Aqualoop Size

cadboy

Since we're on the topic, not sure if anyone has mentioned it but WnW have done a 180 turn on rider requirements - as I think Gazza pointed out when it first opened, rash shirts etc were not permitted... it seems now that every rider must have a rash shirt, and they give you one if you aren't wearing one. Spoke to an operator in the line yesterday and apparently, they used to think no-rash-shirt meant greater chance of valleying... seems they found out it was the other way around... Having said that, when I rode last year, no-rash-shirt, i didn't see one person valley. Yesterday I saw about 8 in a 10 minute stretch. Again, according to the operator - it's just idiots who can't keep ankles crossed and arms folded.

Since we're on the topic, not sure if anyone has mentioned it but WnW have done a 180 turn on rider requirements - as I think Gazza pointed out when it first opened, rash shirts etc were not permitted... it seems now that every rider must have a rash shirt, and they give you one if you aren't wearing one.

I went last year and rashies werent permitted, so now they are?

Since we're on the topic, not sure if anyone has mentioned it but WnW have done a 180 turn on rider requirements - as I think Gazza pointed out when it first opened, rash shirts etc were not permitted... it seems now that every rider must have a rash shirt, and they give you one if you aren't wearing one.

Yesterday I saw people going into the Aqualoop capsules without rash shirts? So I don't know where you got this from? Did you see people riding it with a rash shirt?

When I visited on New Years Eve they were requiring rash shirts tucked into your board shorts and those wearing bikinis/speedos were required to put on shorts that were provided (and tuck in the rash shirts) There is defiantly a difference between the outside and the inside, I make it through on the outside with ease but I have to push myself to make it through the loop on the inside .

"when it first opened, rash shirts etc were not permitted... it seems now that every rider must have a rash shirt, and they give you one if you aren't wearing one." "I went last year and rashies werent permitted, so now they are? " I think I just said that. Bmull, not sure what the go is when you went - they have someone near the scales handing our the rashies, and two bins (labelled O and B i think) at the exit of the splashdown area.

Got my first ride on them yesterday! What a rush! Was by far the scariest water slide I have ridden and the drop and fall at the start is great! Rash shirts were required and being handed to everyone without one and all those wear a shirt. Some are red and others I think grey in colour. We were also being asked to tuck them in before riding. What didn't seem to make sense (logically to me at least) was that the girls riding seem to be taking their boardies off when they got their rashie before heading up. Not 100% certain that they were being instructed to do so but it seemed that way. Didn't see anyone get given boardies to use. They were only running the yellow and green slides last night but there seemed to be a lot more people valley out on the inside slide than the outside...we were also trying to work out if they were identical but the insides did seem to maybe be slightly different with the angles as mentioned above. Jay

Girls could wear bikini bottoms, with the rashie tucked in. Red and Black\Grey, with VICI branding on the front and back. I did see one guy being given a pair of shorts (wouldn't call them boardies) just an old faded pair of red nylon 'lifeguard' shorts. It seemed that his shorts weren't tie-up string or elastic (just hanging loose) and halfway down his groin with about 3 inches of underwear showing above... I guess the worry that they're that loose that he'll lose them on the way down? My initial thoughts when I saw the rashies (i only saw girls getting them at first) was a 'flash-preventer' - i've seen many a female rider land in the splashdown and quickly roll over to cover their chest. As for washing them - i'm sure theres a rather large wardrobe department within WVTP, but whilst many would whinge - a good soaking in chlorinated water should be fine...

• 5 weeks later...

I didn't make it through the loop and I did nothing wrong, followed instructions exactly and wore their rashie tucked in tight. the only thing I think that may have slowed me down more than others could be that I have high quality board shorts with an inner lining. When I hop in the water they ballon around my waist and the air has a hard time getting out. that theory goes out the door though when i realise that girls in bikinis who also follow all the instructions get stuck too, even when having multiple goes. it would seem plainly obvious though that the ride is poorly designed as far too many people don't make it through the loop.

I was there on Tuesday & loads of people were valleying. For about 5 rides before mine the person in the red slide valleyed, so naturally they put me in the red tube and I thought "Great, my first ride and I'm not gonna make it." But I got over no problems and I am fairly slight (70kg), yet tall.

• 2 months later...

i'm scared to go on these the drop is the part i dont like. i heard you just drop straight down and for a few seconds your in the air than yopu come crashing down on the slide straight on your back...that would kill my back and it's bad enough as it is. and how do you get out of the tube if you get stuck in it i dont see an escape hatch?!

Edited by bladex