What big attractions do you want to see at MW/DW in the next 5 yrs?

POP

Plus Wooden rollercoasters are generally cheaper than their steel counterparts. It would be great to see one in the Wild West Area along with a family ride and thrilling flat. Movieworld is dire need of 1 or 2 flat rides IMO. With three new attractions like these added to the wild west area and the replacements of LTRR and BTAR2, Movieworld would have a very good offering of attractions for all ages and begin to compete with Dreamworld on the quantity level, which is a common complaint I hear.

Apart from seeing some great replace both LTRR and BTAR2, which I hope we can at least see a really awesome simulator or shooting ride. I would love to see MW get another big budget WOW show in the Show Stage; a high class, world class rapid ride; and wooden roller coaster. I know its only for MW and DW but I want to include SW for a bit because I've heard it thrown up to get a ride similar in nature to Soarin' in the Show Stage re-done to the Gold Coast/Australia, however I think such a ride would be better fitted to a park like SW. Its more family orientated, it has a big focus on nature and the environment and for me it just feels like it would be so much better fitted for them. Would the 4D theatre be capable of fitting such a ride?? DW, I really want to see them continue to bring it back to the old charm it had, return it Australian themed and colours (No bright colours that hurt the eyes and fade quickly) and a really kick ass ride of some sort that really gets the public talking and isn't a one trick pony; whether it be family or thrill and is a people eater.

Gazza has already done the comparison of 'Soarin' to the Roxy theatre at MW (it's bigger than SW's theatre). Bottom line is if you take the roxy's entire building, and extend it through the shops, cafe, fence, creek, and part way into the main carpark, you've got enough space for soarin'.

Yes but thats done on a Disney scale. We wouldn't need something so large. From memory didn't Vekoma bring out a similar system that could be made smaller?? If SW's theatre wasn't big enough either then maybe if they could somewhere with more room (not there is much left) and put it there. Just my feel is that if Village were to purchase such a ride it would be better suited to a park such as SW.

The issue is, if you go too small the capacity suffers (less space for seats), and you loose the impact of flying in front of this big massive immersive screen suspended high in the air...The very thing that makes Soarin' awesome.

From memory didn't Vekoma bring out a similar system that could be made smaller??

Never gonna fit it in the SW cinema. Even the small versions are too big to fit, and there is the vertical head height needed too. Edited by Gazza

I want to see a properly themed dark ride like IJ.

The issue is, if you go too small the capacity suffers (less space for seats), and you loose the impact of flying in front of this big massive immersive screen suspended high in the air...The very thing that makes Soarin' awesome.

really?