Should Lethal Weapon Be Next To Go?

daveoparks

Should Lethal Weapon Be Next To Go?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should Lethal Weapon Be Next To Go?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't really care if it goes or not

I love the idea of a forward/backward facing train, but seeing as the trains have already been delivered, it might be a little too late for that. It would be the first full circuit backwards facing invert though.

Hopefully Flea is Right Here !

So Jacko, you are 10 years old and seem to know everything. :P

Lol I Don't Work at movie world :P Edited by Jacko

alex-1 you are wrong Why did i say years coz BT at SW has shut for 1 year and still reday for a knockdown

You're confusing a ride being "SBNO" (Standing but not operating), with the time it takes to actually remove a ride, when the need arises. If there is no pressing need to demolish an unwanted ride, they often just sit there. With Bermuda for instance, its not like there have been crews on site toiling away for the past couple of years. Most likely, it's just been doing nothing. Son of Beast at Kings Island has been SBNO for the past 5 years, doing not much else but rotting away for instance. http://www.rcdb.com/584.htm Rides can be knocked down in weeks.

It's a silly suggestion that Lethal Weapon might be or should be removed. Don't even tempt Movie World with such an idea. The last thing they should do is remove yet another ride. I actually really like the coaster. Being tall, I have no problem with headbanging and I've always found it to be smooth enough. I love the anticipation on the lift hill and the great feeling that comes with being suspended and having your feet dangling. It was one of the first American-standard coasters we got at one of our theme parks. Any moves to improve the ride by reducing the headbanging that some people experience would be welcome. I still think it's got a lot of life in it yet

Edited by GoGoBoy

Having ridden Runaway Reptar at DW and reading what all of you are saying about the old Vekoma seats being too constrictive I am wondering whether the Runaway Repttar is a Vekoma as well - and if the seats are indeed the same then I can say yes, I have experienced the feel of sitting in a Vekoma seat. It also seems KumbaK is popular with WVTP because they've picked KumbaK trains to replace the old Arrow trains on the former Corkscrew and now they're going with KumbaK for new trains for the Lethal Weapon. I'm also wondering whether MW should place one of the new seats outside so people can test if they can ride (an idea I have thought of) with all the restraint locking removed so that you can pull the harness down, test if you fit then push it up again - a sort of an 'if you can fit in this seat and are tall enough you can ride' idea.

I am wondering whether the Runaway Repttar is a Vekoma as well

Yeah it is,: http://www.rcdb.com/2166.htm As is Roadrunner at MW. You'll note that both coasters have the same layout.

test if you fit then push it up again - a sort of an 'if you can fit in this seat and are thin enough to ride' idea.

Fixed.

It would be a shame to see LW go! I think some good re-theming and new seats would be of great benefit to the park. I did see a picture of some new seats that MW was considering a while ago, i don't know whether it was on here. I think it was around the time when it was rumoured that LW was going to be re-themed Green Latern.

I think it's funny, were probably the only country in the world who actually wants to KEEP an SLC! I know plenty of American enthusiast would like Vekoma eradicated from their parks.

I think that's because in comparison to most of the rides we have, Lethal Weapon is one of the better ones. Of course everyone has their personal preference, I think out of the enthusiasts here we generally just accept LW's head banging. Let's just remember that in America it is the ENTHUSIASTS that absolutely hate SLC's, for all I know the GP must like it, otherwise they wouldn't have been so successful...

No! Who thought this up! Lethal Weapon is one of the better rides we have in Australia. And with how all Theme Parks seem to be going cheap and spending as little as possible on new rides at the moment, whatever replaces it would end up being horrible! It just needs a re-theme/re-vamp. Aren't there new seats coming for it? Slightly off topic but why is it always referred to "Ride Lethal Weapon" and not just "Lethal Weapon"?

Lethal Weapon is one of the better rides we have in Australia. And with how all Theme Parks seem to be going cheap and spending as little as possible on new rides at the moment, whatever replaces it would end up being horrible!

Brilliant point! Agree completely. Although I would add this appears to be just an Australian phenomenon at the moment (despite our better economy). They are still adding big blockbuster rides and attractions to overseas parks

Are the new seats expected to improve the head banging substantially? The layout for SLC's has always been good, its just the overall ride experience is far too rough. If they manage to fix that it could be up there with superman as the best ride in Australia, despite how generic it is. Sea Viper seems to have gotten worse with the new trains, the old Corkscrew trains were surprisingly smooth. The point of that upgrade was just a retheme I pressume(unless there was something wrong the trains which I didn't hear about). With Lethal Weapon they might just be going for a retheme as well and we might not see any improvement. Can anybody shed any light on the trains for Lethal Weapon? I would quite happily see it stay for a long time if they give it a good touch up

Edited by keadz

That's a shame to hear that Kumbak essentially took what was once one of the smoothest coasters around (Corkscrew) and made it rougher (Sea Viper). Not really an upgrade. Personally I wouldn't have used their services again. Let's hope they do a better job with Lethal Weapon

It's a common misconception that the reason why Vekomas have so much rattling is because of the space between the upstop wheel and the normal wheel, when that actually doesn't affect it. It is the transitions between elements on the ride and the design of the actual train itself, it has nothing to do with the wheels. So no matter what train you put on to the Vekoma, there will always be "head banging" (because of the horrible transitions) although some rattling can be reduced via a new train design (Kumbak). The one thing a train won't change is the horrible transitions from element to element. Anyway, the new trains don't so much stop the train from rattling (I just said why this isn't really possible) but more so they eliminate anything for your head to "bang" on to. It is a much more comfortable seat without two big foam things next to your head, so more freedom for your head to rattle from side to side without hitting anything but the wind around you. Hope that clears some stuff up about the new trains.

If Lethal Weapon was in the US or Europe, I'd say give us all blow torches and we'll melt it into a big lump of metal, but like what people have observed it's one of the better coasters in Australia and we need any coaster we can get. If it was existing at the expense of getting a better coaster in it's place then I'd have a different opinion. Hopefully the new trains will solve the head banging problem. The new trains on the Morey Piers SLC completely took head banging out of the equation (not KumbaK's though), then you're just left with the jerky transitions and a feeling you've done this in a thousand other places. At least LW has the bonus helix.

Slightly off topic but why is it always referred to "Ride Lethal Weapon" and not just "Lethal Weapon"?

As I recall the original advertising campaign for it (on many a VHS video cassette from your local video store [for the younger generation, try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rental_shop]), the voiceover, and the imagery referred to it as "Lethal Weapon; The Ride". I used to have lethal weapon's original online logo back in the day of dialup (kids - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dial_up), but it's on a portable hard drive somewhere - and in my typical 'on holiday' fashion - i can't be arsed. There is ONE reference online that I can find - http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/Attractions/Rides/Lethal-Weapon-The-Ride.aspx Which does kind of contradict the in-park signage, because all of the other imagery available - including signage in-park does refer to it as Ride: Lethal Weapon - Lethal_Weapon_-_The_Ride_entrance.JPG Although, having said that, google returns a lot of results for the "Lethal Weapon, The Ride" version of the wording: http://www.google.com.au/search?q=lethal+weapon,+the+ride&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-au:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7TSAU_enAU381AU381&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&ei=hVIET96rHJCJmQWcsuDlCg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=1&ved=0CC8Q_AUoAA&biw=1366&bih=597 Perhaps it was just to give it the multiple word titles for rollercoasters like Superman: Escape from Krypton... etc etc. Also, In my googling - i also stumbled across this - which is one year old tomorrow.... BUSTED! Must say - good eyes from the operator - or poor job from the person filming. It was a good 7 odd years ago now, but I did manage to get a camera on board, and filmed the whole trip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNJ69SP-iZg