What rides have you gotten stuck on, or have seen broken down?

Jacko

Wow, Three Rides that I went on yesterday broke down all in one day

Scooby Doo: stopped for five minutes before the ride was back in action. (should point out that the saw effect before the ride photo wasn't working and neither were the Scooby's mouth on the animatronics were not working which was very creepy)

Superman: just as we left the scene that says "Oh no it's about to blow!" the lights went on and the ride stopped fifteen minutes later evacuated, then got one last ride at the front row before Screamworld which leads to..

Super Tube Hydro Coaster: the ride never made the first hill after the first drop and the ride had an rollback the riders were evacuated, then less than ten minutes later just as we entered the tube and the ride sensors went off had to wait for fifteen minutes before the ride was fixed

Should point out that The Wedgie looks the slide is going to collapse any time now as the ride was shaking every one minute. Is that supposed to happen to the ride or not?

Edited by The_Ninja_59

Scooby Doo: stopped for five minutes before the ride was back in action. (should point out that the saw effect before the ride photo wasn't working and neither were the Scooby's mouth on the animatronics were not working which was very creepy)

Should point out that The Wedgie looks the slide is going to collapse any time now as the ride was shaking every one minute. Is that supposed to happen to the ride or not?

Chracters that talk without moving their mouths are creepy? Avoid all parades at all parks or you're gonna be freaked out (except of course the new 'talking' mickey costume).

Wedgie always shakes with the force of the rider going around. It's always looked like that.

Expedition GeForce at Holiday Park, got stuck at the top of the lift hill. Ride op came up and I have no idea what they were saying in German. Eventually they got the train over and we were stuck in the brake run because they couldldn't get the catch car back down to take the other train over. Got evac'd by ladder at the brake run.

Was under the impression the ride could be overridden to manual mode, meaning unless the was a perfect balance, it would right itself (and riders rocking in the car would certainly right it)

Of course maybe that manual setting takes a tech to apply, and that could have taken time. How long was it stuck?

• 2 weeks later...

Superman Escape. Today.

Was surprised to see they had both cars running given school is back in (maybe because Green Latern is under maintenance), although that was probably the ride's undoing*

On a positive note it was my second ride for the day, with the first one being front row. Which is best row. As a single rider too.

Was still closed over an hour later when I left. But I've finally popped my evac cherry.

*no scientific basis for this claim

Edited by westical

I usually only attend Dreamworld so all my experiences are there.

I've been stuck on Wipeout (but who hasn't?) for 15 minutes. That was a fun experience.

Also my first time on TOT2 ended with the car not stopping where it was meant to and ending up near the end of the tunnel. The emergency brakes kicked in (thankfully) and it took about 20 minutes to get us back to the entry/exit spot. Because I hadn't been on TOT2 yet (had been on TOT1), I thought this was normal, until they let us know we had missed our braking point.

Got stuck on the rapids once as well. Right at the end where the conveyor belt think takes you back to the start, our raft wouldn't lock in and we were stuck at the bottom of the conveyor belt. It wasn't until the next raft came along that we got knocked onto the conveyor belt. The operators had a puzzled look on their face when they saw two rafts come up at once. I think I recorded that moment on my phone as well.

I witnessed the Cyclone break down this afternoon from the comfort of the WWW wave pool. It got about 1/4 of the way up the chain lift hill, then it just suddenly stopped. Poor peeps could be seen stranded up there in the hot afternoon sun for about 10 minutes, then a DW attendant went up there to talk to each of them before it decided to work again and finish its cycle XD

Another day at DW today, making the most of my annual pass before I work for the rest of the week lol XD

Anyway, the Tailspin is STILL closed due to "technical difficulties". Apparently it's very much broken atm! Hasn't been running for over 2 days now. And the Wipeout also had issues this afternoon, a bunch of people got stuck on it for about 10 minutes because it refused to return to it's "home" position.

TailSpin had a massive break down when I went on Sunday, the ride was stuck above the ground for twenty minutes just as the ride was about to take off

I'd say that's what did it!

What I find even more amusing is that they keep loudly playing that promo video/audio for it throughout the area (ie. the tutorial on how to do spins on it) yet the damn thing isn't even operating atm lol...

Oh, forgot to add, the Log Ride is having issues of some sort atm, too. It was closed for an hour or so a couple of days ago whilst the maintenance team swooped in to do repairs (something about them having to replace a part?) and over the past couple of days has had a restriction of 2 people per log only due to "unforseen circumstances."

Needless to say there has been a few unhappy families whom have wanted to ride together, but had to split up and go in separate boats because of this issue.

When I was there on Saturday they had all the coverings off the planes and were replacing the hydraulic fluid in the seat harnesses.

Lol, we took the kids after school on Monday and it was STILL closed. As was the Buzzsaw (technical difficulties) and Shockwave (annual maintenance). 3 of the "Big 9" all down at the same time.

And of course the River Rapids closed at 4pm on it's new limited schedule.

Felt a bit bad for people paying full price to enter the park that day, as ride options were pretty slim come later in the arvo. There was over a half hour wait for the TOTII at 4.30pm on an off-peak weekday, I think that pretty much says it all :/

Just to clarify, Shockwave is not in the Big 9.

I wonder what's wrong with TailSpin?

Thanks for the correction! I was racking my brain at the time trying to remember the 9th. Totally forgot about the Motocoaster :P

The good news is that the Tailspin is finally back in action! The bad news is that the Buzzsaw is still broken from yesterday >.<