What rides have you gotten stuck on, or have seen broken down?

Jacko

The Little Mermaid Ariel's Undersea Adventure : also at DCA : My Lapbar Went up near the end ! And ....................... Very Boring ride also <_<

That's when you're meant to get up and exit. Don't recall getting stuck on any rides, closest was probably when I had to get out of my seat on Space Mountain (DL) in the area they do the disabled switch while everyone else stayed on. Guessing there was a fault with the harness. I appreciated the little steps they provided for me to get out.

Oh Dear

That's when you're meant to get up and exit. Don't recall getting stuck on any rides, closest was probably when I had to get out of my seat on Space Mountain (DL) in the area they do the disabled switch while everyone else stayed on. Guessing there was a fault with the harness. I appreciated the little steps they provided for me to get out.

I wasn't at the station where this happened

In the early days of Movie World - waterfall at the end of LTRR didn't stop when it was supposed to - got drenched. TOT - sat on for a number of runs that didn't get very far up the tower. Had to get off the ride for a few more test runs. Disneyland - Splash Mountain came to a stop, not far from the big drop at the end, had to get evacuated.

In the early days of Movie World - waterfall at the end of LTRR didn't stop when it was supposed to - got drenched. TOT - sat on for a number of runs that didn't get very far up the tower. Had to get off the ride for a few more test runs. Disneyland - Splash Mountain came to a stop, not far from the big drop at the end, had to get evacuated.

thankfully I was never soaked by the LTRR before it closed for good I did however ride Marvin's infamous Rocket Ride before it was removed and it was awful cause we got lifted half a metre off the ground and were going to start the rotation cycle but the ride came to an abrupt stop without the ride op pushing anything - thankfully it was only half a metre. I remember another ride op calling over a mechanic to take a look at Sylvester's Pounce and Bounce when I was on it - apparently there was something to do with the compressor not functioning and the ride op had to drain all the leftover pressure and try and restart the compressor. It took three tries before it finally turned over then there was the wait until the ride could operate again - a lot of kids had to leave the queue and go home - so eventually I was the only one who stayed there and went on the ride after it was fixed.

My first ever ride on Scooby Doo was exciting as it broke down, We'd just completed the backward drop and then all the lights came on and the ride stopped. For a moment there I thought it was actually part of the ride. It took a couple of minutes to get it going again and then it was business as usual.

The Claw - Motor stopped (right at the top of the cycle) were left swinging for a good 10 mins until it stopped naturally, apparently it was a power failure. Stingray - Got on then had to get off cause some bouncy ball fell under the ride. Superman Escape - Wasn't running all morning (it kept rolling back on test rides) finally opened in the afternoon :D Battlestar Galactica: Humans - Had to wait for them to do about 4 test runs then they let us on. Shreck 4D (Universal Studios: Singapore) - Half of the seats in the cinema weren't moving......

You realise you don't need to just keep starting threads. If people aren't replying, it just means that it isn't a topic that incites a lot of discussion. Rather than creating a thread about every little theme-park related thing that you can, what about trying to think of something REALLY interesting and worthwhile to talk about - something that a lot of people will WANT to discuss (that hasn't already been thought of) and start that? Alternatively, rather than trying to start all these discussions of your own, what about joining in on existing (AND ACTIVE) discussions about things that others are already talking about? Once you've been on these boards for a bit longer, you'll get an idea of what people will, and won't, discuss for great lengths of time. As a guide - the best (and longest) discussions on these boards are usually about one of three things: 1) New Attractions coming soon \ being built \ opening. 2) Old Attractions being refurbed \ closing down \ being removed. 3) Pointless or trivial arguments that get personal.

Life? I got stuck on metropolis's lift hill today at Luna Park. Also saw Power Surge break down.

I was there the other day when my cruise on the Diamond Princess stopped in Melbourne and god, I can't believe how bad of a condition that park is in. Weeds growing through the tracks of the scenic railway, as well as wood completely rooting away in the supports. Even their newest ride, power surge needed a good greasing, all we could hear was metal on metal grinding, the whole ride.

You realise you don't need to just keep starting threads. Rather than creating a thread about every little theme-park related thing that you can, what about trying to think of something REALLY interesting and worthwhile to talk about - something that a lot of people will WANT to discuss (that hasn't already been thought of) and start that?

Consolidated Jacko thread?

The Claw - Motor stopped (right at the top of the cycle) were left swinging for a good 10 mins until it stopped naturally, apparently it was a power failure..

it must have coasted and swung you back and forth until it stopped at the bottom - now that would have been a ride to remember <aside> Saw a video of the Big Red Car ride at DW broken down on youtube, one minute you could see the Wiggles on a TV screen then the next minute it was a total power outage LOL Also saw a video of SDSC with the lights on I remember Batman the Ride 2 - there was a woman who got on who had a round stomach the size of Toula's and while the ride was running she wriggled around trying to get comfy and accidentally pulled her seatbelt out. Oops.

Coz no one replyed for ages

A forum isn't a competition for seeing how long people keep replying. Some topics eventually die off because once people have had their say, then there is nothing to keep it going. Nobody else had been replying because everyone on here who posts often had said what rides they had been stuck on. Everyone else has either never been stuck on a ride, or isn't interested in posting on this topic. It was popular the first few days, because the majority of people interested in replying would have done so early. Does that make sense?