New Attraction

seaboi

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure if this type of ride would be right for sea world. It looks too tall and carnt imagine local government giving the go ahead for a tower like that next to the beach. Plus i also think the footings would have to go quite deep, and remembering sea world is built on a sand bar i carnt see how they would be able to do it. But i may be wrong.

If you can find any construction pictures of wicked twisted ( I think) it to was built right on the beach. But you are right with the depth of the footings, as shown in hte construction pictures, as they were very large and deep. Someone correct me if I have the wrong ride and tell of the right ride name. There are so many of these things going up now it is hard to keep track.

Dear god no! Impulses all the way :) ~Flea
Well I havn't ridden WT and god knows I'd sure like to but let me assure you if it was to be a Giant Inverted Boomer you definately would not be dissapointed. They are one Damn Fine amazing ride! Of course I'd much sooner see them get a Rocket like Xcelerator but as Im sure most will agree space and budget prohibit this :-(

To be totally honest I'd be more than happy with either. However I dont like to base my arguments on what other people say and for this reason I don't think either of us can really comment on the reliability of a ride when we don't really have any true facts. One thing I know is I've ridden DJV and its one kick arse ride. Same as a 4D, I had the wait the longest out of any ride in the US for X and its not the most reliable ride but I'd still kill to have one here in oz :-) As for the impulse, I'd dare say you would not get 100% reliability there either and the GIB certainly isnt anything like down 90% of the time. Even the rockets have their down time, same as any piece of mechanical equipment. Dont start me on reliability of moving lights HEHEHE

Sorry mate, that 90% downtime was certainly a wild guess from what I've heard from other people. I didn't say anything about Deja Vu not being a good ride.. I'm sure it is! Infact, I would kill to replace the entire wonderland for one of those.

Dont start me on reliability of moving lights HEHEHE
Martin all the way! :) ~Flea

Guest Cokecool

I would like to see Sea World add a Killer Whale Show/Exhibit and for the ride, maybe it could be a Stand-Up Coaster. I would like to see more land animals, like what Six Flags Marine World has done.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd imagine that such a move would be inevitable. There are only two things that I think Sea World needs to do if they are to grow - that is remove anything that could be better experienced at either of the other two parks, and of course get a bit slightly more articulated paths running through the park (I think that building a nice boardwalk style area across the Corkscrew side of the lake connecting the front straight up with the back will need to be done some time in the future). The water park will some day gone - it just isn't economically viable. If say someone stays at Sea World Nara, they're much less likely to go to Wet'n'Wild, or buy three park saver because there's a waterpark right there for their use for free. Taking it out not only sends more people Wet'n'Wild's way, but it obviously frees up a lot of land for the park to use, which is very much a limited resource for them.

We discussed this ride in another topic in the Wet'n'Wild forum. Looking up the stats for this type of ride (Setpoint Swing Thing), we found it had a 1200pph capacity. Even if it is a ride manufacturer's estimate (which often give less than easy dispatch times), it's still an accurate idea of the ride's capacity. Well, Movie World did fantastically with Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster, and they easily meet the manufacturers capacity (1000pph). Lethal Weapon, on the very rare occasion that they're running two trains and not stacking (had it once - and it really does make you happy knowing that the ops are genuinely doing their best). Corkscrew might run at about half that, Bermuda Triangle is supposed to be 1000 I think, and I wouldn't expect the Log Flume at maximum capacity to be anything less than 750 running properly (that's about one four person dispatch every 20 seconds). So you can see that it's capacity would be higher than those already at Sea World, and also that these capacities are attainable (and I must say, Sea World's staff on the whole are the most professional across all areas of all our parks - with the exception of the Movie World arcade :)). You think that this could be justified as a Cartoon Beach attraction? That'd be about the only way I see such a ride coming. I know it wouldn't be too hard to theme to something cartoony.

Now I'd be inclined to go the other way on that one Richard. If I was on holiday, I don't think I'd pay $150 for a separate animal, water and ride park when Dreamworld has a water, ride and animal park in one ticket price. I'd always thought that the real value of the 3 park super pass lay in the fact that it had on it, 2 full themed parks, and a water park, for a discounted price. But having the 3 best ingredients of a full park as a seperate park each? No thank you. If I was on holiday, and on a budget, I'd rather go to Dreamworld. I wouldn't under estimate the appeal of the water park, as its one of the biggest advantages that the park has over Movieworld, and, from the people I talk to, it also appears to play a big part in people with 3PSPs returning to Seaworld (in the early days of the 3PSP well over 50% of people were returning to Seaworld over Movieworld). Getting rid of the water park to me is a terrible idea. Its too much of an asset to the park, and if anything, is due to be upgraded rather then demolished. As for a Setpoint Swing thing on Cartoon Beach, I think that's a pretty cool idea. If the Seal Rock does get moved, from looking in the area, I think that there'd be plenty of room next door to Cartoon Beach to fit one (or at least a custom model) in. As for capacity, I think Richard hit the nail on the head, a capacity of over 1000 would suit the park fine. I take it the Swingthing can be designed to operate without the water cannons and whatnot?