BEST AUSSIE COASTER 2012

POP

BEST AUSSIE COASTER 2012  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Vote up to 3 of your favorite coasters!

^ No, I think for a forum this small 3 options will work better because we pretty much know which coaster is going to win BUT the interesting results will come with the runners up so if people only had 1 option all votes would go to about 2 or 3 coasters and the others wouldn't get anything but this gives other coasters a chance to poll.

In order: Superman Green Lantern Jet Rescue Buzzsaw was too much of a "was that it?" Tower is good but would be in the top three if it went the 160km/h it used to (and its US counterpart seems to be able to) Whist Scooby is great Jet Rescue is simply a fun little coaster and is why it is above it, although Scooby is a close 4th.

DREAMWORLD VS MOVIEWORLD Movie World's 4 coasters have already racked up a massive 26 votes while Dreamworld's 4 only 7 votes. A big divide there!!!

That's to be expected though. No one in their right mind would vote for MDMC or Cyclone. Buzzsaw is barely considered a coaster. TOT2 isn't a coaster either but is a great experience Basically it's 4 coasters at MW vs 1 'non coaster' at DW

That's to be expected though. No one in their right mind would vote for MDMC or Cyclone. Buzzsaw is barely considered a coaster. TOT2 isn't a coaster either but is a great experience Basically it's 4 coasters at MW vs 1 'non coaster' at DW

I think this really highlights the difference in quality between the two parks. Yes, Movie World is severely lacking in attractions, but the ones they DO have wipe the floor with Dreamworld's. If we did a poll on flume/water rides too, WWF would mow down the competition. from DW.

I think this really highlights the difference in quality between the two parks. Yes, Movie World is severely lacking in attractions, but the ones they DO have wipe the floor with Dreamworld's. If we did a poll on flume/water rides too, WWF would mow down the competition. from DW.

Definitely The only thing I think DW has over MW is its kids area, the fact this it is a little more family friendly and will be moreso when Dreamworks area opens, and that is a longer day experience than MW at present

And yes, I know I missed out coasters but if I had included all the small ones then I would have had to have literally included every coaster from Aus (close to 30 including shows)

Surely Surfrider deserves a spot though? I think the traveling coasters can be safely left out. Its closer to 26 permanent ones.

BUZZSAW vs GREEN LANTERN Another steal for Movie World as GL hits 11 votes to Buzzsaw's 1.

The thing with Buzzsaw, is that they built the lift hill and first drop, but forgot the actual coaster.

Surely Surfrider deserves a spot though? I think the traveling coasters can be safely left out. Its closer to 26 permanent ones. The thing with Buzzsaw, is that they built the lift hill and first drop, but forgot the actual coaster.

Dreamworld = cheap cheap cheap. They put lipstick on their pig rides to make them look world class but those of us who have a brain know it's just a step up from a traveling show circular coaster.

One question is how many would vote Corkscrew above Sea Viper if they were seperate options.

None. But even though they have votes, they will still likely place in the lower tier of the poll like how they would if people could only vote for one ride. It's just that the poll is more fun with more votes :P

CURRENT TALLY: 1. Superman Escape (22) 2. Green Lantern (14) 3. Scooby Doo (7) 3. Jet Rescue (7) 3. Tower of Terror (7) 6. Lethal Weapon (4) 7. Cyclone (3) 8. Buzzsaw (2) 8. Sea Viper (2) 10. Mick Doohan's Motocoaster (1) I'm actually incredibly content with that order although I want to see the 3 rides tied on #3 seperate themselves with Scooby at #3, TOT at #4 and Jet Rescue at #5

Edited by POP

I think they need votes for that to happen but they might do it themselves.

What? :S

Haven't been on Green Lantern as yet. But my 3 votes go to Superman, Scooby and Jet Rescue. TOT II comes a close 4th. We should take this poll again around the middle of the year. It would be interesting to see if Lethal scores more votes because of it's new trains.

OK :) actually we should just do it every time there is a new coaster instead of yearly :P