Dose Road Runner Roller Coaster need a make over ?

Jacko

When i was lining up for road runner at mvv i notice the looked DIRTY ! i was thought it needed a make over ? (Jack) :D

When i was lining up for road runner at mvv i notice the looked DIRTY !

When i was lining up for road runner at mvv

road runner at mvv

mvv

mvv

mvv

89ac9d20-904e-42d2-999c-f98129038260.jpg edit- Also, "DOES" not "DOSE" Edited by reanimated35

I mean seriously, when I first joined the boards, i'd swear that Flea was about 12... and his posts and language (and intelligent conversation) were better than some of the adult members on the boards... in 7 odd years, how poorly has our education system become that we get THIS? (Yes, I know - Facebook, Wikipedia and Google are the answer)

A ton of his threads are active, and we haven't really said anything about bad grammar up till now, so don't give me the 'you're all so unwelcoming' tripe. We genuinely welcome Jacko's contribution, but we want this site to skew towards people who can spell and express themselves reasonably well. We don't expect perfection, and I'd be a hypocrite if I did, but we don't accept 'l33t' or really bad stuff because it's not enjoyable to read. We want Jacko (and you) to keep posting. But we want him (and all members) to at least be mindful of spelling and punctuation, and how easily your posts can be read. We will always want quality over quantity, it's as simple as that. If you don't want to comply, that's fine; there are a million YouTube videos you can comment on, or Facebook groups you can join and we wish you all the best. If you want to post here, then you have to put thought and effort into your posts. Gazza may have expressed that in a way which I guess could be interpreted as a personal attack, but I don't think it was, that's just the way Gazza talks and as far as I'm concerned, that's the end of it. I'll split this off if I have to, but in the meantime let's get back to talking about, wait, what was this topic about again? :)

I mean seriously, when I first joined the boards, i'd swear that Flea was about 12... and his posts and language (and intelligent conversation) were better than some of the adult members on the boards

Hmm I don't know... looking back at some of my posts I really wonder how you all put up with me. :P

I have to agree. I do sometimes think some of the older members on here can be a bit harsh with some of the newer guys, particularly those who are genuinely trying. The odd spelling mistake shouldn't matter - but the content should. I do think Jacko has been given a (surprisingly) long leash until now but it has gone a bit too far in my opinion. I don't like reading posts that are created just for the sake of it

God, another thread turned into a class on spelling and grammar. This place will never grow if every thread gets hijacked by the punctuation police. Its honestly more annoying than people mistakes in the first place which most people probably overlook anyway. Back to the topic, I think Roadrunner looks ok at the moment. There is other things that need to be fixed first I believe.

Edited by MacPark

Mac - agree with your sentiments on RRRC. Theres nothing wrong with it. I think you'll find if you get around some of the other threads, that the bigger issue here isn't the spelling, grammar and punctuation, but moreso the pointless threads started over trivial matters that go nowhere. Joz wrote it best above, and before you critique the 'hijacking' of the thread, re-read Joz's post... and again - before you consider this thread 'hijacked' - consider how much discussion it has generated outside the 'punctuation police' in relation to the topic matter (that isn't in itself repetitive in terms of "it's fine" "there are bigger fish to fry" etc... (which is essentially the entire content of your own post as well).

I mentioned spelling and punctuation because that's what can be policed directly. We don't want to get into the business of deciding which posts are worth reading and which aren't, since everyone's idea of what makes compelling reading is different, and again given the topics are active (apart from the ones we've closed) I don't see a problem with the content. I also should say I think Jacko is copping it a bit here, there seem to be a couple young members who've joined up and are producing about the same level of comments at about the same time. Welcome guys! Just keep in mind spelling, punctuation and how interesting your post is when ou post, and we'll all get along fine.

Why do you think i't's ok to be mean a lot ? you guys can stop talking about because i'm s.... and thank god i'm leaving soon so after 20:2:12 you guys can make party to say (Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Jacko Is gone) and you broke my heart thanks for making so shit (jack)

A ton of his threads are active, and we haven't really said anything about bad grammar up till now, so don't give me the 'you're all so unwelcoming' tripe. We genuinely welcome Jacko's contribution, but we want this site to skew towards people who can spell and express themselves reasonably well. We don't expect perfection, and I'd be a hypocrite if I did, but we don't accept 'l33t' or really bad stuff because it's not enjoyable to read. We want Jacko (and you) to keep posting. But we want him (and all members) to at least be mindful of spelling and punctuation, and how easily your posts can be read. We will always want quality over quantity, it's as simple as that. If you don't want to comply, that's fine; there are a million YouTube videos you can comment on, or Facebook groups you can join and we wish you all the best. If you want to post here, then you have to put thought and effort into your posts. Gazza may have expressed that in a way which I guess could be interpreted as a personal attack, but I don't think it was, that's just the way Gazza talks and as far as I'm concerned, that's the end of it. I'll split this off if I have to, but in the meantime let's get back to talking about, wait, what was this topic about again? :)

Sicnce everybody hates me don't welcome

Sicnce everybody hates me don't welcome

also joz i'm sick of people pissing tell them to be nice piz ?!