dreamworld before the original TOT closed, the lines were always very short. Since the upgrade, the lines are massive, and people love the ride. Obviously some of the longer queues would come from the new cheaper passes, but still, it goes to show that no ride needs to be removed, just needs to be fixed.

what a stupid post this is lethal weapon is the best roller coaster in Australia because its a true roller coaster not a simple airtime coaster. lethal has everything and a great speed that is solid for the whole ride and one that throws you around and around and inside out yes we know it has the head rest problem which i have learned to live with but we know lethal weapon as we know it is about to change to become something different the track wont change only the theme and new state of the art trains which look set to be ready to ride in less than 6 months. So no this doesnt need to be replaced its just about to be given a facelift and a whole new lease on life cause after all best coaster we have that knows what a coaster is meant to be. this is coming from someone who loves superman and rides similar around America but there are just airtime without really turning you upside down or keeping a constant speed

what a stupid post this is lethal weapon is the best roller coaster in Australia because its a true roller coaster not a simple airtime coaster. lethal has everything and a great speed that is solid for the whole ride and one that throws you around and around and inside out yes we know it has the head rest problem which i have learned to live with but we know lethal weapon as we know it is about to change to become something different the track wont change only the theme and new state of the art trains which look set to be ready to ride in less than 6 months. So no this doesnt need to be replaced its just about to be given a facelift and a whole new lease on life cause after all best coaster we have that knows what a coaster is meant to be. this is coming from someone who loves superman and rides similar around America but there are just airtime without really turning you upside down or keeping a constant speed

Commas and full stops. Please. Also, lethal weapon is far from the best coaster in Australia. Its just an SLC, anyone in America would know that an Intamin Rocket beats any SLC hands down.

Actually yeah it probably makes it into our top 3. Out of what Ive ridden, I rank it as this. 1. Superman (Airtime, acceleration, dark ride section) 2. TOT II (Sure, its simple and quick, but its one heck of an adrenaline rush) 3. Lethal Weapon (Speed and intensity, but still an awfully rough ride)

Its a bit much to say it should be scrapped, but that said, I don't think it sits anywhere near our top 3. -Superman -Green Lantern -Jet Rescue -Scooby -Surfrider -Buzzsaw -TOT2 All provide much more enjoyable experiences IMO. If the new trains manage to provide a smooth ride, then that could well catapult it up near the top. At the moment, no way.

or keeping a constant speed

The top hat is the only real moment Superman slows down right? The rest of it you fly along.

I have long gotten over the thrill of inversions, give me speed and airtime anyday. I have ridden the Great Nor'Easter at Morey's Pier's with the new SLC trains which have a padded chest harness minus the headrest. Trust me... while you might loose the headache it does little to rescue the coaster. I don't like the feeling of the coaster car shaking violently and at times feeling as though it is being forced through the track. If only we could get our very own inverted B&M! Buttery smooth and full of forces! While i don't think we should remove it, i certainly think it is long behind a long list of much better more customised and unique coasters in Aus.

Gazza, my top 3 would probably be the same except I haven't ridden scooby, green lantern, buzz saw, surfrider or jet rescue yet. But yeah there's nothing wrong with an airtime coaster, after all that's exactly what Bizarro in SFNE is and is constantly rated #1 coaster in the world. Superman here in Aus has peaked at #15 in the world while Lethal Weapon probably hasn't even placed in the top 200.

There is no reason whatsoever for Lethal Weapon to be replaced... With the new trains and new theme (hopefully) coming soon, it will be seen as a whole new experience to the GP. While we know it is simply new trains and some paint jobs, it will work wonders for MW (as proven by TOT2). Personally I enjoy LW, yeah the head banging sucks but I get used to it, I just enjoy the ride for what it is, and that for me is a cool invert. Bearing in mind I have never been on a B&M invert, and that opinion could change when I do ride one.

As said above this ride doesn't need to go. It is the first with bonus smooth section (helix) and not really that old. The new trains and touch up to the area should have people riding again. Will say I wouldn't mind trying it with backwards trains. If it has worked for one ride then I cannot see why it wouldn't for this. Would make for one hell of a unique experience.

There is no reason whatsoever for Lethal Weapon to be replaced... With the new trains and new theme (hopefully) coming soon, it will be seen as a whole new experience to the GP. While we know it is simply new trains and some paint jobs, it will work wonders for MW (as proven by TOT2). Personally I enjoy LW, yeah the head banging sucks but I get used to it, I just enjoy the ride for what it is, and that for me is a cool invert. Bearing in mind I have never been on a B&M invert, and that opinion could change when I do ride one.

I agree wholeheartedly with this post!!! The idea of Lethal Weapon being replaced at this point in time is just ridiculous IMHO!! As Linus has stated, a new theme and new trains will re-invigorate the ride and its perception in the public domain. To be honest, I have never, ever really found Lethal to be all that rough. Plus while it is a SLC and there are many versions of it around the world, it is made rarer for the fact of the addition of the bonus helix at the end.The fact that there is so many proves it is a very successful and popular design (much like the Vekoma Boomerang but that is another story!!) It is our only "Thrilling " Inverted coaster and it would be a huge loss to our coaster landscape if it disappeared. Long live Lethal!!!

It wouldn't take a matter of months, not years, to knock it down and move it. We've just seen how quickly they can install a ride, and given they already have the pieces and one would presume still have the plans from the original build, it would be costly but quick to move it. Lethal Weapon is not always busy either - over the last 3 years it has been a walk-on every time I've been to the park, even on days when Main St is overrun with people.

They could probably do it in a week, actually.

alex-1 you are wrong

It wouldn't take a matter of months, not years, to knock it down and move it. We've just seen how quickly they can install a ride, and given they already have the pieces and one would presume still have the plans from the original build, it would be costly but quick to move it. Lethal Weapon is not always busy either - over the last 3 years it has been a walk-on every time I've been to the park, even on days when Main St is overrun with people.

Why did i say years coz BT at SW has shut for 1 year and still reday for a knockdown

Depends, if it was just going to be turned into scrap metal, probably not that long, it no longer has a use and it doesn't matter if pieces break. If its being moved, its going to take longer, because they'll need to take more care since its going to be operational soon. Even then, I wouldn't say years. After all SF are moving Deja Vu to one of their other American parks and its not taking them years.