BEST AUSSIE COASTER 2012

POP

BEST AUSSIE COASTER 2012  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Vote up to 3 of your favorite coasters!

Ouch for Dreamworld. Movie World has the Top 3 coasters and even Sea World has the #4th spot above any of the Dreamworld coasters. In fact, Buzzsaw Cyclone and Motocoaster have a mere 6 votes COMBINED - which combined is not even 1/6th of the total that Superman Escape has.

To be fair, coasters aren't what Dreamworld are good at, but if you make a poll for best ride which also includes Giant Drop, Claw, and (for me even if no one else agrees) Wipeout, then you'll see Deamworld perform much better. Not that I think a new poll should be made, but just saying that it's silly to see Dreamworld is a lessor park because of a poor showing here.

I went on it close to it's opening date, and yep I noticed the roughness on Buzzsaw even then. But it wasn't a traditional jarring roughness....it was more of a 'shuffle-shuffle-shuffle' movement through the twist. It wasn't too uncomfortable, but more of a surprise; I always thought Maurer coasters to be smooth and comfortable. So now it's even during the straight bits? :S

Dammit Maurer Sohne, your rides look so promising but they never are.

this is true. Rip Ride Rockit at USO looks great; a very unique layout and with all those special add-ons; on-board audio, lighting. But all I hear is that it's 'rough' .....probably with that same 'jostling'/'shuffling' problem. Edited by Luke

That said, their spinning coasters are superb from a ride experience perspective, and aren't rough.

Yeah from all reports they are excellent. I would love to ride an example of one these soon and I hope that one of our parks (Seaworld I am looking at you!!! -_- ) adds one in the very near future!! I think they are also perfect for either Luna Park but that would be way to much to hope for!! ;)

• 1 month later...

Out of the 50 voters, 44 chose Superman Escape as one of their options and rightfully so imo. It's clearly Australia's best quality and most loved coaster and it's really an asset to Movie World. I really hoped this ride would be the catalyst for bigger and better coasters in the future and I still hope for that.

Superman only managed to get on the poll in 2005 ranked as no. 17 in the world, other years it hasn't had enough riders vote to get a place on the poll. But if it did I'd still expect it to place in at least the top 30. I think the next Aussie Coaster in the poll with the second highest rank was Scooby Doo at around #70, then I think TOT was about #100. One year, Mick Doohans Motocoaster came second last!

Ironically Motocoaster usually has one of the longest lines at Dreamworld. If the trains weren't so uncomfortable I think it could've been a really good coaster. Jet Rescue is the same model coaster as the Motocoaster, so I think if Motocoaster got trains were people are sitting in the same position as on Jet Rescue the ride experience could be greatly improved.

Ironically Motocoaster usually has one of the longest lines at Dreamworld. If the trains weren't so uncomfortable I think it could've been a really good coaster. Jet Rescue is the same model coaster as the Motocoaster, so I think if Motocoaster got trains were people are sitting in the same position as on Jet Rescue the ride experience could be greatly improved.

Not to mention the fact that Jet Rescue has a better layout and has 2 launch sections to keep the momentum going. Motocoaster just dies out. Dreamworld should have gone with the Vekoma model as was (apparently) originally planned

I think the reason for Motocoaster having long lines is its very much a family coaster and something everyone can ride (about the age of 7/8 or whatever). Most parents wouldnt touch the Tower of Terror.

The reason it gets long lines is a poorly setup restraint system and staffing levels. If the restrains where quicker to "lock"/check and they had a dedicated control panel operator things would be slightly quicker. Also running both trains may help things slightly. I am yet to visit when both have been on track and running efficiently.