RCT3: 'Game World' - Can't figure out a name...

Bmull19

Ok, so I was a bit bored, and I always thought 'Why isn't there a theme park dedicated ENTIRELY to games? Like, some games makes 100's of millions, even billions, of dollars, bigger than some of the biggest block-buster movies, but there's no theme parks based around them'. So, I decided to take it to the game. I came up with four main games (which are the biggest and most known of their genre): -Legend of Zelda -Mario -Angry Birds (VERY Popular, no matter how basic it is) -Call of Duty (Black Ops had one of the biggest debuts ever) Then I came up with the rides. But it's not just the rides, in the two biggest 'worlds' (which don't yet exist), it'll be an experience in the whole area - the stretching landscape of Hyrule in LoZ and the buildings and chaos in Call of Duty. Ok, so back to the rides. There'll be: -Legend of Zelda: The Ride - Based around the most 'revolutionary' one of the series, Ocarina of Time - Coaster. -Skyward Flight - Using one of ImagineerJohn's CTRs, it'll be based around Skyward Sword - Dark Ride -Trams in around the Call of Duty city -Call of Duty Roller Coaster -An Angry Birds Shooting Gallery (like Toy Story Mania) - Dark Ride - This is the ride I began today -Mario Karts (Speaks for itself) -Mario Playground (still making & getting CS for this one) So today I spent most of my time on the project doing the Angry Birds ride (installing the invisible tracks, and the CTR, beginning some images for billboards and making the ride with only a few touches so far). All I've got so far are some images just to show progress. There's still A LOT to go, so try not to judge too much just yet. Because I can't attach BMP photos, here's the links: http://bradmullins.net/Shot0014.bmp http://bradmullins.net/Shot0015.bmp And 'Main Street': http://bradmullins.net/Shot0016.bmp I'm making all the billboard images/images in the shooter myself. More updates in a couple of days once I've done some more. :)

That sound pretty cool. I once came up with this idea of an Angry Birds Coaster. Its a launched coaster but it's a long straight track that curves up then down into a building. The station is level on the ground so the train is lowered into the station on the track which is on some kind of hydraulic suspension. When all the passengers are on the track is raised level with the rest of the track. The train is the pulled back to represent a slingshot being pulled back. Then you reach the end of the track and you stop. Some kind of launch system, most likely the tire launch like on jet rescue, launches you up the track. You go curving up then down crashing through a building with lots of special effects. You hit one magnetic brakes and stop. The tie system then brings you back to the part of the track the goes into the station. You stop on that track while some brakes lock you into place. You are then lowered back into the station. Well there you have it. The Angry Birds Slingshot Coaster!

I can see where you are coming from, but the ride would be a bit boring if the only fast bit was the curve through the air, even if the crashing special effects were good. Something like Sonic, where you would have a chance to do lots of loops etc at high speed, would be a stronger idea and more fun if you were doing a launcher. Hey, how's this for a toungue in cheek suggestion, what about a Pokemon themed dark ride, set in a cave, except the ride stops every 5 seconds because "a wild zubat appears", so, what would otherwhise be a quick an easy ride becomes a drawn out ordeal.

Hey, how's this for a toungue in cheek suggestion, what about a Pokemon themed dark ride, set in a cave, except the ride stops every 5 seconds because "a wild zubat appears", so, what would otherwhise be a quick an easy ride becomes a drawn out ordeal.

I thought about doing a Pokemon ride, but it's a hard game to make a ride for.

Retro area must have: TRON (subject to licensing!)

I have to get through all my current rides first!

Update for today. I haven't moved too far yet. Mario Kart - Track 1 (Bowser's Castle): Shot0019.png Shot0023.png Angry Birds Plaza Day: Shot0027.png Night Shot0028.png Hyrule: Shot0029.png Main Street so far: Shot0030.png I've also begun a Pac-Man roller coaster (as you can see in the background of the last image). But I didn't take a photo as all I've done is an outline of the building w/ coaster.

• 1 month later...
368s9w.jpg Went up the Windows 8. All went fine. Reinstall RCT3, lose parks as it creates a new RCT3 file in documents. And Auto Recover won't bring it back. So, in all my spare time (none), I'll work on just a single ride and try to make it as good as possible. EDIT: Is there a way to lock this thread?? Edited by Bmull19

Edit: Or virus protection!

There is no such operating system that can have no viruses. They only reason Windows has so many viruses is that most of the computers use windows, so if someone wants to infect a computer they have the best chance of affecting someone if they attack windows computers. The problem then for the other operating systems is if someone does make a virus for them they are going to be much worse because if someone actually bothers to make one they aren't going to settle for a basic virus they would want a very large highly aggressive one. Plus windows are all compatible if you know how to do it, which actually isn't very hard. Edited by Cruiseshipfan

I had a gaming computer and I was making a video game themed park, was going pretty well until my gaming computer starting stuffing up and wouldn't work, now Im forced to use my POS school laptop which is so slow :/ Shame because I had a bunch of CS and CTR's on my gaming computer and was really making a cool park! But good luck with your park, looking good.