Big Brother Returns to Dreamworld

T-bone

I was thinking more along the lines of Logan myself....

I haven't seen too many bogans around Logan, but there are the occasional yobs who like to provide free entertainment at the Loganholme bus station - they would be perfect for this show. i can just imagine it '12 bogans go head to head in a vicious verbal shouting match filled with words you don't want your grandmother to hear. The last person to stand the verbal abuse gets a mystery box which will either contain $5000 that the bogan can use for whatever purpose they see fit or an eviction notice.'

• 1 month later...

Dreamworld Confirmed As Home Of Big Brother 2012 After months of anticipation, Australia’s favourite theme park, Dreamworld, has today confirmed that the park will be the home of the hit television series Big Brother Australia in 2012. There has been a flood of speculation as to where the iconic Big Brother house and studio will be located, and Dreamworld is pleased to reveal its involvement in the new show. Dreamworld Chief Executive Officer, Todd Coates, said “Dreamworld is incredibly excited to be the home of the new Big Brother series. The Big Brother house and studios will be an iconic attraction at Dreamworld and for the Gold Coast.” It is fantastic news for Dreamworld, and also for the local film and tourism industries. Dreamworld is proud to participate in this significant investment into the Gold Coast,” Mr Coates continued. Southern Star Executive Producer, Big Brother 2012, Alex Mavroidakis said, “Southern Star Entertainment is thrilled to bring Big Brother back to its natural home, Dreamworld on Queensland’s Gold Coast.” “Our hub at Dreamworld always allows us to create a show that is truly dynamic and after a four year break, we’re excited to build a brand-new House that will exceed Housemate and audience expectations,” Mr Mavroidakis continued. The programme is scheduled to air on the Nine Network later this year. Tickets for shows have not yet been confirmed. For more information as it comes visit www.dreamworld.com.au or follow the only official Big Brother Facebook page facebook.com/BigBrotherAU, or twitter @bbau9.

http://about.dreamwo...ement-2012.aspx

• 5 months later...

So with big brother starting in 7 days any news on if dw are having any In-park big bro stay sit ins? I hear there is no live feed at all this year, so I guess that's out of the question. Didn't one year they have TVs in a cafe with live footage from the house? Or did I dream that up? I assume the house will be open for the obligatory tours after the series ends but are dw putting any effort into something else while the show airs? Answered my own question. From the dw site The Big Brother Experience Dreamworld’s newest attraction, the Big Brother Experience opens on 15th August 2012.  Have you photo taken in the Diary Room Chair Book your Big Brother Live Show Tickets Have your photo taken with a Big Brother Evictee each Sunday Book your Big Brother guided tour to see how all the action of Big Brother is captured. Walk through a simulated camera run, tour the Big Brother Studios where the live shows are broadcast and stand in the places made famous by show host Sonia Kruger for a photo to take home ($10 additional fee for tour/complimentary for unlimited pass holders). Interesting that the tour is free for unlimited pass holders. I would have thought dw would have jumped at the chance to charge everyone and not just every day visitors

Edited by aussienetman

Press release from a couple of weeks ago with some more details:

DREAMWORLD’S BIG BROTHER LINE UP ANNOUNCED With less than three weeks until the official Big Brother launch on Channel 9, fans will be delighted to know that tickets are now on sale for the first three shows! BB2012 enthusiasts can now purchase tickets to the official Launch Show on August 12, and two live specials on August 14 and 19. As the home of Big Brother, Dreamworld offers even more value for Pass Holders, who will receive exclusive benefits inclusive in their pass. The must-have ticket: Dreamworld has a range of entry tickets designed to suit everyone. If you’re a BB2012 fan, one of the ultimate tickets is Dreamworld’s Unlimited World Pass. Offering free admission to the Big Brother Experience, priority access to show tickets, Housemate meet and greets, and up to 50% off Big Brother Live Shows, Pass Holders will also have the chance to win money-can’t-buy Big Brother prizes. Purchase an Unlimited World Pass online for $109.99 or grab it at the gate for $119.99 for endless access to Dreamworld and WhiteWater World until 30 June, 2013 plus all your BB2012 exclusives. Plus stay tuned for more information on the soon to be released Big Brother Housemate Pass, for unlimited Dreamworld and WhiteWater World Entry, plus heaps of BB2012 benefits. Big Brother Live Shows: Big Brother Live Shows are filmed from Dreamworld each week and you can be part of the audience. This is your chance to experience the excitement and energy of the Big Brother phenomenon, feel the thrill of an eviction or special live show, be there to see one of your favourite Housemates live in person as they emerge from the house, and you may even get your face on television! Grab some friends together or bring the family for an experience like no other. Tickets are limited, so book now to avoid disappointment. Tickets are available online at www.dreamworld.com.au/bigbrother. The Big Brother Experience: If you’re planning a trip to Dreamworld and you want to see how the show works behind the scenes, then the Big Brother Experience is for you. Drop in for a photo in the replica Diary Room Chair, book Big Brother show tickets, meet a Big Brother Evictee on Sundays, or enjoy the Big Brother Tour. The tour starts with a souvenir photo in the replica Diary Room Chair, before taking a walk through a simulated camera run to see how all the action in the house is captured. Then journey down to the Big Brother Studios to get an exclusive look at the stage where the live shows are filmed. You can even stand in the places made famous by show host Sonia Kruger, or pretend you’ve just been evicted for a fun photo to take home. The Big Brother Tour is free for Unlimited World Pass holders, or $10 for general park guests and all photos taken throughout the experience will be available for purchase at the conclusion of your tour. Big Brother Housemate Appearances: When a Housemate gets evicted by Big Brother don’t despair, you still have a chance to see them and better still, meet them in person. Each Sunday Dreamworld will host one of the recently evicted Housemates for scheduled appearances in the park; guests will have the chance to join them in the replica Diary Room Chair, pose for a photo, and get their signature on official Big Brother merchandise. Make sure you have your Unlimited World Pass ready to get priority access, and keep watching the Dreamworld Facebook page for updated appearance schedules (www.facebook.com/dreamworld). Big Brother House Parties: Once the show is over and the Housemates head back to ‘real life’ the Big Brother House becomes the ultimate party destination. Book your next corporate event, Christmas party, birthday or special function in the Big Brother House and enjoy the fun of living like a BB2012 Housemate. Recline on the couches, confess in the diary room, or gather in the kitchen and reminisce on your favourite Big Brother moments.

http://about.dreamwo...-announced.aspx Also, there was a "Big Brother Cafe" operating throughout all the seasons at this location. Not sure about the broadcast inside though.

• 2 weeks later...

Its at DW, the first ep said 'coming to you from Dreamworld' and the end of the show has the big DW logo and DW have also tweeted peoples tweets about the show. I thought the show was in the old house because I remember seeing photos of the old house being re-done. How did you see it anyway? The show is currently on now and is so far tucked away in the property you can't see it from the park!

Does anyone know where the new big brother house is because it's definitely not in the old house. I went to dreamworld a few days ago and the old house is still dirt and rust and still has arts of the old house in it.

Hmmm... Not sure what u are referring to. The new house is in the same spot as the old house. You wouldn't have been able to get anywhere near the house as a general guest at dw

I went to the live show Tuesday night it was pretty good but grass seats are very uncomfortable so if you're planning on getting grass seats bring a pillow to sit on. You may be able to grab some seats if you have grass tickets because before the show started there was empty seats left and Mike (Mike Goldman) was telling people to take them if they wanted to. Mike was pretty entertaining giving out free stuff and cracking jokes before the show and through the breaks so that was good. I also have to say I like Sonia she is very nice and funny when watching live. There was a few food stalls selling hot chips, drinks etc. It got big lines before the show but that disappeared throughout the live show and between breaks. There is also a merchandise shop to the right of the stage, i think that was there back in 2008 so if anyone went then it's in the same place but refurbished obviously. Overall good experience, I won the tickets but I think that it's worth the money. If you're into Big Brother like I am you must check it out at least once. BTW my favourite's are Estelle and Layla. ;)

Edited by kujotess

Does anyone know where the new big brother house is because it's definitely not in the old house. I went to dreamworld a few days ago and the old house is still dirt and rust and still has arts of the old house in it.

U clearly did not know where the house originally was. God knows where u were looking

I am sure this has been discussed so excuse me if i am slow on the uptake... BUT... The roof from the Friday Night Games arena is the roof that has been used to cover main street inside the park.

My post from February last year:

Also I think I know why the roof in Main Street is so small. By switching between July 2010 imagery and January 2011 imagery on NearMap I noticed a roof was removed from a portion of the Big Brother House. When comparing it against the new one it Main Street, it matches. That's why its small.