Big Brother Returns to Dreamworld

T-bone

Hi Folks. I sure hope this isn't true, but leaving my personal feelings aside, attached is a report from MediaSpy, who are claiming that Big Brother is returning to Dreamworld when it returns to screens later this year. http://www.mediaspy.org/report/2012/01/08/nines-big-brother-returns-to-dreamworld/

The Nine Network will return the Big Brother house to Dreamworld on the Gold Coast when it launches its reboot of the reality series later this year. According to media commentator Peter Ford, renovations began at the old site last week ahead of the show's return after the Olympics in August. The news follows rumours that the new-look Big Brothercould be based at Warner Bros. Movie World, or Sydney's Luna Park and Fox Studios. Nine's version, which is set to take the format "back to basics", will be fronted by Sonia Kruger.

I couldn't see Big Brother 'fitting' Movie World anyway. Movie World is more of the 'higher class' (couldn't think of another phrase) movies and TV series, not some controversial reality show. Apart from the attention it'd draw to Movie World, I don't think they would want that name associated with them after some of the controversy that came up in the previous series. I'm not saying it's a bad thing for Dreamworld -- Just saying that it suits Dreamworld better.

I just don't see why everyone is insisting on a Theme Park tie-in for this show. It isnt neccesary. The show can be quite easily done from a studio built in the middle of know-where. Sure, from a Park side it provides exposure, but when it gets controversial (as it inevitably will) your name is dragged through the mud with it.

Should be filmed in one of the more bogan areas to be honest as that would be the target audience of this show. Most people with a brain will be off doing something other than watching a bunch of morons in captivity. I also don't get people who watch Jersey Shore. Maybe they should do a tie in with Big Brother somehow.

Cue over the top american announcer.... Big Brother Survivor - Based in the heart of cabramatta, 12 housemates enter an abandoned warehouse each armed with a heavy weapon. The last remaining housemate will win a mystery box. Inside that box might be one million dollars, or a touch sensitive bomb.

Should be filmed in one of the more bogan areas to be honest as that would be the target audience of this show. Most people with a brain will be off doing something other than watching a bunch of morons in captivity. I also don't get people who watch Jersey Shore. Maybe they should do a tie in with Big Brother somehow

Perhaps filmed in Sunnyvale?

See I always thought when they said MW, they didn't mean MW necessarily, just they would be using the Village Roadshow Studios. Surely they could hold the house, eviction and Friday Night Live if it was brought back. I always assumed MW was brought up because it was right next door and people just lumped it together! According to TV Tonight and Peter Ford it will be back at Dreamworld.

Arts degrees can be helpful...they keep lecturers in jobs. If it means more capital for Dreamworld then who cares. Hopefully they use it wisely...Big Brother uplate introduced me to a whole new world, so I have to show some appreciation, the show is crap though.

Edited by keadz