Spongebob SqaurePants 3D at Sea World

Jacko

Yeah, I saw that picture as well. I really do hope that Happy Feet has been scrapped and Spongebob put in. The Happy Feet 3D show was absolutely terrible. Blurry 3D, and there were no 4D effects. It doesn't look like Spongebob will have 4D effects either....but at least it's a change. Anybody experienced it yet? *EDIT* - I found the

on youtube. Looks like the film is designed for 4D effects such as motion and water sprayers....but the Seaworld Theatre probably doesn't support those effects any more. I remember the 4D effects working when they had Planet SOS 4D running. Edited by Luke

What 4D did SW ever have? All I remember was some random movie, can't even remember the name but all they did was drag a bunch of wool strings along all the seats. Last time I went to that cinema they had that save the planet thing by trevor long and part way through the movie it showed "stop" on the screen then nothing for about 5mins until some staff came in and said it had broken down and we all had to leave.

There was a Pirates movie with some comedian, can't remember who it was though, and then there was Planet SOS as well.

God I hated that pirate movie. It was a generic movie show at places all over the world. I once saw it at the Vancouver aquarium. It was totaly lame. As for Sponge Bob. It think its a great addition. Kids love it and adults can get into it too.

Yeah, I saw that picture as well. I really do hope that Happy Feet has been scrapped and Spongebob put in. The Happy Feet 3D show was absolutely terrible. Blurry 3D, and there were no 4D effects. It doesn't look like Spongebob will have 4D effects either....but at least it's a change. Anybody experienced it yet? *EDIT* - I found the

on youtube. Looks like the film is designed for 4D effects such as motion and water sprayers....but the Seaworld Theatre probably doesn't support those effects any more. I remember the 4D effects working when they had Planet SOS 4D running.
Happy Feet Isn't listed on Sea World's Page anymore :(

Happy Feet has been replaced, with the addition of SpongeBob Squarepants 3D. The movie is the exact one posted by Luke. It goes for 5mins but is a fantastic movie with guests coming back for more and more. Every time i have seen it there has been a HUGE que of people waiting to see the movie as they run sessions every 20mins from 12pm.

• 8 months later...

Ok, I had my arm twisted and, under protest, I went to see this show today. While waiting for the movie to start, I'm checking out the 3D glasses and they appear to use circular polarisation, the same as my LG passive 3D TV. When the movie starts, I'm having trouble "locking on" to the 3D effect. I can force one part of the screen to be in focus, but then I'm seeing double in other parts. This is unusual because I watch a bit of 3D at home and this is not normally a problem. After a few minutes I'm still having problems, so I've had enough and decide to take the glasses off. Then I think: "Maybe they've messed up the projection", so I try my glasses on upside-down, effectively swapping the left/right eye filters. Bingo! The image snaps into 3D exactly as I am used to. I look at the other two in my group and suggest that they do the same. They comment that "Hey! Now the 3D looks much better". Unfortunately, this did not improve the subject matter of the "film". So, either my group had 3 out of 3 faulty sets of glasses with the lenses swapped, or the movie was projected with the left/right images swapped. Has anyone else ever encountered such a thing? It is possible to mess up the projection in this way? I informed a staff member of the issue on the way out but whether they would (a) believe me, and (B) take any action, will remain a mystery...

I had a similar experience at my local cinema when I went to see The Avengers in 3D. At the start of the film the background seemed sharper than the foreground and looking around the theatre noticed other people were experiencing difficulties (taking glasses on and off, looking perplexed at one another). After a short while other patrons went outside and notified a staff member and a 'swipe effect' went across the screen and it became crystal clear 3D. So, it seems to me like it may have been a projection issue in your case too, however if no one notified them it wasn't corrected.

Yes and no, modern (Real D) 3d cinemas are only using a single projector with a digital polariser so you don't have two lenses to align. However these projectors are set up to be able to move the polariser in and out of the optical path so you can show a standard 2D feature. If the polariser was not moved back to the correct position then this could be the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a funny but gross story that I have forgotten to say on these forums, when I stayed at Sea World Resort, on the 16th of June just when Dinosaur Island had opened, I went to go watch Spongebob 3D late in the arvo. While watching the movie we noticed some kiwis with a baby, changing nappies throughout the movie (disgusting I know). Then them thinking that the big bin looking box where you put your glasses in after the movie was a bin, yes, they did start putting their dirty nappies in it. I don't know if the staff knew that it was happening at the time but I'm sure someone would've told them after the movie. So yeah, that's my gross yet kinda funny story. All the glasses that would've been disposed in it HOPEFULLY got binned.