All Joz's gaming stuff together

joz

^ In my defence, I don't really care :)

Anyway I'm probably due for another video. This one is a ride out of a park I'm working on, but got rid of since it didn't fit the park. The land the station is in is themed as a beach/cove, and this ride was just a generic coaster with no attachment to the theme. It also infringed on the sightliness of the western themed land next door, so as much as I liked this ride, it had to go. Think of it as a deleted scene from my upcoming park, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=695_FAymfpo

So what is driving this RCT3 Renassiance? Did everyones computers finally get good enough to run it :P Anyway, I liked it...Had the feel of a real Intamin hyper with the sudden pulls up and down, and that stengel dive-esque turn at 0:36. Everyone got smashed into the sides of their steats at 0:42 though... On second thoughts, intamins tend to do that on the turns too. So 10/10 for realism in hindsight.

Haha cheers, I try and keep the rides as realistic as I can, I don't really enjoy the over the top creations that are out there. Having said that, 4 bunny hills in a row is probably stretching what is realistic a little bit. I like that ride anyway. As for the resurgence, well I can't talk for everyone but I know for me it was watching videos on YouTube, and seeing some of the other cool stuff out there kept me playing (Insert favorite RCT3 vid ever): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI3usOTkQxg. I've never been a full time player of the game, and I'm still not, but I don't mind having a muck around for a couple hours. Now I have a computer that can run mid size parks well, along with all the custom content floating around it's not an awful way to spend a bit of time. As far as the videos are concerned; I want to get to learn some stuff about YouTube for something else I'll be doing in the future, so figured why not experiment by uploading some of the stuff I've already done?

Edited by joz

• 11 months later...

It's amazing what I'll do when sufficiently bored :)

I started this park by building the 'Mind Control' Coaster, and I liked it so much that I built the rest of the park to go with it. I wanted to give the park a modern feel, but with some older style rides to give the park a bit of implied history. If you're one of those people who likes a story line with the park: The park opened many years ago as an observation deck overlooking a modest canyon. As the years went by they added amusement rides to and other attractions to get more people to come. Quite quickly, the rides and other attractions became the main draw, since the canyon is fairly modest in size compared to others in the area. Recently, the park was granted permission to build a coaster inside the canyon, and built 'Mind Control' a B&M looping coaster. As part of the expansion the park also added a new modern food court with air-conditioned views of the canyon and the new coaster. Enjoy exploring the park! PS: Click the annotations on the park map to go on the rides! Edited by joz

Cheers :) I have never had an issue with wide paths, the guests don't get lost or anything like that, though they mostly tend to use the same bit of the path. Personally though I think single width walkways are way too narrow, particularly by the time you add benches and things.

Yeah I agree single is way too narrow, but I'd experimented with 3's and 4's before and they seemed to walk in circles a bit.

^ I actually used that. The guests in my parks are now all single people. It means more people are doing things, and less guests are "Waiting for group" which helps a lot, because normally there's 100's of people doing nothing in the park waiting for their group, making the park feel empty. Anyway, the latest ride from my newest park, Rush:

Enjoy!

I downloaded the Aquatrax CTR and thought I'd make a jetski ride. I've long wanted to make a ride with a dark ride section in the middle which sets up a high speed finish. To be honest it's not one of my best, I think the idea for this one is a bit flawed, or my execution was a bit off. Either way I spent too long working on it to throw it out, so here it is in all it's glory!

• 1 year later...