What big attractions do you want to see at MW/DW in the next 5 yrs?

POP

Since, historically, the parks add one MAJOR ride every 5 years, what do you want the parks to invest in next? For me... Movie World - Wooden Coaster and/or World-class Dark water ride. Dreamworld - B&M I really don't see why these parks can't invest in something upwards of $20 million. They charge Disneyland rates and yet put in rides worthy of Legoland (OK slight exaggeration but you get the point).

Edited by POP

Personally if Dreamworld were going to go something like B&M or really major they would have done it for their 30th. Interesting thing with Movie World is where rides would be placed. Not only is there residents that need to be considered there are also the studios. Noise from Lethal Weapon has been known to cause issues in some of the sound stages so a wooden coaster near them would need some noise control measures. I think everyone would like to see a wooden coaster at one of the parks.

Actually, Our parks charge ABOVE disney rates. The difference is that what we see as a daily record attendance, Disney sees in an hour... So do the math - Who is able to afford a $20m attraction, and who isn't? Actually, Our parks charge ABOVE disney rates. The difference is that what we see as a daily record attendance, Disney sees in an hour... So do the math - Who is able to afford a $20m attraction, and who isn't?

Yea i agree it would be brilliant to have another good themed ride. Maybe they could use Batman, Lord of the Rings/ Hobbit (as joz has suggested before) or Revenge of the titans as idea's for the ride? Edit: Thinking about it more Sherlock Holmes would be a pretty awesome theme as well.

Edited by Lukes.life

I would love for the back of the park to see some new rides and shows. The western area is in need of a major ride/coaster/show. It should be a decent expansion, and if done correctly, it'll bring people back to an area that has been slowly forgotten due to the steel monsters at the front of the park. But the thing is, vacant space is a huge problem for movieworld...always has been. The only possible way that I can see for a new attraction to be built is in the space between scooby and wild west falls. I highly doubt we'll see another major show (like the grand illusion show....which I loved as a kid, and I still miss). So if that stage show isn't being used, completely tear it down, and bam, you have a decent sized area for an expansion. post-1433-0-74897700-1327900900_thumb.jp

Edit: Thinking about it more Sherlock Holmes would be a pretty awesome theme as well.

^Good idea! It's a decent franchise to work with; the movies have been great. Not too sure what type of ride system you would use....a dark ride perhaps. Hmmm, you could do some sort of steam-punk themed ride, as the movies are set in that Victorian Era. Edited by Luke

I would love for the back of the park to see some new rides and shows. The western area is in need of a major ride/coaster/show. It should be a decent expansion, and if done correctly, it'll bring people back to an area that has been slowly forgotten due to the steel monsters at the front of the park. But the thing is, vacant space is a huge problem for movieworld...always has been. The only possible way that I can see for a new attraction to be built is in the space between scooby and wild west falls. I highly doubt we'll see another major show (like the grand illusion show....which I loved as a kid, and I still miss). So if that stage show isn't being used, completely tear it down, and bam, you have a decent sized area for an expansion. post-1433-0-74897700-1327900900_thumb.jp ^Good idea! It's a decent franchise to work with; the movies have been great. Not too sure what type of ride system you would use....a dark ride perhaps. Hmmm, you could do some sort of steam-punk themed ride, as the movies are set in that Victorian Era.

Yea that area seems like the best option they have. If to go with the Sherlock Holmes idea they could maybe do a wooden coaster with a sort of steam punk themed queue like you said. It would hopefully be far enough from the residential area to not cause any hassle there and also has WWF to block some of the noise. From the picture they could re theme the blue area to the Victorian era with maybe a different colour paint to the existing flooring then modify the sound stage as the queue line, add another room for the station and the highlighted bit could be the actual ride. KyKM3.jpg

So... I'm agreeing with your idea? Luke your idea is good, though I'd perfer to see an expansion to the Wild West Area rather than a new zone. A Wild West Themed Woodie would be fantastic with some flat rides.

Yeah really i'm happy with whatever they do, as long as it is something new and preferably a woodie. A wild west themed one would be an awesome addition. It would be good to sruce up the wild west area with like you said flat rides and maybe a new wild west parade... anyways i guess we will just have to wait and see.