Gold Coast parks in Feb

WalleyWorld

I was just wondering what the GC parks are like in February? I'm thinking of making a short trip up to visit the parks and ride Green Lantern. I guess the point of travelling in feb is to beat the crowds :D are we talking walk-ons for even the big rides? Also, do the village themeparks still run rides on a rotational schedule...or open certain rides later in the day during this period?

If I am 100% honest, I have always found that weekends are quieter and you can get more done. This was usually confirmed by staff when I saw the daily park attendance info for the week at 5 - 7 thousand and weekends at 3 - 4 thousand. I would dare say the VIP passes have altered this fact but this was pre passes.

If I am 100% honest, I have always found that weekends are quieter and you can get more done. This was usually confirmed by staff when I saw the daily park attendance info for the week at 5 - 7 thousand and weekends at 3 - 4 thousand. I would dare say the VIP passes have altered this fact but this was pre passes.

Vip Passes For Movie World , Sea World , Wet,n,Wild fisnhes 24 hours

It's a great time to go. Last Feb my kids rode the Road Runner Roller Coaster 7 times in a row without having to get out of their seat. I know it's not a big thrill ride, but it's an indication of how many people AREN'T there at that time of the year. You may get the odd storm in the arvo, but that's a good thing because it usually sends a lot of people home and the last hour you just smash the ride while no one is around.

Thanks for the advice :) Well when I was up there in September before the school holidays, we went to Movieworld twice. Once on a weekday and once on a saturday (which was the start of the sept. school holidays). The Saturday seemed less crowded....we got more rides on everything and the coasters were running at full capacity. So i can definitely support your findings.